• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

100% that was going past the far post - a decent keeper would have pushed it out for a corner or left it.  Cabs palmed it down into our own 6-yard area and got very lucky.  It could easily have been a calamitous mistake.

Eh? It was in the centre of the goal wasn't it? Maybe slightly off centre but not by much. Only seen it once so apologies if I'm mistaken. 

chara   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

CHARA...........!!!!!!!  

You called Maam?.....what happened?...very dark down here!!!

• Haha 1

JaneB   
12 minutes ago, chara said:

You called Maam?.....what happened?...very dark down here!!!

It's safe to come out now!!!!

JaneB   

paulw66   
59 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Hasn't needed to, why needlessly move the ball up the pitch and potentially lose it when we're comfortable. A lack of game management has been our biggest problem this season, I'm glad he played today.

Nicely put.

47 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Very nicely done, just what I hoped for; being patient, not over committing, seizing on what comes your way, then back to patience. Huge tactical advantage to be playing from that position. 

66 points is ... Okay, about as expected. For that to take us to 4th ... Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Shame United won, too. Oh well.

To lose Hazard and have a transfer ban, and to drop 6 points (from 72) is very respectable. The fact we are fortunate enough for it to get 4th is a bonus

43 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Does finishing 4th mean we have a CL qualifier to negotiate?

No

36 minutes ago, Never happy said:

did you see Jose celebrating a place in the Europa league like he'd won the league

How the mighty have fallen

29 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

100% that was going past the far post - a decent keeper would have pushed it out for a corner or left it.  Cabs palmed it down into our own 6-yard area and got very lucky.  It could easily have been a calamitous mistake.

27 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I'm not sure you know. I think it was going in. Need to look at various angles. 

Edit: only you could call that a calamitous mistake...but then you're still trying to make a point that I think you may have lost.

It was neither a good save (wasn't going in imo, palmed straight back into our 6 yard box and off one of our defenders) nor a huge error (difficult ball to judge the trajectory of). It's only of any note at all because there are cases to be built one way or another. The idea that was a turning point in the game, as someone else suggested, is bizarre to me.

The whole defence, and indeed the team's overall defending, was more solid than usually is the case this season. Caballero hasn't played very often so there's no meaningful sample size, but the one position I think today could be used to argue is that the rest of the XI feel more comfortable with Caballero.

I don't think our arguments matter any more, anyway. Kepa dropped today means, right or wrong, he's out imo. I'll feel much better about that when Kepa out doesn't mean Caballero in.

Well that was a very decent performance. Solid defensive display to boot. Not too many times you could say that this season. Great free-kick from Mount. Good poacher’s goal from Giroud. Just very good all round. 

Been an inconsistent season with some defensive disasters. But we did enough to make it a good finish and a cup final to come. Probably better than we were expecting at the outset. Credit to Frank for getting us this far.

CL qualification should mean an interesting transfer summer too. 

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

To lose Hazard and have a transfer ban, and to drop 6 points (from 72) is very respectable. The fact we are fortunate enough for it to get 4th is a bonus

I'd agree; respectable. 

Much easier to be happy with it given there is literally no chance anyone senior at the club will rest on it. This summer is a huge opportunity, already partly taken. Looking forward to next season!

defying_predictions.jpg

Predictions from the pundits of where they expected Chelsea to finish this season. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

If we had Kepa in goal, that overhanging ball is a goal, 100%

No doubt. See also the Ajax and Valencia games.