• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

41 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Anyone else rather chuffed this morning?

yep , me . Very happy.

10 hours ago, MikelBlue said:

Meanwhile some fans defend Kepa at all costs even if it means Chelsea losing, and argue blindly  - in the face of previous and present evidence - that Kepa would’ve have saved that cross OR not gone for the cross because the ball ‘wasn’t on target’. 

"Defending Kepa" = not using what you imagine players might hypothetically do in an imagined parallel universe as the basis for an argument. 

It's one thing to take a view on Kepa; I have mine, it differs to other's, that's life. But you've got posters here saying they're "certain" that Kepa would have "100%" conceded from a cross that the keeper who actually played palmed straight into his own defender. It's ... Bizarre. Would anyone here be congratulating Kepa if he'd done that? I'm not one of his biggest or most vocal critics, but I'd not be.

It's possible to end up 'right' about a player for really quite wrong, odd reasons.

bert19   
21 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Over the moon.

I suspect the club may announce another acquisition in the coming days

I think you might be right there. 

There's some serious work to be done over the next few weeks though.  Got to get quite a few deals done 

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

"Defending Kepa" = not using what you imagine players might hypothetically do in an imagined parallel universe as the basis for an argument. 

It's one thing to take a view on Kepa; I have mine, it differs to other's, that's life. But you've got posters here saying they're "certain" that Kepa would have "100%" conceded from a cross that the keeper who actually played palmed straight into his own defender. It's ... Bizarre. Would anyone here be congratulating Kepa if he'd done that? I'm not one of his biggest or most vocal critics, but I'd not be.

It's possible to end up 'right' about a player for really quite wrong, odd reasons.

Thank you 

paulw66   

Also........I can't remember being that relieved when a goal went in as I did when Mount's free kick went in.

Was generally worried that if they scored first, we would struggle. 

Didn't think we would lose from that moment. 

chara   
5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Balanced view. That is why I really withdrew from the Kepa debate.....it stopped being an exchange of viewpoints and became  that Kepa was beyond rubbish with voices of reason trying to temper the attacks while conceding there were "issues". Obviously, as I have posted of late, his career at Chelsea seems to have gone down the tube but the promise was there at one time. International keepers aren't given the National #1 from sentiment and it is sad that he seems to have lost his way for whatever reason.

A critique is one thing but getting to the stage when arguments are breaking out regarding a situation in a game when the man wasn't even playing is bizarre.

Player X misses a penalty...but for sure player Y who isn't on the pitch would have scored!..or the reverse...makes as much sense.......

Most would put money on SFL scoring from the spot....but he did miss some....so if he wasn't there would it be one he scored..or missed?

Ultimately we had a keeper drastically losing form and a somewhat shaky changeable defence not working well with both factors dragging each entity down as it fed upon itself....BUT..fourth it is and a Cup Final,,,,bet Norwich Watford and Bournemouth wish that their season had been so bad!

39 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Also........I can't remember being that relieved when a goal went in as I did when Mount's free kick went in.

Was generally worried that if they scored first, we would struggle. 

Didn't think we would lose from that moment. 

I did my usual , seeing Alonso standing there , went , "Don't let Mount take it" , never fails .

Ham   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I did my usual , seeing Alonso standing there , went , "Don't let Mount take it" , never fails .

Dittto.  😂

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, chara said:

A critique is one thing but getting to the stage when arguments are breaking out regarding a situation in a game when the man wasn't even playing is bizarre.

Which means it is wrong for people to keep coming up with comments  like "no one could have saved that" every time Kepa lets in a goal. 

The debate won't go away, because rumours have it that we're on the hunt for a new keeper, which is surprising for some, given that Kepa has done so well in their eyes.

Let's forget the comparison with Willy for a minute. Kepa's save statistics suggests that if he were our keeper yesterday, we would have conceded at least one goal. 

I'm a very happy man ATM.  Frank has done well, he's had to sell our best player and had to deal with a transfer ban as well, under some coaches we would have finished outside of the top six.  For next season we need a new keeper, a left back, a defensivw midfielder and a top class centre half in order to challenge Liverpool or Man City.  My joy was tempered by Man Ure winning as well, can't stand them at all, and the team they have isn't as good as their fanboys in the media make out.  I'm happy to see Villa survive, for  JT's sake more than anything, but happy Watford went down, their deluded board deserve it for getting ideas above their station and changing managers as frequently as their underwear.

Come on, let's now win the FA Cup as well!!!!