• Current Donation Goals

21 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yes it will be interesting although my comment was more focused on wider social media including Chelsea Facebook groups and polls on Twitter.  

I expect him to be first or second on here. 

As you say he is widely regarded by most fans on social media to be our player of the season.

He will almost certainly win the clubs player of the year.

I've spoken time and again how good I think he is, from before we even signed him, through all the grief he got under Sarri when an awful lot of fans didn't even want us to sign him permanently and its nice to see him get the recognition he deserves.

He is a quality footballer, simple as that. 

28 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

He is a quality footballer, simple as that. 

But a brilliant footballer?
I like him too.  I just don't think his contributions are in us getting goals.  How many career assists does he have?

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I like him too.  I just don't think his contributions are in us getting goals.  How many career assists does he have?

If you want to critique the goal scoring and assist record of a player I suggest you start with Willian who deserves scrutiny more than any other player considering where he plays. 

Kovacic is a brilliant footballer and has been excellent this season, not my personal player of the season but a vital cog and I expect one of the first names on Frank's team sheet. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Umm - arrogant champions assists from midfield this season

Henderson dippers top midfielder with assist 5 Vs Kovacic 3

Midfield Total Assists: Dippers 15 Chelsea 20

seems to be doing OK as a person and collective this season, not sure the career spin is about

1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Well, 35, according to https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mateo-kovacic/leistungsdaten/spieler/51471/plus/0?saison=ges, or 24 according to https://statbunker.com/players/getPlayerStats?player_id=37017. So a good question. How many career assists does he have?

Difference being 11 in Croatia.  

Plenty of support for Kovacic the solid reliable CM here, including from me.
I don't see much support of the great attacking player .  We all seem to agree,

25 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

from one of the liverpool players?

I read it was Lallana

Blue Rod   
16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Doh no the message is it is easier to make successful dribbles at DM than at RW.  I know you hadn't thought of it before.

Of what use is this kind of statistics? We know that Kepa misses the target less often than Giroud, as Kepa never shoots at goal.  Do we need such useless ststistics from a computer? 

2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Of what use is this kind of statistics? We know that Kepa misses the target less often than Giroud, as Kepa never shoots at goal.  Do we need such useless ststistics from a computer? 

No - you are right - your convictions on who is crap outweigh all evidence.
You only need to worry about statistics in the unlikely event that you want someone else to share your opinion.

• Like 1