• Current Donation Goals

2 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

RLC unfortunately just does not look up to it as the game completely passed him by.

Looks pretty fit though.

I'll raise this again because no one has reacted before  - does anyone else think his has lengthened his stride length (from pigeon steps to short) since last year?
And does anyone think this makes any difference?

3 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

RLC unfortunately just does not look up to it as the game completely passed him by. This was a typical performance, no risks, very safe passing but the most frustrating is him playing the ball and just standing still ambling around. Cesc who was far less physically gifted was the expert at pass and move. Constantly getting to the byline and ahead of the forwards to create triangles to move forward. It pains me to say it but even Barkley looks a better alternative now. Mount streets ahead.

I'm not a Barkley fan but he played well when he came on. He's put in some good displays recently, with Everton the stand-out. I agree with what you wrote about RLC and Fabregas. And Mount's energy and intelligence make him a far better bet for our midfield.

11 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

RLC unfortunately just does not look up to it as the game completely passed him by. This was a typical performance with no risks and very safe passing. At least pre-injury he could beat a man.

Perhaps cruel, but my thoughts last night were that it is time to cash in; he is still well regarded generally and the narrative remains it is Chelsea to blame when a young player fails rather than the player themselves. Now might be the time he could still command a decent fee.

But no one is going to have any money, so ...

Edited by thevelourfog

bert19   
22 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

RLC unfortunately just does not look up to it as the game completely passed him by. This was a typical performance with no risks and very safe passing. At least pre-injury he could beat a man.

Most frustrating is how static he is playing the ball and then just standing still. Cesc who was far less physically gifted was the expert at pass and move. Constantly getting to the byline and ahead of the forwards to create triangles to move forward. It pains me to say it but even Barkley looks a better alternative now. Mount streets ahead.

Have to say I agree.  I was saying to a friend after the game that I'm worried about him.  Did he get into the Norwich box at all? Looked like he was playing in a 30m square area in the middle of the pitch.  Didn't really do anything wrong, just didn't really do.... Anything.  

Barkley immediately showed more physicality and gusto when he came on.  Could have done with him, Reece and CHO ten minutes earlier. Thought all looked effective when they came on. 

7 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Perhaps cruel, but my thoughts last night were that it is time to cash in; he is still well regarded generally and the narrative remains it is Chelsea to blame when a young player fails rather than the player themselves. Now might be the time he could still command a decent fee.

He has played an awful lot of minutes over the years and all of it available on DVD.  I think any club that looks at him might change their mind quickly - especially given his wages and a contract for next 4 years.  And young Mount has had a lot of success in the same position that Kovacic Barkley and RLC all had problems with last season.

From his point of view he is at one of the few clubs which are unlikely to demand a cut in wages from players.  So making the obvious choice and moving to back to Palace or similar is going to be hard.  

No shortage of Home Grown players anymore.

Blue Rod   
30 minutes ago, bert19 said:

.. Reece and CHO ten minutes earlier. Thought all looked effective when they came on. 

Me too. I thought both did well. Got me thinking, let us not write off our young players as yet ( in response to an article that we are chasing Havertz because CHO has not developed as well as was expected) 

They reaaon they did well is that both players are naturally offensive and direct. Neither of them does the pointless sideways backwards passing that was going on all night. The game was crying out loud for us to be more direct, quicker and into their box.

Rudiger became a coach and a defender in one man. You could see from his body language and his play that he thought the ball should get upfield quickly and fast. When he wasn't playing it upfield quickly he was carrying it there as if saying; this is what we should be doing. Willian and co looked bemused more than anything.

59 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Time is running out for him. Lamps, CHO, James, Tammy ect have all benefited this year from the transfer ban and will face significantly more competition in the future. The club isn't waiting any longer we will be signing high quality players and it's sink or swim. All of these players have shown promise at some stage and the ones who survive will do so because they can raise their game to the level expected at Chelsea. The one thing none of them can complain about in the future is a lack of opportunity. 

JaneB   
2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

What a contradiction or self parody. You are s******* yourself panicking about Lampard being sacked while I am just saying it loud and clear, as I've always done,  what I think the manager (and the players) should be doing and are failing to do right now. And yet I am the bad guy for Lampard.

Don't worry about Lampard being sacked. Just think; what does he have to do to keep his job?. If he can't do it, and he is sacked, then you can always find some reason in the decision. If you think he's doing everything he can, then just chill and ignore everybody else's opinions.

FL has taken on a massive job at a massive club. Whether you choose to sing and dance and celebrate the performances of 5 months ago, it makes no difference to the reality of  the job. 

Yesterday we played a lot of nonsense considering the players we have. The players are not performing to their best, nor is the manager proving himself. If you find that too hard to take, grab yourself a bottle of rum. 

Some may think I'm being petty but it's the thin end of the wedge.

A few swear words have been creeping in recently and it's not necessary.  But if you must, use the *********'s

5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

No, I asked if you'd seen anyone say Lampard should go. I also said I didn't count 'comedy' posters.

Part of his narrative is that he really wants Lampard to be sacked, hence the slating of everything that the team does on the pitch. Check his posts. 

I wouldn't call him a comedy poster as such. Sometimes he has a good point or two but he loves to over egg a pudding. 

We won last night though....I know we weren't easy on the eye (who cares at this stage) but this is the type of reaction...do you see where I'm coming from?

Blue Rod   
29 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Some may think I'm being petty but it's the thin end of the wedge.

A few swear words have been creeping in recently and it's not necessary.  But if you must, use the *********'s

Point taken, and thanks.

S***ting oneself is a common metaphor for worrying over something. It is not a literal use, not in this context. Some may say it is more casual and less demeaning than "panic",