• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Leicester to win IMO as United have looked rubbish for the past 4 games. Have to be honest, I know we can beat Wolves, but I don't expect us to.

Its been a good year with or without the top 4. Squad needs some freshening up, and we have already made 2 top quality signings... I know if I had to compare the work SFL has done at Chelsea ( and general reasons for optimism) to the work OGS, Arteta or JM have done at their respective clubs thus far, I'm alot more optimistic about Frank going ahead.

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Thanks, missed that when I had the listings up earlier.

They've got Sammy Chung, Billy Wright, Robert Plant and Derek Doogan in the studio for a bit of a freshening up. 

• Like 1

chelboy   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Whatever you think of Kepa I don't see how Frank can play him again this season.  His confidence must be shot to pieces and in that sense I feel a bit sorry for him.  Surely our 'defence' will feel happier with Cab (or anyone else) behind them.

He has a bullseye on his back from the media who are going to be watching how he deals with every shot from now on. Also seems to have lost trust of his teammates. Just like the Morata and Bakayoko situation this nightmare needs to be put to an end by transferring him out in anyway. Feel sorry for the guy. It’s not his fault he is an average GK. Had he been bought for £20M I think he would have got less criticism and attention but someone decided he was worth £71M. Right now I think everyone would prefer Cab to be in goal, including Kepa. 

Rob B   

Caballero

Rudiger  Zouma  Azpi 

James Mount Kovacic Alonso

Willian  Tammy  Pulisic 

I would go with Willy given that Kepa's confidence is shot to pieces and there will be a huge focus on everything he does.  Plus I'm expecting Willy to play in the cup final as he has played every round until now. 

I'd swap what side of the defence Rudiger and Dave play for this one to deal with the threat of Traore.  Mount comes into centre-midfield for Jorginho for his added athleticism, and Tammy/Giroud is a toss-up IMO

Finding the emerging 'Kepa's confidence is shot' narrative odd ... As if we have any insight into that? Anyone who has made it as a pro and international football is going to have a fair resilience to press and fan stick (and received wisdom is that counts double for keepers), and chances are he isn't even aware that loads of us on the internet are dissecting the details of his game. It's confusing your own feelings ("I lack confidence in him") for his feelings ("I lack confidence in myself"). I bet he's desperate to play again.

More honest to say you think Caballero is the better keeper. I'd disagree, but it's something we can have a proper opinion on.

GURJ SS   

I'd go with...

Caba;

Dave, Zouma, Tomori;

Pedro, Jorge, Kova, Alonso;

Willian, Giroud, Pulisic;

I think we'll need calm heads in a game like this, but also the ability to break Wolves down safely without being caught out on the counter.

If nothing else this season tells us it doesn't really matter what formation or players play. We can play 5 at the back one week and be very good, then lose the next, go to a back 4 and be terrible then good the next game with the same formation.

So for me its Pulisic plus 10 others and the formation will not make a blind bit of difference to how we play.

25 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

If nothing else this season tells us it doesn't really matter what formation or players play. We can play 5 at the back one week and be very good, then lose the next, go to a back 4 and be terrible then good the next game with the same formation.

So for me its Pulisic plus 10 others and the formation will not make a blind bit of difference to how we play.

Liverpool are much better than Man U!

Well this is going to be horrendous, isn't it? I'm absolutely dreading this. It's a tough team to pick for this one, Frank always seems to react after a defeat by changing it up, but I wouldn't change too much, apart from Pulisic starting in place of Mount and Mount maybe dropping back into midfield and moving Jorginho back to the bench.

Giroud should start this, his form warrants it and he's a nice calm, experienced head that we need.

GK? No idea. If Kepa isn't playing, you have to think that's his time as Chelsea no.1 over. I don't know what decision I'd make there, I think Frank will see how Kepa is mentally after the Liverpool game and how he reacts and possibly give him one last chance.

Just win, please. Or draw, but just get the top 4... after all this and being in that top 4 for so long, to lose out to Man Utd, Ole's Man Utd, would be awful.