• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   

6th minute of injury time, unbelievable!!!

Well that’s one less to worry about 🙏🏻

Ham   
Just now, paulw66 said:

Part 1 (point 2) sorted 

Happy to have been proven wrong. 

And then there were three. 

Bloody hell. I was watching that game until Jimenez scored and then turned it off in a huff. First Southampton equalise in the 96th minute, now Burnley. That's big, as they won't be able to leapfrog us with a win on the last day. 

Now here's hoping Sheffield United and Spurs can get something against Leicester (and Palace/West Ham for United but I'm less confident about that).

Edited by Bridge Soldier

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Happy to have been proven wrong. 

And then there were three. 

Yes, three harder bits.

The 96th minute has been kind this week

chara   

Checked score..on BBC and it was 1-0 and 4 minutes of added time...oh well thought I....and then checking back here on "opinions"..huh!.....strange season.

Still not convinced not in top four will be such a disaster...a rebuilding phase ahead and no chance of reaching late stages of ECL....Ropey games would be good for euro experience..stay calm!!!

23 hours ago, Rob B said:

Mate, lighten up for Christ’s sake!! 

There are literally only two teams that are better than us in the whole country currently.  Our manager and number two are undergoing their first seasons in the PL, we haven’t brought anyone in for the past two transfer windows, having lost our best player and talisman last summer.

Admittedly we’re not at our best currently, but we have put 4 past Everton, Ajax, Burnley and Southampton this season, and 5 past Wolves; and we’ve also beaten Spurs twice, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Leicester. 

So many teams would kill to be in our position.

Blue Rod is the definition of a “glass half empty” type unless our manager is Fat Rafa Benitez. Then he’s all over the place fawning over the manager. All other managers has gotten ****, most undeservedly so. 

23 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Someone actually asked me today if I was exaggerating about the presence of an over negative mindset on this forum. Ladies and gentlemen I give you Blue Rod. Miserable as fuuuk when we have the temerity to win a must win game which puts us in pole position for top 3/4 place.

On 7/15/2020 at 7:45 PM, Ham said:

If you're ever looking for a good drinking game, have a drink every time Dion Dublin says "cultured".

Plus he NEVER shuts up. 

And then Mrs N always watches that bloody Homes Under The Hammer ...and guess whose boat race bloody well pops up all the time ( and he knows bugger all about the property game). One of these days I expect to find him in my kitchen cooking dinner when I get home! 

On 7/15/2020 at 10:50 PM, chara said:

Checked score..on BBC and it was 1-0 and 4 minutes of added time...oh well thought I....and then checking back here on "opinions"..huh!.....strange season.

Still not convinced not in top four will be such a disaster...a rebuilding phase ahead and no chance of reaching late stages of ECL....Ropey games would be good for euro experience..stay calm!!!

PLEASE....Not that wretched Ropey League Chara!! I can't bloody bear it. I'm hoping to see one or two games next season ( as covid 19 has put paid to all gigs and day job till probably xmas) and I'm hoping not to watch us play the likes of FC Lotzofshiten from the Bulgarian Arsevipen league on a chilly west London night. 

...and what a jammy result tonight! At this rate I'm thinking of having a crafty fiver on us scoring 3 injury time goals against BM. And I see the Dippers lost there unbeaten home record tonight ...shame...( and do WE really have to give them a bit of clap as they come onto the pitch...BORING!). 

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He has just had a 6+ month pre-season.
Modern surgery means he was as well as he was ever going to be before Christmas.  
Any more apologizing for RLC and his career will be over before it has yet begun.  What he needs to do more than anything is to find a level he can impact games at*.  It doesn't appear to be our level, he needs to step down (like Bertrand or Josh McEachran did finally) and then find out if he can step back up later.

* big long contract makes this hard for him - one of the drawbacks of the Academy program is that clubs commit to contracts they would never have considered for a bought in player.

Not apologizing for RLC at all. Its still a major injury. In the NBA for example where the industry is far more player-centric I would say you would notice that Kevin Durant for instance has opted to take more than a year out. Its not because he wants to. He is being guided medically. Football is a sport that involves a lot of running, jumping and explosive changing of direction by players and it will affect the player's game - it will definitely affect their confidence to do these things. 

I'm fair on RLC. There were calls early on under Sarri for him to feature and I felt he wasn't doing enough (and said so) and I regularly criticised him for ghosting in and out of games out on loan, but there is no denying the guy is an excellent player on a technical level, and gifted physically as well.

There is literally no reason why he shouldn't be a good player to at least have in the squad next year. The point still stands that there are a few other players who could be moved on to bring in revenue if we are discussing this strictly from a financial perspective as well.

Even Callum Hudson-Odoi I could understand if the club wanted to cash in as he doesn't look like he is capable of competing with the likes of Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech and maybe Willian next year for regular game time. But RLC - the talent is there.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

Ham   
8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

And then Mrs N always watches that bloody Homes Under The Hammer ...and guess whose boat race bloody well pops up all the time ( and he knows bugger all about the property game). One of these days I expect to find him in my kitchen cooking dinner when I get home! 

He drove me mad.  You can add crowd noise but you can't mute the co-commentator only.