• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

But we can certainly go into that game a little more relaxed. The tension was going to be unbearable. 

Yes, the pressure is off somewhat 

Was confident for the United game but not quite as confident for this one.

For starters, they are definitely more rested than us. Then there is the small issue that the game is at Anfield.

Plus we have missed opportunities throughout the season to get comfortable - so why should we get comfortable now? 

I would stick with 5 at the back. We go 4-3-3 and its gona be very tough.

Jasonb   
4 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

For starters, they are definitely more rested than us. Then there is the small issue that the game is at Anfield.

Plus we have missed opportunities throughout the season to get comfortable - so why should we get comfortable now? 

I would be tempted to play with 5 too, though unlike Utd Liverpool should press more.

I think we will revert to 4 at the back.

paulw66   
6 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Does that make a huge difference right now?

Win and top 4 is done... which makes me nervous! I really don't fancy going into the final game vs Wolves having to win! If we play this in the same way we played yesterday, then I'm confident of at least a draw.

After the game vs Man U, Frank has some interesting decisions to make - stick with the formation or change and Pulisic in for Mount or not?

Personally, I'd stay with the same formation, it seemed to suit every single one of our players and could really help pin back Robertson and TAA a bit. As for Mount vs Pulisic, that is a tough one - I'd probably give the edge to Mount, with Pulisic off the bench, but that is not an easy call.

bert19   
29 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Win and top 4 is done... which makes me nervous! I really don't fancy going into the final game vs Wolves having to win! If we play this in the same way we played yesterday, then I'm confident of at least a draw.

After the game vs Man U, Frank has some interesting decisions to make - stick with the formation or change and Pulisic in for Mount or not?

Personally, I'd stay with the same formation, it seemed to suit every single one of our players and could really help pin back Robertson and TAA a bit. As for Mount vs Pulisic, that is a tough one - I'd probably give the edge to Mount, with Pulisic off the bench, but that is not an easy call.

Suppose that decision is made a bit easier if Pulisic isn't ready to start after this knock he's got. 

I'm also feeling that if possible, it might be nice not to have to use him until the Cup Final to keep him fresh.  

Would be great if we could win at Anfield and take the pressure off that last game.  I also get the impression a lot of Liverpool's fanbase wouldn't be too upset if a Chelsea win put United's CL spot at real risk in the last game of the season 

Diddymen   
47 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Suppose that decision is made a bit easier if Pulisic isn't ready to start after this knock he's got. 

I'm also feeling that if possible, it might be nice not to have to use him until the Cup Final to keep him fresh.  

Would be great if we could win at Anfield and take the pressure off that last game.  I also get the impression a lot of Liverpool's fanbase wouldn't be too upset if a Chelsea win put United's CL spot at real risk in the last game of the season 

Jurgen wouldn't be too impressed. He doesn't strike me as a manager who eases off and probably now wants a result after the loss against Arsenal

I was very happy with yesterday's result first and foremost, and then secondarily pleased with the performance; it genuinely was much better than recent games. While our results have been inconsistent, I don't generally think how we play (as in approach and application) has varied all that much whatever the final score has been, so it was nice to see an excellent result come from an excellent performance. 

I say that because I don't think a good result against Man Utd means anything for Liverpool. They are at home and they are, to be blunt, much better than us. I would suggest also they will be highly motivated; they lost last week and will not want to go into their post-match celebrations on the back of a lesser result.

I'd dearly love even just a point here, but sadly I just don't see it and think we'll have to wait until Sunday. My gut tells me we are going to make 4th without getting even one more point ... Not necessarily optimism at its purest, but I'll take it ...