• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Norwich City 0

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, it is very easy to look at the scenario, what if they win all their games.......in reality, they won't 

And we might, which makes everything else irrelevant. 

Also Wolves and Leicester will play 2 games before we next play meaning we will know far more by the time we go to Liverpool, who we have played three times this year and been very good in each game. They will have nothing to play for, we will have everything. I dont think that can be ignored.

23 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Overall there are 11 games to be played that will determine the top 4. There is no way in a million years anyone can predict what will happen, its utterly pointless. We all seem to think it will be difficult for us yet Leicester are terrible at the moment and have some horrendous fixtures. United didn't look convincing against Southampton and have far tougher games than people think, plus them playing Leicester last game is huge. Wolves just aren't that good and again have 3 very tricky games.

To be honest I can see us not getting another point and still finishing 4th.

Obviously there is still a lot that is mathematically possible, but I think it's only really what Leicester do in their games that will make a big difference. In their form, it's safest to assume United will get the points they need. With our form, it's safest to assume we'll not get anything at Anfield. Wolves are decent but are very, very much an outside bet. Leicester look done in, and on recent performances you'd say they look like they'll get a point at most in their remaining games ... But ...

Edited by thevelourfog

Jasonb   

That was an uncomfortable closing ten minutes.

Reece's casual back-pass to Kepa might have cost us against a more aggressive team.

Pulisic is excellent attacking yet as soon as he pauses and turns backwards he appears at risk of losing the ball, someone needs to spot  this and work something in training otherwise sooner or later it will spring a deadly counter attack.

Ham   
47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

so let's break this down.........

1. yes, the odds will change. there is more than a fair chance that at least one of the chasing pack doesn't win their game in hand. Leicester look incapable of anything at the moment, United go to Palace, which is no gimme, and Burnley away for Wolves is no picnic either. Statistically, someone will drop points. 

2. With regards to Wolves themselves, I really don't think they are that good. Scored 48 goals all season, and if Jiminez doesn't score, they don't pose a huge threat. Good denesively, and well organised, but I don't see them winning 3 in a row. A quick glance, they have won 3 in a row twice this season, and both times that included playing two games against teams that occupy the current bottom 5. Their remaining 3 games are against 14, 10 and 3. Don't see 9 points there at all. 

3. Yes. I reckon we can knick a draw at Anfield. Reasons being are that we tend to look more comfortable against teams that come out and play. Our achilles heel has been against the low block.......think West Ham, Bournemouth, Southampton at home and again stuggling last night. Moreover Liverpool have nothing to play for, and they have been rotating their side, giving youth players a go. Playing Liverpool now is a different prospect to what it would have been in Jan or Feb

4. In terms of the last game, due to the points made above, I don't think Wolves will be able to qualify for the CL  but there is a good chance they have the EL in their pocket.  

I hope you're right.

Blue Rod   
10 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Generally, he seems to attribute everything to the coaching staff. Its been years and its always the same complaints. 

Anyway, regarding the game, I felt nervous throughout the game and I believe the players felt the pressure as well. 

I don't know if I am nervous because missing out on the UCL would be a disaster or if its because I am genuinely afraid of the club sacking SFL. I haven't been this taken up with a coach since Jose was at the helm. 

Its a sad situation but you can't be sure with the club and you can never tell how they would have reacted regarding Frank's job if we lost this game or even if we go on to miss out on the top 4.

There's Pochettino out there and we already made huge investment in the squad. I genuinely do sit and wonder how Chelsea managers cope sometimes.

Credit to the players and credit to Pulisic and Giroud for getting today's job done.

Beating United on Sunday would be a huge boost for the club. Its strange but we are sitting third with 2 games to go and the club feels as though it needs a boost.

What a contradiction or self parody. You are s******* yourself panicking about Lampard being sacked while I am just saying it loud and clear, as I've always done,  what I think the manager (and the players) should be doing and are failing to do right now. And yet I am the bad guy for Lampard.

Don't worry about Lampard being sacked. Just think; what does he have to do to keep his job?. If he can't do it, and he is sacked, then you can always find some reason in the decision. If you think he's doing everything he can, then just chill and ignore everybody else's opinions.

FL has taken on a massive job at a massive club. Whether you choose to sing and dance and celebrate the performances of 5 months ago, it makes no difference to the reality of  the job. 

Yesterday we played a lot of nonsense considering the players we have. The players are not performing to their best, nor is the manager proving himself. If you find that too hard to take, grab yourself a bottle of rum. 

Edited by JaneB
Language

6 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

FL has taken on a massive job at a massive club. Whether you choose to sing and dance and celebrate the performances of 5 months ago, it makes no difference to the reality of  the job. 

I'll duck a lot of points you just made and concentrate just on this.
Actually NO - it wasn't a massive job or a massive club at the time because a) many other clubs had more money, and b) we had a poor squad which had over spent on largely rubbish with only  Alonso, Kante and Rudiger of the many Conte era buys and all three of the Sarri era choices of Jorginho, Kepa and Pulisic getting regular games for us (and some don't even reckon on two thirds of them).

But it becomes a massive job at a massive club next season.
The question is not has Frank grown, but has the club grown faster.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Actually NO - it wasn't a massive job or a massive club at the time because a) many other clubs had more money, and b) we had a poor squad which had over spent on largely rubbish with only  Alonso, Kante and Rudiger of the many Conte era buys and all three of the Sarri era choices of Jorginho, Kepa and Pulisic getting regular games for us (and some don't even reckon on two thirds of them).

This year was an absolute free swing. Next year, different story 

Blue Rod   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This has to be the most flawed, the most wrong comment  you have ever posted on this forum. Any way you look at the Chelsea job, it's a masive massive job. Our history, out status, we are currently playing CL (some managers would give up some of their pay to manage in CL) the expectations of the fans, the money at stake,... I can go on all day. And if you think we don't have the right players, that makes the job even more massive.  

And like any club of this status, there is no write-off PL match. The idea that we should just pat ourselves on the back after that below par performance of last night, is for the birds, I'm afraid. 

Edited by Blue Rod
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

This has to be the most flawed, the most wrong comment  you have ever posted on this forum. Any way you look at the Chelsea job, it's a masive massive job. Our history, out status, we are currently playing CL (some managers would give up some of their pay to manage in CL) the expectations of the fans, the money at stake,... I can go on all day. And if you think we don't have the right players, that makes the job even more massive.  

And like any club of this status, there is no write-off PL match. The idea that we should just pat ourselves on the back after that below par performance of last night, is for the birds, I'm afraid. 

Good - generally I feel most confident about the things you disagree with me on.

In this case (most probably) you are reacting as a fan rather than thinking like a business owner. Which is valid in many respect and explains our different viewpoints.

RLC unfortunately just does not look up to it as the game completely passed him by. This was a typical performance with no risks and very safe passing. At least pre-injury he could beat a man.

Most frustrating is how static he is playing the ball and then just standing still. Cesc who was far less physically gifted was the expert at pass and move. Constantly getting to the byline and ahead of the forwards to create triangles to move forward. It pains me to say it but even Barkley looks a better alternative now. Mount streets ahead.

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby