• Current Donation Goals

3 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I don't think tomorrow is going to be as easy as people are suggesting. We barely roll teams over and Norwich still have pride to play for. In addition, we've been playing crap lately

If we can't beat a Norwich side , already relegated with no partisan crowd behind them influencing the officials and we're not completely out done by VAR or the PGMOL underhand tactics then as far as I am concerned Frank should offer his resignation and the entire first team squad should be sold (except for Pulisic as they're already expecting him to do everything for them like Hazard had to anyway.)

• Like 2

Agree with the last few posts. If we can’t finish 4th, we don’t deserve a place in the CL and it would be pointless entering it anyway.

Diddymen   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

If we can't beat a Norwich side , already relegated with no partisan crowd behind them influencing the officials and we're not completely out done by VAR or the PGMOL underhand tactics then as far as I am concerned Frank should offer his resignation and the entire first team squad should be sold (except for Pulisic as they're already expecting him to do everything for them like Hazard had to anyway.)

Agreed. But we did lose to Bournemouth (at home) and West Ham, and just about beat Crystal Palace

On 7/12/2020 at 10:54 AM, Chrisb said:

No pressure on Norwich now they’ve been officially relegated so expect them to play without fear. Could be tricky with our current up and down form.

Yes my thoughts exactly, I'm expecting a yo yo 3-2 win (or a 3-3) having been 0-1 and 1-2  after getting caught on the break after 15 minutes of pressure without scoring

bert19   
32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Truth is that our players should be REALLY fired up after Saturday's non-performance and spanking, the Bournemouth result last night and the City verdict this morning.  

If we don't win, I don't want to hear excuses or complaining from players or fans.  The Europa League will be what we deserve.  And if we do win, I do want to see one or two of the 'bigger' players in the squad moved on anyway.  I know we'll look to sell some of the fringe players like Batshuayi and Emerson, but there should be a few others there at real risk of being pushed out of the door.  Some of them have had more than enough chances now (I'm looking in your direction Toni Rudiger....)

Several members of the team have categorically failed to step up at important times this season (and before).  Only so many chances they should get.  

Edited by bert19

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I am not saying you are wrong, but what I don't understand is why you believe one column and not the other.

It would make more sense to say one believes both or neither. 

Sure - it is right to suspect both columns.  One judges on 2 bases.  Whether the presumed prices by transfrmkt or whoever match reasonable guesses, and whether there is some later evidence from official reports and accounts.  The fees for Morata, Costa and 1 year on his contract Hazard all seem pretty high.  We never got a full break down of transfers though once upon a time we got a total buy and total sale number.  Nowadays the sales aren't even included in the P&L net total so we can't even use that to make a guess.

It makes sense to suspect the sales even more than the buys.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I suspect that Frank may have received a call at 9:40 from Marina explaining the importance of being in the top 4 with the safety net of 5th being taken away.

"You don't spend 90 million on players for the Europa League

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

bring in a Lester Piggott. 

Championing the return of Jose for a third time? "He will probably be available in the summer"

13 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Championing the return of Jose for a third time? "He will probably be available in the summer"

A Lester Piggott.  We have had 5 so far.  JM mk1, Scolari, CA, JM mk2 and Conte.
4 of them won the title - 3 of them in their first season (and JM Mk2 got 80+ points in his first season).
The other got thrown off by the horses when they realised he wasn't up to the task.

But not Klopp apparently - just extended his contract.

I haven't even seen the Sheffield game ( family barbeque) and I'm not sure I need too...got the gist from the thread but obviously SU are a half decent side. Norwich are not. A convincing thrashing and we are back on track for 4th. Anything less and I'm going to chew my own arm off. Any suggestions for our two CBS?