• Current Donation Goals

bONes   
Just now, paulw66 said:

Another 8 corners and we never look like scoring from any.

Zouma, Rüdi and Giroud should have scored. All had free headers and they all went wide

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

So? You've watched enough football to know that some days teams show up and other days they don't. Them being bottom of the league doesn't mean we automatically get to hammer them 6-0.

No, but I expect better than that. How many clear chances were there? It's not good enough.

Holymoly   

Hoping they're saving themselves for the semi.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, bONes said:

Zouma, Rüdi and Giroud should have scored. All had free headers and they all went wide

We must be bottom of the corner stats at both ends

4 minutes ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

So? You've watched enough football to know that some days teams show up and other days they don't. Them being bottom of the league doesn't mean we automatically get to hammer them 6-0.

Well that that’s the third day in eight when the team didn’t turn up. Only difference today is 3 points

Edited by RobertoftheGiz
Fooling apple text prediction

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Hoping they're saving themselves for the semi.

Struggling to get excited about the cup.... All about top 4. 

That said, am sure I will feel different at kick off. We owe them

A win with no scary moments in last 15 - I'll take that even if it was a poor performance.

Keep the good performances (and Mount and Kante) for the next two games.

Their keeper has a save percentage of 83% in that game, Kepa got 0/0 so his average won't change. It is a funny way to look at things, save %.

47 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

The position in which RLC is playing and Barkley has played in the last few games is the most bizarre position I've seen in a long time. The player doesn't really get back and defend, they don't attack the opposition's area, they don't take part in the build up; we could play someone from our academy in that position and it wouldn't make a difference.

Agreed - it is weird.  Pretty much as though both are being allowed to play the game they want to with no pressure to defend and none to score except from the odd worldie.

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Another 8 corners and we never look like scoring from any.

REally - I though we got quite close on 4 occasions.  The choo choo train re-appeared o suggest there has been a bit of practice again.
Rudiger, Zouma and Giroud all had free headers at the same spot that they might have scored from.
For me it was a classic example of how it is not that difficult to score against a team that doesn't defend corners well (Norwich or Chelsea).

6 minutes ago, bONes said:

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We must be bottom of the corner stats at both ends

I should think Norwich are bottom at both ends.  Maybe 2nd from bottom.

that was dull but it was 3 points. Maybe we didn't want to ruin their -42 goal difference too much

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Struggling to get excited about the cup.... All about top 4. 

That said, am sure I will feel different at kick off. We owe them

Feeling the same. Have enjoyed their whining about VAR today though!