• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Liverpool at Anfield, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:15 hrs. Wednesday, 22nd July 2020 (Local time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Sciatika   

If we get at least a draw, they can't beat the record number of points in a season. It's a small thing, I know.

We really need a result here. If we lose and Wovles win their two next games against Burnely and Crystal Palace they will pass us with a win in the last game. 

1 hour ago, ChelseaNorway said:

We really need a result here. If we lose and Wolves win their two next games against Burnley and Crystal Palace they will pass us with a win in the last game. 

They're playing us in the last game at the Bridge , if we lose that and lose out that's our fault entirely 

bert19   

We really need to buck our ideas up and quickly.  Feels like we're in a real slump (despite the win last night).  Play like we have been and this is a foregone conclusion results-wise. 

I suspect four points from the last two MAY be enough, but lose this one and we're toast really.  Leicester and United are well capable of playing out a draw to stuff us on the last day if put in the position to do so, thus we need to take that option off the table for them.  

Liverpool might do us a favour if it comes down to costing United a CL place (or at least jeopardising it), but it's also their last home game of the most dominant season they've ever had, so we're going to need to play really well I think.  

We've put ourselves in a tough spot.  Even draws at West Ham and/or Sheff Utd would have been huge in our current circumstances. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

We really need to buck our ideas up and quickly.  Feels like we're in a real slump (despite the win last night).  Play like we have been and this is a foregone conclusion results-wise. 

I suspect four points from the last two MAY be enough, but lose this one and we're toast really.  Leicester and United are well capable of playing out a draw to stuff us on the last day if put in the position to do so, thus we need to take that option off the table for them.  

Liverpool might do us a favour if it comes down to costing United a CL place (or at least jeopardising it), but it's also their last home game of the most dominant season they've ever had, so we're going to need to play really well I think.  

We've put ourselves in a tough spot.  Even draws at West Ham and/or Sheff Utd would have been huge in our current circumstances. 

Not at all.

You are assuming leicester beat sheffield united and spurs first, AND United beat Palace and West Ham 

I don't see Leicester winning their two. Not by any stretch. 

EDIT - if we get 4 points, it is done mathematically. If we get 3 points, the potential draw scenario at Leicester could play out 

Edited by paulw66

bert19   
8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not at all.

You are assuming leicester beat sheffield united and spurs first, AND United beat Palace and West Ham 

I don't see Leicester winning their two. Not by any stretch. 

EDIT - if we get 4 points, it is done mathematically. If we get 3 points, the potential draw scenario at Leicester could play out 

I think both of our points are based in opinion here.  I think we could be toast if we lose at Liverpool, you think Leicester will drop points.  I suppose neither is certain. 

I'm assuming worst case scenario, but I'd argue anything else is dangerous -  we could well go into that game on Wednesday night two points behind both Leicester and United with a much inferior goal difference. 

In that scenario, a win at Anfield is really the only thing that gives us an advantage at all as it means Leicester and United really both have to play to win the last game

I am of course hoping one or both drop points in the meantime, but it is just a hope.  We definitely need to take six points from our two games regardless.  

paulw66   
Just now, bert19 said:

I think both of our points are based in opinion here.  I think we could be toast if we lose at Liverpool, you think Leicester will drop points.  I suppose neither is certain. 

I'm assuming worst case scenario, but I'd argue anything else is dangerous -  we could well go into that game on Wednesday night two points behind both Leicester and United with a much inferior goal difference. 

In that scenario, a win at Anfield is really the only thing that gives us an advantage at all as it means Leicester and United really both have to play to win the last game

I am of course hoping one or both drop points in the meantime, but it is just a hope.  We definitely need to take six points from our two games regardless.  

No, we don't.

4 is enough. 

bert19   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No, we don't.

4 is enough. 

I'd still try to win though - playing for six and getting four is a lot nicer than the alternative with our defending 😳

paulw66   
1 minute ago, bert19 said:

I'd still try to win though - playing for six and getting four is a lot nicer than the alternative with our defending 😳

Alteratively, if results go our way, we could have qualified before this game kicks off. Unlikely I know.