• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Never really in doubt..like I said stroll in the park

dont need Willian, better players coming in next season, 

well done Frank, finally grew a pair and dropped Kepa.

now for Arsenal, don't even think about bringing him back....

did you see Jose celebrating a place in the Europa league like he'd won the league

Thrilled we made it. Beginning of the season I said I wasn't expecting much in terms of league finish. Just wanted to see Frank not completely bomb and the Academy players finally get genuine opportunities after so much managerial instability, wasted millions on average players and lack of first team minutes for our impressive youth in recent years. We've had exactly that, made the top four AND reached the cup final. Lots of positives there with the younger players, two big signings already done and hopefully more to come. We're in a great position to continue building for the future and I can't wait.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

chelboy   
7 minutes ago, Liquidator said:

Most excellent...... Turning point for me was Caballeros save from under the bar from that cross... 100% Kepa would have let that in... Gave us the platform to score three minuets later imho.....

I would have been very worried if it was Kepa for that cross. Shades of the goal we conceded against Valencia earlier this season when the cross went over him. I think he would have struggled with that. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

An excellent performance, day only spoiled by yet another penalty inspired win for United. 

Well done to Super Frank and the coaching team. 

We'd have been happy with this at the beginning of the season so can't complain. 

We'll be better next year for certain. 

We went into this, season and I was convinced Rudiger was our best centre half, now I think it's Zouma by a mile. 

Always felt defensively Zouma is our best. Been saying it from the start. Rudiger is not as good defensively as many think. Zouma saved him twice today. Rudiger is just too rash at times. He didn’t look to rash beside Luiz because Luiz is far worst in having brain fart and rash moments. Took away the spotlight from Rudiger. 

Uusually solid.  The CBs were a lot better than in some games recently.  And Azpi post lockdown has been playing some of the best football of his career - moving from LCB to overlapping the WB and alongside the midfield as the needs require.  And a lot of assists this year.

9 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Kova was soooo good today.

Perfect role for him, sharing CM/DM duties with Jorginho without creative responsibilities.  He really is very good at that role, and was last year too when given the opportunity.

Ham   

Brilliant result and performance.

Presumably Havertz and co incoming now 🙂

13 minutes ago, Liquidator said:

Most excellent...... Turning point for me was Caballeros save from under the bar from that cross... 100% Kepa would have let that in... Gave us the platform to score three minuets later imho.....

100% that was going past the far post - a decent keeper would have pushed it out for a corner or left it.  Cabs palmed it down into our own 6-yard area and got very lucky.  It could easily have been a calamitous mistake.

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

100% that was going past the far post - a decent keeper would have pushed it out for a corner or left it.  Cabs palmed it down into our own 6-yard area and got very lucky.  It could easily have been a calamitous mistake.

I'm not sure you know. I think it was going in. Need to look at various angles. 

Edit: only you could call that a calamitous mistake...but then you're still trying to make a point that I think you may have lost.

Edited by NoblyBobly

7 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Always felt defensively Zouma is our best. Been saying it from the start. Rudiger is not as good defensively as many think. Zouma saved him twice today. Rudiger is just too rash at times. He didn’t look to rash beside Luiz because Luiz is far worst in having brain fart and rash moments. Took away the spotlight from Rudiger. 

There was a point that final year under JM when Zouma was playing at a very high level only to suffer that horrible knee injury. 

If Zouma ever gets back to that level he would be a huge player for us moving forward.

Kezza   

Was watching CHO when he came on, didn't apply himself well, shy away from wanting or fighting for the ball, and just plain pedestrian watching play most of the time. Pedro hassled the opponent and touched the ball more. And CHO wants more game time.

Edited by Kezza