• Current Donation Goals

6 hours ago, chelboy said:

Think Willian has done ok since the restart. He has dropped since the Palace game. I would rotate him anyway for these last two games. 

I wonder which two players everyone would choose between Pulisic, Mount and Willian for these last two games? For me it’s Mount and Pulisic all day long. 

All three of them for me.

Strange time to be experimenting, having Mount or Pulisic play on the right for the first time this season.

Edited by Martin1905

chelboy   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

All three of them for me.

Strange time to be experimenting, having Mount or Pulisic play on the right for the first time this season.

True, but considering the formation only 2 of 3 would start unless Mount drops back into the pivot which I can’t see happening. I don’t see us changing system either as the next two teams play 343. 

paulw66   
11 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Strange thing opinions,  I think Willian has been one of our best players since the restart.

I'd be absolutely amazed if he doesn't start against Wolves, I'd bet my house that he does.

I think the penalties can provide a false representation.

10 hours ago, Ham said:

He's done a lot of okay things but largely been frustrating. 

The penalties (won by Pulisic) have masked how average he has been.  

Yup.....If someone else was on penalties, we'd be talking about a forward who hasn't scored in open play since the restart. 

His biggest problem, since the day he signed, has been not enough goals for a forward player from open play. 

22 minutes ago, chelboy said:

True, but considering the formation only 2 of 3 would start unless Mount drops back into the pivot which I can’t see happening. I don’t see us changing system either as the next two teams play 343. 

Yeah, I'm assuming most are assuming we wont change formation but we've chopped and changed so much this season I have no idea how we will line up, even if it is against two teams that play 343, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 433.

In some games having the extra defender has helped, in others it's made no difference. 

Personally with how big these two games are I'd want us to pick our best players and Willian, Mount and Pulisic are three of our best. Pulisic has to play so either Willian is dropped and either Mount or Pulisic is played out of position  or Mount is dropped and he is the key to our press higher up the pitch.

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think the penalties can provide a false representation.

Yup.....If someone else was on penalties, we'd be talking about a forward who hasn't scored in open play since the restart. 

His biggest problem, since the day he signed, has been not enough goals for a forward player from open play. 

Yeah, not for me. I dont think he's been good because he's scored a few penalties, I think he's been good because of how he's played.

I know he hasnt scored from open play and he doesnt score enough in general but after all this time with him being here I think we are all aware that Willian isn't about goals.

29 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Yeah, not for me. I dont think he's been good because he's scored a few penalties, I think he's been good because of how he's played.

I know he hasnt scored from open play and he doesnt score enough in general but after all this time with him being here I think we are all aware that Willian isn't about goals.

No. 

He's about 

To join Arsenal. 

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

He isn't about goals, that is for sure. He is neither creating nor scoring them (unless you count the odd penalty) One may ask what he is about as a forward. Nice to employ a driver who isn't about driving then. 

What annoys me most about Willian is that he is not even trying to do the elementary things. I don't care if he turns into a Pele at Arsenal. I think we can get a twice as effective young player on his wage.

If we give him 3 more years he'd magically start playing again, taking on defenders, putting in decent crosses, shooting from the edge of the box (which he strangely hasn't done for months). But that would only last a few months. That is how Willian has beem throughout his Chelsea career. He must go. 

Edited by Blue Rod

55 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

No. 

He's about 

To join Arsenal. 

Rather Jose signs him on a 3 year contract. so the spuds next manager "probably in December" has an over 30 approaching his sell by date player in his 1st team squad for the next 3 years

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Rather Jose signs him on a 3 year contract. so the spuds next manager "probably in December" has an over 30 approaching his sell by date player in his 1st team squad for the next 3 years

By the time 2020/21 season starts, he will be 32. 

Personally I think a 3 year deal would be bonkers. He's not going to get any better at this stage. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

From 30 yards even I could shot over the wall and still hit the goal. Your observation would be relevant if the ball was closer to the goal. 

How many times out of a hundredcould you bend it round 1 and a half players and get it inside the post?
Think is even TAA gets that shot right 5 or 6 times out of a hundred.  Probably less.  But hey you decided he would score before the free kick...