• Current Donation Goals

You could smell the nerves and feel the pressure but obviously delighted with 3 points which was absolutely vital. We created some good chances,  and they created nothing. Clean sheet was also welcome. 

In my alternative Universe we came out and went straight for the jugular. We fizzed the ball around and bamboozled them with little flicks and tricks. Just before drinks break we score our deserved first and SFL pats everyone on the back . Just before half time we score our second and Norwich are done. We score a delightful third after 60 mins and Frank makes 5 changes to save legs for the weekend. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

Back in the real world does anyone know any Man United or Leicester fans? I do. Feccing gutted. 

Rob B   
6 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

One question though; if 11 PL professional footballers met for the first time to take on this Norwich side,  woul they play any worse? Answer: they'd probably play better.

I don't see what this team does in training,  absolutely don't.

Defending corners? Set pieces? Running? Shooting? Marking? Tackling? Passing? They do passing, but not to create a goal. In the end our goals seems to come by accident, not by design. 

Mate, lighten up for Christ’s sake!! 

There are literally only two teams that are better than us in the whole country currently.  Our manager and number two are undergoing their first seasons in the PL, we haven’t brought anyone in for the past two transfer windows, having lost our best player and talisman last summer.

Admittedly we’re not at our best currently, but we have put 4 past Everton, Ajax, Burnley and Southampton this season, and 5 past Wolves; and we’ve also beaten Spurs twice, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Leicester. 

So many teams would kill to be in our position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2020 at 0:18 AM, Rob B said:

Mate, lighten up for Christ’s sake!! 

There are literally only two teams that are better than us in the whole country currently.  Our manager and number two are undergoing their first seasons in the PL, we haven’t brought anyone in for the past two transfer windows, having lost our best player and talisman last summer.

Admittedly we’re not at our best currently, but we have put 4 past Everton, Ajax, Burnley and Southampton this season, and 5 past Wolves; and we’ve also beaten Spurs twice, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Leicester. 

So many teams would kill to be in our position.

Someone actually asked me today if I was exaggerating about the presence of an over negative mindset on this forum. Ladies and gentlemen I give you Blue Rod. Miserable as fuuuk when we have the temerity to win a must win game which puts us in pole position for top 3/4 place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Someone actually asked me today if I was exaggerating about the presence of an over negative mindset on this forum. Ladies and gentlemen I give you Blue Rod. Miserable as fuuuk when we have the temerity to win a must win game which puts us in pole position for top 3/4 place.

Generally, he seems to attribute everything to the coaching staff. Its been years and its always the same complaints. 

Anyway, regarding the game, I felt nervous throughout the game and I believe the players felt the pressure as well. 

I don't know if I am nervous because missing out on the UCL would be a disaster or if its because I am genuinely afraid of the club sacking SFL. I haven't been this taken up with a coach since Jose was at the helm. 

Its a sad situation but you can't be sure with the club and you can never tell how they would have reacted regarding Frank's job if we lost this game or even if we go on to miss out on the top 4.

There's Pochettino out there and we already made huge investment in the squad. I genuinely do sit and wonder how Chelsea managers cope sometimes.

Credit to the players and credit to Pulisic and Giroud for getting today's job done.

Beating United on Sunday would be a huge boost for the club. Its strange but we are sitting third with 2 games to go and the club feels as though it needs a boost.

paulw66   
6 hours ago, Ham said:

Which is probable. 

Really? Suggest you put a few quid on it.

Screenshot_2020-07-15-06-21-01.png

Stim   

Pulisic was actually trying to pass backwards but mishit it so that it flew into the box right onto Girouds head. Giroud, trying to remember where the goal was, looked towards it's direction where (luckily) the ball bounced off his noggin into the goal

7 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

No, I asked if you'd seen anyone say Lampard should go. I also said I didn't count 'comedy' posters.

8 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Just watched Premier League Greatest Games and it was of us battering Wigan on 2010. Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou all started with Lamps and Ballack in a midfield two; what an attacking team, but then they did have JT, Alex, Ivan and A.Cole behind them.

It made me think that maybe we're too harsh on this team at times, well...way too harsh. Kalou was seen as the weaker of the players that started that day yet he walks into this current team without any questions asked.

Ahead of Willian or Pulisic?  Or even CHO?
Sorry Kalou was always a poor player in a magnificent team.  He had some determination and was disciplined.  But technically he was poor, physically he was weak.  Chelsea's version of Djimi Traore.

That was pretty painful viewing, but really, I don't care at this point, just happy with the 3 points. The team (and we're not the only one) are starting to look really tired, with so many games built up over such a relatively short period of time, even Man United looked leggy vs Southampton. I really hope Pulisic and Willian are given a break vs Man United, ahead of the final 2 games.

Rudiger looked better last night, but then it was Norwich, but he at least seemed to actually be focused and concentrating. James looked the best he's been since the 'restart' when he came on and I just don't know where we'd be without Pulisic and Giroud!

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ahead of Willian or Pulisic?  Or even CHO?
Sorry Kalou was always a poor player in a magnificent team.  He had some determination and was disciplined.  But technically he was poor, physically he was weak.  Chelsea's version of Djimi Traore.

Have to agree with this, Kalou was fortunate to have been playing amongst all those players. He was so frustrating to watch, but fortunately, it generally didn't matter as those around him were so good, they'd make up for it.

That was a ridiculously good squad though, it has a bit of everything.

• Like 1