• Current Donation Goals

15 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Frank seems to be willing to give him a shot after a good preseason and that's a reasonable approach IMO. The achilles tear is a very difficult injury for athletes to recuperate from and I feel that the club doctors would be guiding SFL on what to reasonably expect from Loftus-Cheek.

RLC looks like he is out of form rather than being physically below par IMO. I would persist with him and give him a pre-season as well. 

He has just had a 6+ month pre-season.
Modern surgery means he was as well as he was ever going to be before Christmas.  
Any more apologizing for RLC and his career will be over before it has yet begun.  What he needs to do more than anything is to find a level he can impact games at*.  It doesn't appear to be our level, he needs to step down (like Bertrand or Josh McEachran did finally) and then find out if he can step back up later.

* big long contract makes this hard for him - one of the drawbacks of the Academy program is that clubs commit to contracts they would never have considered for a bought in player.

JaneB   
56 minutes ago, Never happy said:

I know 99% of people on here love Frank, BUT Roman won't be scared to fire him, even if we get top 4.

Remember if we spend big (and it's looking like we will), if Roman thinks there's another coach out there, who he believes will do a better job, with the set of players we will have next season, he won't hesitate to dump Frank.

Its his club, and he hires and fires managers as has been shown before, Carlo won the double, Di Matteo CL, Jose 3 PL, etc....

And there's a coach out there who a lot of people rate who won't be unemployed for much longer, sentiment won't come in to it, step forward Mauricio Pochettino,

Jeez, like a broken record :-(

Unfortunately it’s a long player too, Jane. Poch won’t come to Chelsea. Far too bright for that. Maybe Leicester, though, if they fail at the last hurdle.

• Like 1

Stim   
6 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Poch won’t come to Chelsea. Far too bright for that.

Seem's like an oxymoron to me. Whats the downside to here? The spurs fans feelings get hurt?

A pay day, an on the up team and if it doesn't go well a big payout. Would be an idiot not to.

Well except maybe the fans not liking him if he replaces Lamps.

23 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Jeez, like a broken record :-(

Lampard shouldn't be given a free pass just because you love him and he's a ex player, I thought the club was called Chelsea not Lampard fc

Ham   

Wolves one up.

• Sad 1

Ham   

If you're ever looking for a good drinking game, have a drink every time Dion Dublin says "cultured".

Plus he NEVER shuts up. 

Edited by Ham

Ham   

Yes!!! Equaliser!!!! 

🙂

Thank you Burnley

• Like 2

paulw66   
10 hours ago, Ham said:

I hope you're right.

Part 1 (point 2) sorted