• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, chara said:

Oh and have watched the cross quite a few times and although need  a different angle...from the other side of the area.... I think on balance that it would have crossed into the goal.So well done Willy....

I think it was going in. Possibly hit bar or post and then who knows. At that volicity  and dropping angle probably not possible to tip it over. Best option palm it out preferably towards your own player, and I do not think it was a random reckless palm out... I think it may had some thought behind it. Decent bit of keeping imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, chara said:

Oh and have watched the cross quite a few times and although need  a different angle...from the other side of the area.... I think on balance that it would have crossed into the goal.So well done Willy....

Well said. 
 

Meanwhile some fans defend Kepa at all costs even if it means Chelsea losing, and argue blindly  - in the face of previous and present evidence - that Kepa would’ve have saved that cross OR not gone for the cross because the ball ‘wasn’t on target’. There’s always a perfect ready made excuse for a goalie who is ranked outside the top 20 goalies in a 20 team league. But the stats and video evidence don’t lie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think it was going in. Possibly hit bar or post and then who knows. At that volicity  and dropping angle probably not possible to tip it over. Best option palm it out preferably towards your own player, and I do not think it was a random reckless palm out... I think it may had some thought behind it. Decent bit of keeping imo.

My modest input is that an attempt to tip it over would have been a disaster...very nasty cross for any keeper to deal with and all angles were against a tip over but I believe Willy read it well rather than a desperate last second "lucky" reaction. 

Willy always puts in the best shift he can but I really wouldn't be at ease with him playing as #1 all season.

Where now indeed.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

Well said. 
 

Meanwhile some fans defend Kepa at all costs even if it means Chelsea losing, and argue blindly  - in the face of previous and present evidence - that Kepa would’ve have saved that cross OR not gone for the cross because the ball ‘wasn’t on target’. There’s always a perfect ready made excuse for a goalie who is ranked outside the top 20 goalies in a 20 team league. But the stats and video evidence don’t lie. 

I don't want to give him too much of a kicking but It's not been good enough regardless of money paid. It's not just the fact that he is bottom of league for saves made, his stats also show he only saves about 50% of goal attempts! Therefore every time a shot comes in the team is half expecting a gosl.That is pretty dreadful. Add to that his very regular brain farts where he would pass out to an opposing player and we have a perfect storm of a keeper. It's no surprise that the defence just seems calmer and less jittery when Cabs is in. I think he has cost us quite a few points this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, Willy is a number 3 at best but I won’t lose sleep if he’s a number 2. We need a top goalie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
28 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I don't want to give him too much of a kicking but It's not been good enough regardless of money paid. It's not just the fact that he is bottom of league for saves made, his stats also show he only saves about 50% of goal attempts! Therefore every time a shot comes in the team is half expecting a gosl.That is pretty dreadful. Add to that his very regular brain farts where he would pass out to an opposing player and we have a perfect storm of a keeper. It's no surprise that the defence just seems calmer and less jittery when Cabs is in. I think he has cost us quite a few points this season.

Well Nobly...reading your post carefully ..and although understanding how s replaced a..I believe you have given birth to the exact word for all future keeper mistakes..regardless of the team and culprit..I give you....GOSL!!!!!!....Take a bow Nobly!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chara said:

Well Nobly...reading your post carefully ..and although understanding how s replaced a..I believe you have given birth to the exact word for all future keeper mistakes..regardless of the team and culprit..I give you....GOSL!!!!!!....Take a bow Nobly!!!!!!

You know when you see your own typo and you just can't be arsed to change it....😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

You know when you see your own typo and you just can't be arsed to change it....😊

Yep indeed I do...but what a great one... try GOSLED...meaning...left with a loss after spending a fortune on a keeper/p;ayer who didn't work out....or GOSlLING....featuring average goals by Liverpool as Worldies on MOTD....a new language...proud of you NB!!!

Edited by chara
mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Possibly the most ludicrous comment you have made in a couple of years.

LOL. You know it’s true and you know you’re wrong and still you’re trying to pretend you’re right? The free kick is there for anyone to watch. It’s a farce how he deals with it. 

Caballero comes in today and lo and behold we keep a clean sheet. Not the least bit surprised. Good news is that Kepa has played his last game for us. Thank **** for that. He is absolutely useless.


What this team desperately needs now is to swap Kepa and Jorginho for much better upgrades and to go out and get a top class CB. That’s an additional three players. LB is very weak as well, but I think the centre of the park is far more important for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think it was going in. Possibly hit bar or post and then who knows. At that volicity  and dropping angle probably not possible to tip it over. Best option palm it out preferably towards your own player, and I do not think it was a random reckless palm out... I think it may had some thought behind it. Decent bit of keeping imo.

It was absolutely going in. Kepa would have done what he always do, flapping his arms and backing into his own goal. That would have been a goal for Wolves with Kepa in goal. No doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.