• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
25 minutes ago, JaneB said:

JT and Lord Percy

Golden days. 

Throw Gallas into that mix too. Even Alex as well to be fair I'd take right now as a massive upgrade (literally and metaphorically)

• Like 1

paulw66   

I'm thrown with the defence - do you mix it up, or try and stick with a particular combination? 

I feel like we just need to get this season out of the way, and start again. Question marks hang over the future of a few, so life will be a bit clearer when we know who's out. 

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Thanks for that. I wanted another good look at Ake in the Bournemouth game but he was injured early. I can't help thinking he's an upgrade on what he have. Zouma and Ake as a pair would be a solid partnership. 

I like Ake a lot but dont see him as they type of player we need. 

We are crying out for a leader, a proper centre half that can read the game and organise a defence. The obvious comparison is JT but there isn't another JT anywhere. A Garry Cahil type signing would be perfect but that signing was a one off.

I genuinely think every one of our centre halves would be massively improved just playing alongside a JT/Cahill type. Rudiger would have been colossal next to JT and Zouma was brilliant playing with him before his injury. 

Until we get someone like that Ake would be a complete waste of time.

JaneB   
12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Golden days. 

Throw Gallas into that mix too. Even Alex as well to be fair I'd take right now as a massive upgrade (literally and metaphorically)

I don't need much of an excuse to mention those golden days Paul!!  

Even Drogba was a better defender than who we've got atm.

45 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I like Ake a lot but dont see him as they type of player we need. 

We are crying out for a leader, a proper centre half that can read the game and organise a defence. The obvious comparison is JT but there isn't another JT anywhere. A Garry Cahil type signing would be perfect but that signing was a one off.

I genuinely think every one of our centre halves would be massively improved just playing alongside a JT/Cahill type. Rudiger would have been colossal next to JT and Zouma was brilliant playing with him before his injury. 

Until we get someone like that Ake would be a complete waste of time.

Makes you wonder why we just threw Gary out with a whimper seeing as he'd walk into this side and improve it immediately. 

On one leg even. 

bert19   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I'm thrown with the defence - do you mix it up, or try and stick with a particular combination? 

I feel like we just need to get this season out of the way, and start again. Question marks hang over the future of a few, so life will be a bit clearer when we know who's out. 

The most stable and effective pairing we’ve had this season was Zouma & Tomori in Sep/Oct/Nov when we went on that winning run. Looked like they actually enjoyed playing together as well

bert19   
37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Makes you wonder why we just threw Gary out with a whimper seeing as he'd walk into this side and improve it immediately. 

On one leg even. 

Because he doesn’t play Sarriball wasn’t it? One of his better qualities if you ask me...

Leo91   

I dunno we want to play with a higher line dont we. Cahill legs have gone. 

1 minute ago, Leo91 said:

I dunno we want to play with a higher line dont we. Cahill legs have gone. 

I think the line we're playing is around the half way one.