• Current Donation Goals

The performance against City is the blueprint. Stylistically this might be a good game for us as we can cede possession for the most part with Liverpool probably happy to play open. The best way to play against us would be to let us have the ball deep in our half and spring a press as soon as we try to advance into midfield. Often we get stuck playing it between the back 5 and if they time their attack, fast forwards can really hurt us. 

Usually Liverpool would be perfectly suited to this especially with their lightning quick strikers on the break however I can't see them putting in a disciplined tactical display. Since the title has been won their defence hasn't looked quite the same. They of course could still kill us with their forwards but I do think if we play this right we have a big chance of at least a point. 

Currently with GD and both our rivals still to play we need 4 points to mathematically guarentee top 4. Leicester's next 2 games don't look easy either. We know first hand how difficult Sheffield United are to play and Spurs are looking a bit better of late. Last up they play Man United who I expect will win their remaining games. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

paulw66   
Just now, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Currently with GD and both our rivals still to play we need 4 points to mathematically guarentee top 4. Leicester's next 2 games don't look easy either. We know first hand how difficult Sheffield United are to play and Spurs are looking a bit better of late. Last up they play Man United who I expect will win their remaining games. 

They would have played those 2 games by the time we kick off, so we will know a lot more about what we need to do. 

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

They would have played those 2 games by the time we kick off, so we will know a lot more about what we need to do. 

I said yesterday I think there is a chance we could finish top 4 before we next play and I stand by that.

I can genuinely see Leicester losing their next two games and with Wolves dropping points last night that would be enough for us.

I'd be amazed if we need anything more than 3 points form 2 games and hopefully we wont even need that.

6 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

The performance against City is the blueprint. Stylistically this might be a good game for us as we can cede possession for the most part with Liverpool probably happy to play open. 

In the sense that it would be good if Liverpool could also fail to turn early complete domination into anything, have their covering players spin round in circles when we break, and have a player sent off, yes. In the sense of how we approach the game ... I don't see that we were any different there to how we've been in any other game since the restart. All that was different is what the opposition did and what breaks went our way. We didn't 'cede' possesion against City; we just couldn't get it for long periods.

Midfield is key for us; we need Kante and Mount fit to be fit and starting.

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I said yesterday I think there is a chance we could finish top 4 before we next play and I stand by that.

I can genuinely see Leicester losing their next two games and with Wolves dropping points last night that would be enough for us.

I'd be amazed if we need anything more than 3 points form 2 games and hopefully we wont even need that.

Can certainly see Leicester not winning........and certainly not both 

Sciatika   

Burnley fan last night, Saints and Cherries fan at the weekend, Palace and Sheffield U tonight. I feel filthy.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

In the sense that it would be good if Liverpool could also fail to turn early complete domination into anything, have their covering players spin round in circles when we break, and have a player sent off, yes. In the sense of how we approach the game ... I don't see that we were any different there to how we've been in any other game since the restart. All that was different is what the opposition did and what breaks went our way. We didn't 'cede' possesion against City; we just couldn't get it for long periods.

Midfield is key for us; we need Kante and Mount fit to be fit and starting.

What have you been smoking? TAA should have been sent off last night, but VAR barely even looked before deciding a shin-high challenge was only a yellow. Even MotD thought it was a red.

The fact he was booked prevents any retrospective action, of course.

That's just about the only thing that hasn't gone our way this week.

Edited by Backbiter

paulw66   
44 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

What have you been smoking? TAA should have been sent off last night, but VAR barely even looked before deciding a shin-high challenge was only a yellow. Even MotD thought it was a red.

The fact he was booked prevents any retrospective action, of course.

That's just about the only thing that hasn't gone our way this week.

yes, my worry on this one is that Liverpool are getting the trophy, and Sky and co will want them to get it on the back of a nice rousing home win, where the away side get a couple of reds, and Liverpool have a penalty or two............

Leicester lead Sheffield Utd 1-0 at the moment.

if Leicester beat Sheffield Utd and Tottenham, and man Utd beat palace and West Ham, they can stitch Chelsea up by playing out a draw and both qualify on goal difference.

we have to get something at Liverpool, and beat wolves...

Leo91   

Of course Sheffield turn to absolute muck after playing us.