• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Frank needs to ensure that the players come flying out of the trap and get a couple early goals "one will not be enough", because the longer the game goes on goalless the more twitchy our defending will become.

WARNING WILL ROBINSON: A player like Jimemez only needs half a chance

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I agree about using Willy

Made me chuckle.

Am a child. 

Diddymen   
12 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Spurs can go above Wolves, pushing them down to 7th. Their Europa place would then be dependent on us winning the FA cup, so I think Wolves will be up for this.

As somebody else said earlier, the thought of Adama Traore against Jorginho is giving me nightmares. Reece James in midfield could makes sense for a bit of muscle up against him.

Do they really want to be in the Europa League again? Yes, it might bring in some money but it takes a lot out of players. If it wasn't for COVID, I am sure they wouldn't be 7th. The break has really helped them concentrate on the league without the Europa league distractions.

1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

Do they really want to be in the Europa League again? Yes, it might bring in some money but it takes a lot out of players. If it wasn't for COVID, I am sure they wouldn't be 7th. The break has really helped them concentrate on the league without the Europa league distractions.

As you say it brings in a lot of money, better sponsorships etc, and also helps to attract better players (and keep the better ones). I'm sure the fans would also like to be playing in Europe, no doubt the players would too and they will be the ones on the pitch.

A Champions league place is probably a bit over ambitious for them, so I'm not sure what more they could have aimed for at the beginning of the season. I personally doubt they had the aim of finishing 7th-10th.

If they don't want to be in the Europa league then it makes little sense to think they would field a weakened team on Sunday because they have a really important Europa league game a few days after!

kratos   
5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Made me chuckle.

Am a child. 

We all are Paul 😆

chara   

I am very relaxed about this game...if Chelsea win..great...a loss whilst hurting is not the end of all that is good in the world......I still feel any involvement in the ECL NEXT SEASON WOULD BE PUNCHING ABOVE OUR WEIGHT......will be a new Chelsea even without any further additions..and I believe a few more to come ....a proving time for SFL and the start of a new cycle so unrealistic expectations should be put aside and hopefully progress appreciated as opposed to title chasing.

I feel the restraints put upon Chelsea this pass season have been understated in many ways....not just the transfer ban but the lack of players in their prime as many are past their use by date..honourable situation not a put down...and youngsters having to contribute way above their pay grade.(not wage comment).

Keep calm.......

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chara said:

I am very relaxed about this game...if Chelsea win..great...a loss whilst hurting is not the end of all that is good in the world......I still feel any involvement in the ECL NEXT SEASON WOULD BE PUNCHING ABOVE OUR WEIGHT......will be a new Chelsea even without any further additions..and I believe a few more to come ....a proving time for SFL and the start of a new cycle so unrealistic expectations should be put aside and hopefully progress appreciated as opposed to title chasing.

I feel the restraints put upon Chelsea this pass season have been understated in many ways....not just the transfer ban but the lack of players in their prime as many are past their use by date..honourable situation not a put down...and youngsters having to contribute way above their pay grade.(not wage comment).

Keep calm.......

I agree... before the season started I was one of the people said top 6 would be good this season, so top 4 would be amazing IMO, add to that an FA Cup final!

The only reason we now think differently is because of how the season as gone and how well we've done overall. 

Unfortunately Chara, in this game it really is the hope that kills you.

If we'd spent the whole season battling with Spurs for top 6/7 then this game would be even more important or at least felt it.

8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Frank needs to ensure that the players come flying out of the trap and get a couple early goals ...

More or less the opposite for me; we need to steadfastly not over-commit for about 95% of this game. The more we push forward, the more vulnerable this defence is. 

That isn't to say we sit in our own box for 90 minutes because Christ knows we'd only do a Three Stooges skit there at some point anyway, but we should maintain a line at a comfortable position and probe from there. 

We need to not lose the 90, not win the first 10.

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Like 1

Blue Rod   

Wolves are always stronger in the 2nd half. We need to factor that into our tactics. They are well trained to step up the gear just when their opponents start to think they've got things under control.

I hope Kante is fit for this game. Adama Traore will be a handful for our FB. But if we can slow him down Kante can come to the rescue. Adama himself is now comfortable creating the goals, unlike before when he could not decide whether to cross or shoot. He's got dangerous marksmen to receive his crosses. 

Make mistake; this match will be won or lost 50% by players and 50% by managers. The psychological battle is underway already.  I think we should have given more match times to the likes of CHO since the restart, to provide a real alternatives forward. But we are where we are. I also hope that whatever has been holding Pulisic from starting every game does not happen this Sunday