• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

chara   
1 minute ago, chara said:

Yep indeed I do...but what a great one... try GOSLED...meaning...left with a loss after spending a fortune on a keeper/p;ayer who didn't work out....or GOSlLING....featuring average goals by Liverpool as Worldies on MOTD....a new language...proud of you NB!!!

AND I just did the same thing!!! Great minds etc!!!

6 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

LOL. You know it’s true and you know you’re wrong and still you’re trying to pretend you’re right? The free kick is there for anyone to watch. It’s a farce how he deals with it. 

Just in case anyone thinks The Ghost has returned to rationality he is talking here abut the TAA freekick where he thinks Kepa must have been incompetent because he had a dream about it first. 

8 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It was absolutely going in. Kepa would have done what he always do, flapping his arms and backing into his own goal. That would have been a goal for Wolves with Kepa in goal. No doubt. 

And this is I take it another dream about how a shot clearly going wide can be re-imagined on a different path with a different keeper flapping his arms and not the ball into the nearest player.

11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

To lose Hazard and have a transfer ban, and to drop 6 points (from 72) is very respectable. The fact we are fortunate enough for it to get 4th is a bonus

Which indicates the bar was lowered by several clubs this season.

(The season Leicester won the PL is the only other time in the previous 10 seasons when a club "Chity" qualified for CL with 66 pts).

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just in case anyone thinks The Ghost has returned to rationality he is talking here abut the TAA freekick where he thinks Kepa must have been incompetent because he had a dream about it first. 

And this is I take it another dream about how a shot clearly going wide can be re-imagined on a different path with a different keeper flapping his arms and not the ball into the nearest player.

To be fair Droy. I couldn’t care less whether you actually agree with me or not. Lamps however seems to think that Kepas performance against Liverpool was so bad it deserved being sacked for the most important game of the year. 

Go figure. 

• Like 1

Blue Rod   
8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I don't want to give him too much of a kicking but It's not been good enough regardless of money paid. It's not just the fact that he is bottom of league for saves made, his stats also show he only saves about 50% of goal attempts! Therefore every time a shot comes in the team is half expecting a gosl.That is pretty dreadful. Add to that his very regular brain farts where he would pass out to an opposing player and we have a perfect storm of a keeper. It's no surprise that the defence just seems calmer and less jittery when Cabs is in. I think he has cost us quite a few points this season.

Well said.

We seem to have forgotten about those unmitigated brain farts where he just targets the back of his defender from a goal kick, a bit like an assault, really.

Blue Rod   
7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I have looked at it again, and again, and each time changed my mind about whether it's going in or out. The ball is spinning, swerving, and dipping as it comes - a keeper's nightmare. The reason I've changed my mind to "in" is because having watched other similar balls, when all the energy of the ball has been expended on the spin and swerve, it finally dips wickedly.

I don't know how as a keeper in that situation you could see it clearly going wide. I'm not even sure a keeper sitting on the crossbar could work that out  never mind one standing under the ball.  

Edited by Blue Rod

paulw66   
25 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Anyone else rather chuffed this morning?

Indeed. 

Relived as much as anything. After united dropping points against West ham, it was really ours to throw away.

Can't wait for next season

Jasonb   

It was a fascinating match yesterday.

I recall not so long ago Frank saying they would play more attacking at home and dropping Jorginho and Kova and just having Kante allowing the extra attacking player. So I was intrigued how we would shape up for this.

Yesterday was very cat and mouse until Alonso won that free kick.

With Mount's energy on the right we did not seem to miss Willian though it was frustrating at times with Pulisic trying to dribble through their defense and losing possession on a number of occasions.

Alonso played well for me and notably stopped all their aerial balls down the Left and other players like Kova covered when he was further up the field.

Giroud's persistence got us the second after neat interplay with Mount and Pulisic.

Wolves were quite physical at times and had a couple of chances yet didn't make them count.

Generally we were much sharper all over the pitch and put this down to Frank's motivation in the dressing room.  

Edited by Jasonb

27 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Anyone else rather chuffed this morning?

Over the moon.

I suspect the club may announce another acquisition in the coming days