• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

But it becomes a massive job at a massive club next season.
The question is not has Frank grown, but has the club grown faster.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

This year was an absolute free swing. Next year, different story 

Agree with both of you here. I think quite a few at the start of the season (including the powers that be) would have been quite happy with 6 or 7th place , maybe a cup run, maybe get out of CL group. That would have been my hope and expectation with transfer restrictions etc.  That is why FL will keep his job and deserves to....not because his name is Frank Lampard. 

Next season we will all want better football on a more consistent basis, less squeaky bum moments like last night, progression into latter rounds of CL and a far better points total than this year in PL.   FL will have had his transfers, he will have decided who comes and who goes and there will be no excuses. I'd like to think he's up to it but if he's not then he'll know what will happen.

This is a tense end to season because we have done well not because we have done badly. CL next season with new signings will be wonderful.  

JaneB   
15 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Point taken, and thanks.

S***ting oneself is a common metaphor for worrying over something. It is not a literal use, not in this context. Some may say it is more casual and less demeaning than "panic",

👍🏻

35 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Agree with both of you here. I think quite a few at the start of the season (including the powers that be) would have been quite happy with 6 or 7th place , maybe a cup run, maybe get out of CL group. That would have been my hope and expectation with transfer restrictions etc.  That is why FL will keep his job and deserves to....not because his name is Frank Lampard. 

Next season we will all want better football on a more consistent basis, less squeaky bum moments like last night, progression into latter rounds of CL and a far better points total than this year in PL.   FL will have had his transfers, he will have decided who comes and who goes and there will be no excuses. I'd like to think he's up to it but if he's not then he'll know what will happen.

Perfect example - Mr Di Matteo

GURJ SS   
15 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Not for me.

Pulisic and Willian both better than Kalou. Pedro too.

Still walks into the side, Pulisic, Willian and Pedro would all be playing if we picked our best players all the time. But because of the way Lamps sets up with the future in mind, Kalou walks in ahead of the rest. Personally I think Kalou would make the starting lineup.

3 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Still walks into the side, Pulisic, Willian and Pedro would all be playing if we picked our best players all the time. But because of the way Lamps sets up with the future in mind, Kalou walks in ahead of the rest. Personally I think Kalou would make the starting lineup.

At least he scored goals 

GURJ SS   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ahead of Willian or Pulisic?  Or even CHO?
Sorry Kalou was always a poor player in a magnificent team.  He had some determination and was disciplined.  But technically he was poor, physically he was weak.  Chelsea's version of Djimi Traore.

He still walks into the starting line-up at the very least, he's miles better than CHO. Pulisic is a quality player but the 2010 Kalou would probably be on the left, with Willian on the right and Pulisic through the middle, or a combination of some sort. We already don't play our strongest lineup, that is Jorge, Kante Kova/Pedro, Pulisic, Willian, Giroud. Kalou beats every young player we've got apart from Pulisic, he'd make the starting line up under Lamp's view of playing youngsters.

Also Kalou had competition ahead of him that would bury most of our current young players back into the reserves.

Edited by GURJ SS

24 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Perfect example - Mr Di Matteo

It does depend a bit on whose available to take Lampards place. Its not impossible he could be sacked after getting top 4 with no transfers, but if you were a betting man how much would you stake on that. They were going to give Sarri another crack of the whip. 

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Point taken, and thanks.

S***ting oneself is a common metaphor for worrying over something. It is not a literal use, not in this context. Some may say it is more casual and less demeaning than "panic",

Don't be scared - Jane is quite nice once you get to know her.

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Don't be scared - Jane is quite nice once you get to know her.

Presumably you are too Droy? 😉

paulw66   
31 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

No chance. 

Pulisic on the left, Willy on the right. 

I don't really understand your argument. You say Pulisic, Willian and Pedro would be playing, but Kalou walks into the side........where?