• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00 hrs. Sunday, 26th July 2020 (Local time/date) (Live on Sky Sports Football)

Leo91   

Match Leicesters result basically. Gonna be a close one. 

Jasonb   

Think we need to go for the win, trying to play for a draw can be dangerous.

I think we will go 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Expect to win though this being Chelsea nothing is taken for granted and Wolves are capable of springing surprises.

chelboy   

I really hope we don’t change the system. The system wasn’t the problem yesterday. We need to match Wolves formation. Some players look a bit tired. I would go

Cab

Christensen Zouma Ruidger

Azpi      James        Kova     Alonso

Mount Giroud  Pulisic

Midfield has to protect transitions against the obvious danger man that is Traore. If we don’t do tactical fouls on this guy I can see us being ripped apart. With this 11 I think we are well balanced overall and shouldn’t be outplayed. 

Is this game televised anywhere?

I think we stick to 5 at the back and play conservatively; not for the draw, but also not desperate and risk-taking. 

Hopefully Pulisic can start.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I think we stick to 5 at the back and play conservatively; not for the draw, but also not desperate and risk-taking. 

You'd wheel Pulisic out on one leg at the moment.

Wonder if CHO did enough to dislodge Willian

I don't like this. Since the fixtures first came out I said to myself I want the job done before this game or the Liverpool game. 

Our saving grace is that Wolves can't qualify for CL via league position which lessens their bite. 

JaneB   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky

Sky appear to be showing different matches live on various of their channels.  And then they do that thing of cutting to another match when a goal gets scored.

Squeaky b** time.

JaneB   

Whatever you think of Kepa I don't see how Frank can play him again this season.  His confidence must be shot to pieces and in that sense I feel a bit sorry for him.  Surely our 'defence' will feel happier with Cab (or anyone else) behind them.