• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, Never happy said:

So Lampard says he learnt after the Sheffield Utd fiasco, we shall see.

mind you he said the same thing after other defeats, and then continued to pick the same players.

willy

Azpi             Tomorri/Ruddiger       Zouma 

Jorgino

James.                Kovacic.                       RLC.              Alonso

Pulisic

Giroud

Kepa,Christenson, Willian,mount and Barkley out, they were all crap, 

NOTE TO Lampard - tell the team to try passing the ball forwards instead of sideways and backwards

1. they were all crap at SU. 

2. curious what Kepa did wrong..... please, anything?

On 7/14/2020 at 4:45 PM, Never happy said:

mind you he said the same thing after other defeats, and then continued to pick the same players.

willy

Jorgino

Pulisic

Giroud

NOTE TO Lampard - tell the team to try passing the ball forwards instead of sideways and backwards

Well he has certainly juggled that back 4 around lately, some would say to much. I think Christenson has finally cooked his goose. Zouma is a stick on with Tomorri if fit. I'd drop Keppa but don't think FL will. Tbh any side we put out should be too much for Norwich. 

On 7/14/2020 at 4:55 PM, paulw66 said:

2. curious what Kepa did wrong..... please, anything?

I just think Cabs always looks better. I feel calmer when he's between the sticks. 

20 minutes ago, Never happy said:

willy

Jorgino

Pulisic

Giroud

Our tactics are a little predictable.

1. Defenders pass across the line, all the time moving backwards then a pass to our most famous ball player Kepa who puts us further in trouble.

2 Midfielders pass it across the pitch to the 'winger' who then fails to find a striker. No striker stands a chance when they dont see the ball.

Norwich boss need only read these pages

Blue Rod   
7 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Our tactics are a little predictable.

1. Defenders pass across the line, all the time moving backwards then a pass to our most famous ball player Kepa who puts us further in trouble.

2 Midfielders pass it across the pitch to the 'winger' who then fails to find a striker. No striker stands a chance when they dont see the ball.

Norwich boss need only read these pages

Don't know what we do in training. We have to find the confidence to go on the offensive the moment we win ball, whether it's inside out box or in midfield. The deeper and earlier you start your attack, the more you catch your opponent out of position.

Passing sideways is cheap. You don't waste your time training to do those kinds of passing. That first pass after you've won the ball has to be an offensive one, and you burst out of defendimg and straight into attacking. That is transition in modern game, not some passing in the middle while allowing your opponents time to get back 

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

So chanting eff sarriball is "support"?

You can think what you like, but that doesn't help.

I agree. I meant more that you don't cease to be a supporter if you don't like what you see and say so. If you sing "f**k Sarriball" I think you're an idiot but still a supporter. If you don't think Lampard is up to much, you're still a supporter. This is Chelsea, not communist China; you're allowed to dissent.

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes particularly on this forum. It ebbs and flows with results tbf. Some as I said have very entrenched positions and are more than ready (since the start of the season and even before it) to give a kicking and suggest he's not up to it, he's not qualified or experienced enough, he was merely hired because of his connection with the club (maybe some truth in that) and it will basically all end in tears and a Chelsea legend will have his reputation stained forever. A small group (excluding comedy posters , and it aint a huge forum) have made a decision that he should go at the end of season..no if's no but's. Then there are some (and I can be in this category occasionally) who just get frustrated after a bad run of results or a performance and question some of his decisions....but that will happen with every coach and every bunch of supporters in the land....we sometimes need to vent.

Fair enough. It's not what I've seen; I can't recall a single post saying he should go or that they want him to go.

I think there are roups even within those groups. To me, it's not even an argument that he's here on merit. He's very, very clearly here because of who he is and his connection to the club. I don't think though that I'm in any group that has ill feeling towards him though because of that. If anything, it means I've not been inclined to lose my rag after individual games.

And now for a bit of comedy ...

IMG-20200714-WA0003.jpg

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

And now for a bit of comedy ...

IMG-20200714-WA0003.jpg

That's Christensen with the glasses isn't it? 

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I agree. I meant more that you don't cease to be a supporter if you don't like what you see and say so. If you sing "f**k Sarriball" I think you're an idiot but still a supporter. If you don't think Lampard is up to much, you're still a supporter. This is Chelsea, not communist China; you're allowed to dissent.

IMG-20200714-WA0003.jpg

Yes I agree. Sadly the modern world requires conformity on many opinions or you get cancelled

Photo - very good!

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Hold on...........where were these statements last season? When the "supporters" were singing f8ck Sarriball at Cardiff (for one)? 

Sarri was taking pelters, and he finished 3rd, won the EL and nearly won the LC. (yes, yes he had Hazard and there was no transfer ban)

Not turning this into Sarri v SFL, but it seems it's not ok to criticise SFL, where it was with Sarri. The double standards, I find incredible.  

Not double standards I didn't agree then either

Holymoly   
2 hours ago, Never happy said:

Gilmour's not playing