• Current Donation Goals

Ham   

Arsenal fans I know despair of the retirement home agreement we have.  

1 hour ago, Tammy's right foot said:

All fairly deep CMs/DMs.  Dribbling past the sliding tackles of AMs whose risk/reward means they are happy with a 1 in 20 rate and lose little if beaten.
Taking on a FB one on one or with cover is a different kettle of fish.  Kovacic almost never tries that.

Not that he should, more than admirable deputy for Jorginho or Kante.

BTW, imagine a winger with 75% dribble success rate.  He'd be a world beater.
Messi has 70% in CL and 69% in La Liga.

Rice has 76% in prem
John Obi Mikel has 87% this season and he is 33.

(But it is a good stat - I can see the logic of how it is calculated and the Whoscored data is up there for anyone to look at).

Ham   
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

All fairly deep CMs/DMs.  Dribbling past the sliding tackles of AMs whose risk/reward means they are happy with a 1 in 20 rate and lose little if beaten.
Taking on a FB one on one or with cover is a different kettle of fish.  Kovacic almost never tries that.

Not that he should, more than admirable deputy for Jorginho or Kante.

Rice has 76% in prem

(But it is a good stat - I can see the logic of how it is calculated and the Whoscored data is up there for anyone to look at).

Yawn.  We get it.  You refuse to acknowledge what a brilliant player he is. 

Most Chelsea fans' player of the year BTW.

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

Funny thing is that at the start of the season this forum was full of people saying what a great attacking force Kovacic was, and that the dribbling stats and his renewed form were all because Frank had recognized his importance and backed him to get forward.  Which was rather odd because Sarri regularly asked him to play that No 8 role which he couldn't, and ultimately both Barkley and RLC were being picked ahead of him.  And Frank has almost never asked him to play that role and used him where he is most effective in the Kante or Jorginho roles, winning the ball and keeping hold of it but not as a cutting edge.

But by the latter part of the season almost the whole site had recognised his real strengths in a CM2 and recently there have been plenty of comments about his attacking limitations.
I'd like to take credit for that, but I think Kovacic's  CM/DM performances have done it.

If you think Kovacic is brilliant rather than solid and reliable I think you are now in a minority.

Ham   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Funny thing is that at the start of the season this forum was full of people saying what a great attacking force Kovacic was, and that the dribbling stats and his renewed form were all because Frank had recognized his importance and backed him to get forward.  Which was rather odd because Sarri regularly asked him to play that No 8 role which he couldn't, and ultimately both Barkley and RLC were being picked ahead of him.  And Frank has almost never asked him to play that role and used him where he is most effective in the Kante or Jorginho roles, winning the ball and keeping hold of it but not as a cutting edge.

But by the latter part of the season almost the whole site had recognised his real strengths in a CM2 and recently there have been plenty of comments about his attacking limitations.
I'd like to take credit for that, but I think Kovacic's  CM/DM performances have done it.

If you think Kovacic is brilliant rather than solid and reliable I think you are now in a minority.

All of that to say you think he's solid and reliable rather than brilliant? What an absolute waste of time..... Unless you're insanely anal.  

• Haha 1

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Rice has 76% in prem

So, Obi Mikel is a better dribbler than Lionel Messi. Next; Kepa has more save percentage than Petr Cech. 

Who said computers were no good at making jokes. 

Edited by Blue Rod

17 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

So, Obi Mikel is a better dribbler than Lionel Messi. Next; Kepa has more save percentage than Petr Cech. 

Who said computers were no good at making jokes. 

Doh no the message is it is easier to make successful dribbles at DM than at RW.  I know you hadn't thought of it before.

8 hours ago, Ham said:

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Could be interesting to see the results of CFCnet Player of the Year then... https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YPPMSXF

Ham   
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Could be interesting to see the results of CFCnet Player of the Year then... https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YPPMSXF

Yes it will be interesting although my comment was more focused on wider social media including Chelsea Facebook groups and polls on Twitter.  

I expect him to be first or second on here.