• Current Donation Goals

On 7/13/2020 at 9:54 AM, paulw66 said:

Because we wouldn't have got it overturned. City have connections in high places with those Qatari owners. 

Possibly that was a risk but they would then have to lump us in with whatever punishment city got which is now £8 mill ( down from £25 mill). Id take it. 

On 7/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, Mark Kelly said:

nope , totally believable . 

We were mugs to take the year ban on transfers and not fight it sooner.

But as usual we pull our pants down , bend over and asked for the spanking not to last too long. Being attacked by our legal team must be like being savaged by dead sheep.

Edited by NoblyBobly

Let's just get on with it. Better to qualify by finishing top four rather than on a technicality anyway. We can finish above Leicester and Wolves. Leicester have United, Spurs and Sheffield United and will probably be without their best centre back (and right back). 

3 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Let's just get on with it. Better to qualify by finishing top four rather than on a technicality anyway. We can finish above Leicester and Wolves. Leicester have United, Spurs and Sheffield United and will probably be without their best centre back (and right back). 

And lets be honest , if we need to beat Wolves in the last game and don't then we'll only have ourselves to blame , providing the PGMOL don't have us over again.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

And lets be honest , if we need to beat Wolves in the last game and don't then we'll only have ourselves to blame , providing the PGMOL don't have us over again.

Absolutely.

Beat Norwich and avoid defeat to Wolves I think is enough

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Since 2014 the Net Spend was about £109m according to transfermarkt.

Yes, though we have spent a lot on wages and I don't believe the money received column. The sale numbers no longer get broken down in our accounts.  Not sure how AM works, but I'd be hugely surprised if the fees for Costa and Morata (or the reported £113.4m last year for Joao Felix) are supported by official statements.

But we are spending this summer.  We are bringing some big names into our stables and need to decide whether we will let the stable lad ride the horses next year or bring in a Lester Piggott. 

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes, though we have spent a lot on wages and I don't believe the money received column. The sale numbers no longer get broken down in our accounts.  Not sure how AM works, but I'd be hugely surprised if the fees for Costa and Morata (or the reported £113.4m last year for Joao Felix) are supported by official statements.

But we are spending this summer.  We are bringing some big names into our stables and need to decide whether we will let the stable lad ride the horses next year or bring in a Lester Piggott. 

I am not saying you are wrong, but what I don't understand is why you believe one column and not the other.

It would make more sense to say one believes both or neither. 

On 7/13/2020 at 10:14 AM, Mark Kelly said:

More likely we will finish 4th only for UEFA to find that in 2015 we signed a 14 year old who didn't quite sign his name with the right biro and so we gonna be banned from next years CL. 

bert19   
30 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Yes. This. 

It's in our hands.  Win convincingly tomorrow night, open up a four point gap over Leicester and put them under pressure.  If we win our games, we don't need any help to qualify.  Leicester have three hard games, they can get on with that. 

We need to concentrate on our own performances.  Starting with a win tomorrow night.  Bournemouth handed us a real gift last night, if we turn it down by failing to beat an already-relegated team, then the Champions League really isn't the competition for us anyway. 

Diddymen   

I don't think tomorrow is going to be as easy as people are suggesting. We barely roll teams over and Norwich still have pride to play for. In addition, weve been playing crap lately