• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

Might as well be optimistic - a loss for Wolves tonight would be a relief, and Burnley might just pull a ginger rabbit out of the hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bert19 said:

We really need to buck our ideas up and quickly.  Feels like we're in a real slump (despite the win last night).

I wonder if the legs have just gone. We have plenty of other issues, but the midfield has disappeared in the last three games. This season and the break may finally have caught up with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I wonder if the legs have just gone. We have plenty of other issues, but the midfield has disappeared in the last three games. This season and the break may finally have caught up with us.

Possibly. But given the injuries just before the lockdown, you’d have thought the rest there was very well-timed. 
Kovacic and Kante being injured certainly hasn’t helped. I’m certain of that.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kratos   
5 hours ago, blue moon said:

Might as well be optimistic - a loss for Wolves tonight would be a relief, and Burnley might just pull a ginger rabbit out of the hat.

That they did albeit under controversial circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a relief. And pool didn’t get to replace “the invincibles”. Really hope fate goes bonkers and we beat them next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sciatika said:

If we get at least a draw, they can't beat the record number of points in a season. It's a small thing, I know.

I don’t think they can get to 100 points now. I only caught bits of the Arsenal game tonight but heard Souness say at half time that Liverpool were taking it fairly easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I don’t think they can get to 100 points now. I only caught bits of the Arsenal game tonight but heard Souness say at half time that Liverpool were taking it fairly easy.

99 max.
Exhausted probably - they generally are extremely motivated.  I'm hoping we can merge this thread with another come next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a good record of late at anfield, pool will be getting their trophy after the game, they've lost all the records, and are on the beach.

I think we will get at least a draw, if franks positive.

one thing though, since players who haven't scored seem to come good against us,

Bobby Firminio hasn't scored a goal all season at anfield, almost written in stone that he will get a goal against the team who keep giving

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
10 hours ago, blue moon said:

What a relief. And pool didn’t get to replace “the invincibles”. Really hope fate goes bonkers and we beat them next week.

They have lost 3 games........the invincible tag went before lockdown 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
35 minutes ago, Never happy said:

We have a good record of late at anfield, pool will be getting their trophy after the game, they've lost all the records, and are on the beach.

I think we will get at least a draw, if franks positive.

one thing though, since players who haven't scored seem to come good against us,

Bobby Firminio hasn't scored a goal all season at anfield, almost written in stone that he will get a goal against the team who keep giving

I think motivation, or lack of it, could be key here.

Weve seen it ourselves previously that when there is nothing to play for, performance can drop 5% and that's all it takes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.