• Current Donation Goals

Dingus   
9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sure, it's a nice to have. Just not at the cost of trophies IMO. Unless you want to be Arsenal under Wenger in the last 10 years. 

THIS.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

As yet we don't have a Roachford "cuddly toy"or a Terence Trent Darby (apologies, forgot), 

Eh?

paulw66   

Absolutely no idea who starts. Do you stick with the same defence to try and build some cohesion, or do you rip it up and try something new?

Alonso and Rudiger seemed to carry the can for West Ham, but we saw much the same against Palace and Sheff Utd. 

Kovacic has to play. Not sure about the rest.

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

Maybe a romantic notion but I reckon SFL has earned that bit more patience and support than the likes of Sarri.

Absolutely, he is one of us, he is a supporter.Its not all been plain sailing but he has done it without buying, he has blooded some youngsters and if he can shop wisely and add to the 2 good buys we already have (assuming Werner gets done) then we can judge him at the end of next season. I am happy the way its going and am optimistic we can grow a young team. I will not be happy with him if he brings in any ageing superstars, we are done with them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Absolutely no idea who starts. Do you stick with the same defence to try and build some cohesion, or do you rip it up and try something new?

Alonso and Rudiger seemed to carry the can for West Ham, but we saw much the same against Palace and Sheff Utd. 

Kovacic has to play. Not sure about the rest.

5 at the back with Alonso & Dave as the WB 

Might get to the bookies for Pukki punt

We must and can win this game tonight , lets try and get behind the boys and accentuate the positives to coin a phrase .

Frank and the coaching team , no budget to spend , players working their ticket , loanees returning from the Championship plus Kova and Puli and all in all they've done a good job , we all wanted stability and most of us thought we'd struggle to get in the CL places , and we have , but we are ! Not bad at all.

Kepa , we have a keeper called Kepa , how cool is that . 

Azpillicueta , on his day his energy up and down the wing and his relentless drive to succeed can be awe inspiring 

Rudiger , He's really big and tough and that 

Christensen , not only a mummys boy on the pitch but off it too as his Mum is his agent , he'd be great at Barcelona , that's how good he is , when can he go ?

Reece James , this boy has the World ahead of him , patience and we have struck gold

Kova - never gives the ball away , a great holding midfielder 

Jorginho , Looks like a young Rolf Harris , a truly excellent tempo setter

Willian , the best hilights player in the Premier League , nay the World , his showreel must be XXX rated its so naughty .

Pulisic - Captain America , as wriggly as a snake and twice as deadly

Mason Mount - a gem of a player ,used wisely he'll be a phenomenon

Giroud , handsome , charming a cold eyed killer from the wrong side of the tracks , Mr goals , You want goals ? This guy does it all , Scorpion kicks , Overheads, tap ins , precision shots 

Tammy , only the best English centre forward of a generation is all , take that Mason Bloomin Greenwood .

Alonso , Slow as a tortoise , deadly as a rattlesnake 

C'mon guys its NORWICH ! NORWICH , they only got plumbing and electricity last year , we can do this !!!!!

• Haha 1

paulw66   
39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We must and can win this game tonight , lets try and get behind the boys and accentuate the positives to coin a phrase .

Frank and the coaching team , no budget to spend , players working their ticket , loanees returning from the Championship plus Kova and Puli and all in all they've done a good job , we all wanted stability and most of us thought we'd struggle to get in the CL places , and we have , but we are ! Not bad at all.

Kepa , we have a keeper called Kepa , how cool is that . 

Azpillicueta , on his day his energy up and down the wing and his relentless drive to succeed can be awe inspiring 

Rudiger , He's really big and tough and that 

Christensen , not only a mummys boy on the pitch but off it too as his Mum is his agent , he'd be great at Barcelona , that's how good he is , when can he go ?

Reece James , this boy has the World ahead of him , patience and we have struck gold

Kova - never gives the ball away , a great holding midfielder 

Jorginho , Looks like a young Rolf Harris , a truly excellent tempo setter

Willian , the best hilights player in the Premier League , nay the World , his showreel must be XXX rated its so naughty .

Pulisic - Captain America , as wriggly as a snake and twice as deadly

Mason Mount - a gem of a player ,used wisely he'll be a phenomenon

Giroud , handsome , charming a cold eyed killer from the wrong side of the tracks , Mr goals , You want goals ? This guy does it all , Scorpion kicks , Overheads, tap ins , precision shots 

Tammy , only the best English centre forward of a generation is all , take that Mason Bloomin Greenwood .

Alonso , Slow as a tortoise , deadly as a rattlesnake 

C'mon guys its NORWICH ! NORWICH , they only got plumbing and electricity last year , we can do this !!!!!

have you had a drink?

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Honest question ... Where are you seeing this? On this forum?

Yes particularly on this forum. It ebbs and flows with results tbf. Some as I said have very entrenched positions and are more than ready (since the start of the season and even before it) to give a kicking and suggest he's not up to it, he's not qualified or experienced enough, he was merely hired because of his connection with the club (maybe some truth in that) and it will basically all end in tears and a Chelsea legend will have his reputation stained forever. A small group (excluding comedy posters , and it aint a huge forum) have made a decision that he should go at the end of season..no if's no but's. Then there are some (and I can be in this category occasionally) who just get frustrated after a bad run of results or a performance and question some of his decisions....but that will happen with every coach and every bunch of supporters in the land....we sometimes need to vent.

As I said , I'm not opposed to giving Lampard a verbal kick up the arse and do it myself. For instance, IMO Keppa should not be in goal for us. Lamps made a brave decision to drop him earlier in the season but then Keppa had one good game in FA cup and he was back in. If Lampard had stuck to his guns and kept Cabs in, IMO we would have more points on the board than we do now. Another one is Jorginho situation. I'm not a big fan but his form this season had been really good so it was strange that he excluded him completely up until now. Christenson IMO should be nowhere near the first team right now but Frank seems to have a blind spot. On the other hand Frank has often proved a lot of people wrong with certain decisions.

He's not perfect and no one is claiming he is. The trouble is he was a perfect player, but we have to put that to one side. I was trying to get people, as we reach a critical game when emotions will be high to just take some perspective.  He's done really well in difficult circumstances. If you have a problem with that it's ok too. I was highly critical of Sarri and didn't like lots about him as a coach...but hey he got us third. But some of the same people who criticized me for having a go at Sarri are now expressing their right to criticize Lampard (and then of course throwing that same argument back at me) so it goes round and round with people calling each other hypocrites. The truth is we should feel free to criticize whoever we like (and I'm getting very pissed off about the precious value of free speech being eroded in this country right now so that's where my mind set is). However......at this moment in time, lets all try and will the team over the line. I'm sure a big discussion will take place about Lampards future at the end of the season, but I don't think a win, draw or loss (God forbid) against Norwich should be the starting gun for that.... but it probably will.

As far as I'm concerned, I've said my piece, I've got it out of my system and I'll keep my powder dry on Lampard until the end of the season. As far as having a go at certain players, or formations or tactics or even praising those things...well thats what we're here for. I'm certainly not here for my health.     

Ham   
47 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Eh?

They might be musical references from before your time. 

I think Droy is at the same pub lock in as Mark at the moment 😆🍻

JaneB   
47 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Absolutely, he is one of us, he is a supporter.Its not all been plain sailing but he has done it without buying, he has blooded some youngsters and if he can shop wisely and add to the 2 good buys we already have (assuming Werner gets done) then we can judge him at the end of next season. I am happy the way its going and am optimistic we can grow a young team. I will not be happy with him if he brings in any ageing superstars, we are done with them.

He's done.  Pay attention to my threads ;-)