• Current Donation Goals

Rob B   

In terms of one positive last night, I really liked Hudson-Odoi finding space and breaking the defensive lines in a way that Willian has never done for us.  

This isn't a Willian hate post, as there are things he is genuinely world class at in his position, but his movement behind defenders has never been one of them, which is partly why he doesn't get enough goals and assists.  

But I thought Callum was running off the ball and getting into dangerous areas really well.  If Frank can get him working hard, he could form a scarily good linkup with Reece 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

The TAA free-kick (skip the bit about FFing refs and even Carra....)

There was a rehearsed plan to defend the fk,
There was a very good angle from behind Allison's goal showing just how the wall was lined up.  From that pov the wall was well to the right with Giroud in line with far post and Mount on the outside of him.  Kepa took the lh side positioned  one third of the goal-width from the LH post.  Everyone seemed happy with this and it is clear that the coaches and Kepa had a precise and agreed plan prepared for the free kick (no idea what the commentators were on about claiming he should have known what TAA could do).

I’m sorry but no, this is purely made up on your behalf. As soon as he lined up the wall I knew it was a goal. Carbon copy of his SB free-kick. 

No two ways about it. Wall was wrongly placed and Kepa as well. He (TAA) doesn’t even place it that much in the corner. To not even attempt a save says more about initial positioning then the free-kick attempt itself. 

53 minutes ago, Rob B said:

In terms of one positive last night, I really liked Hudson-Odoi finding space and breaking the defensive lines in a way that Willian has never done for us.  

This isn't a Willian hate post, as there are things he is genuinely world class at in his position, but his movement behind defenders has never been one of them, which is partly why he doesn't get enough goals and assists.  

But I thought Callum was running off the ball and getting into dangerous areas really well.  If Frank can get him working hard, he could form a scarily good linkup with Reece 

CHO performance was against a team leading by 3 goals who been on holiday and partying for the last two weeks.

Would you replace william with CHO in the starting line up for the wolves match?

Edited by RobertoftheGiz
Well Spotted DWMH

Rob B   
2 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

CHO performance was against a team leading by 3 goals and had been on holiday and partying for the last two weeks.

Would you replace william with CHO in the starting line up for the wolves match?

Leading by 3 goals against the team in third, with the best defence in the league by a mile and attained pretty much 100 points. 

I've just posted what team I would pick for Wolves, personally I'd opt for Willian, but I thought it was an interesting observation 

24 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I’m sorry but no, this is purely made up on your behalf. As soon as he lined up the wall I knew it was a goal. Carbon copy of his SB free-kick. 

No two ways about it. Wall was wrongly placed and Kepa as well. He (TAA) doesn’t even place it that much in the corner. To not even attempt a save says more about initial positioning then the free-kick attempt itself. 

Sorry that is bollox - just go back to the video.  The wall is a man and a half extended beyond a straight shot at the post.
Not like  you to abandon all attention to evidence.

24 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

CHO performance was against a team leading by 3 goals and had been on holiday and partying for the last two weeks.

Just checking - did you mean Liverpool here or CHO?

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

CHO performance was against a team leading by 3 goals who been on holiday and partying for the last two weeks.

Willian shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up for wolves, he had one good game since lockdown, and his performances have got worse game by game.

Give odi a chance if not it should be Pedro.

52 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Willian shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up for wolves, he had one good game since lockdown, and his performances have got worse game by game.

REally - I've counted 7 or 8.

Jasonb   

Personally I would start with Pulisic on the left and Mount on the right behind Giroud, have Willian on the bench in case we are desperate. 

Blue Rod   
6 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Without a doubt. Willian has done nothing creative for over a year. He stepped up and scored a penalty and a free kick recently, and that was it. 

Depending on how you look at it, a team is harder to break down when (and if) they choose to defend their lead than when they are going out looking for their first goal. So the argument that Loverpool were easier by the time CHO came on can be challenged. In any case, Willian and Mount barely scratched their defence minutes before they were replaced. 

Blue Rod   
3 hours ago, Never happy said:

Give odi a chance if not it should be Pedro.

I wouldn't even put him on the bench. He is so clearly refusing to perform.