• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

chelboy   

If there was ever a game to patch up Kante for it’s this one. Wolves tend to be hard to break down so patience is key here. IMO Wolves are likely to get the first goal so calmness would be needed. Especially at the back. It will be a game that will test characters in this team. Well, the ones that still have a future here next season. 

Edited by chelboy

37 minutes ago, chelboy said:

If there was ever a game to patch up Kante for it’s this one. Wolves tend to be hard to break down so patience is key here. IMO Wolves are likely to get the first goal so calmness would be needed. Especially at the back. It will be a game that will test characters in this team. Well, the ones that still have a future here next season. 

Kante hasn't been great himself. Other than the beating at Anfield, I'm okay with the Jorginho-Kova partnership for the most part.

I would stick with the 3-4-3. Liverpool defeat aside, we totally outclassed United and Spurs.

And even the Liverpool defeat, #1 was a Kepa error, #2 was a dive by Mane to win a freekick, #3 was a set-piece error and #5 was another Kepa blunder. 

We were hardly "destroyed" with any really good football against Pool. I feel safest in a back 5 with Caballero in goal.

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Kante hasn't been great himself. Other than the beating at Anfield, I'm okay with the Jorginho-Kova partnership for the most part.

I would stick with the 3-4-3. Liverpool defeat aside, we totally outclassed United and Spurs.

And even the Liverpool defeat, #1 was a Kepa error, #2 was a dive by Mane to win a freekick, #3 was a set-piece error and #5 was another Kepa blunder. 

We were hardly "destroyed" with any really good football against Pool. I feel safest in a back 5 with Caballero in goal.

As much as I believe Kepa to be poor, to blame our defeat by Liverpool entirely on him is just plain wrong. Our attack was no existent until Pulisic came on. We scored with the first run at their defence. Our midfield did very little to stop Liveepool runs.

Don't know how you can be comfortable with the same Jorginho who literally waved Liverpool on to their 5th goal. If you think that attack was harsh on Jorginho, brace yourself for Wolves second half onslaught. I dont think Jorginho stands a chance  Liverpool tire as the match wears on, Wolves are the opposite.

I personally think the Liverpool match was s walk in the park for us compared to what is happening this Sunday. 

Edited by Blue Rod

24 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

As much as I believe Kepa to be poor, to blame our defeat by Liverpool entirely on him is just plain wrong. Our attack was no existent until Pulisic came on. We scored with the first run at their defence. Our midfield did very little to stop Liveepool runs.

Don't know how you can be comfortable with the same Jorginho who literally waved Liverpool on to their 5th goal. If you think that attack was harsh on Jorginho, brace yourself for Wolves second half onslaught. I dont think Jorginho stands a chance  Liverpool tire as the match wears on, Wolves are the opposite.

I personally think the Liverpool match was s walk in the park for us compared to what is happening this Sunday. 

Jorginho is an experienced footballer in a match that is definitely going to be highly pressurized. You can rightly criticize him for not fouling Robertson if you want to, but the fact is the ball was shot straight at Kepa who got a solid hand to it and couldn't keep it out.

And I reiterate, for a Liverpool team that supposedly cut through us, 4 of their goals came from mistakes/poor decisions.

Blue Rod   
15 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Jorginho is an experienced footballer in a match that is definitely going to be highly pressurized. You can rightly criticize him for not fouling Robertson if you want to, but the fact is the ball was shot straight at Kepa who got a solid hand to it and couldn't keep it out.

And I reiterate, for a Liverpool team that supposedly cut through us, 4 of their goals came from mistakes/poor decisions.

Jorginho hasn't made one creative pass since the restart. Defensively he is a complete liability. I dont know on which performance you'd call him exceptional.

At the best of form, he is okay when he has the time to pass, which he wont get on Sunday. 

A good keeper might still have let in some of the liverpool goals.  They didn't exacy roll across the goal line. My criticism of Kepa is that he didn't even attempt. 

Edited by Blue Rod

Ham   
1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I don't think the criticisms of Kepa and/or Jorginho relate to this game in isolation.  

A majority of our fanbase, as far as I can see, are not satisfied with the performance of either over a period of time. 

Holymoly   

I will be watching this one from behind the sofa, only venturing out if we are three clear with five minutes to play. Hopefully United stuff Leicester and make it all academic. The Foxes do owe us one after all and they wouldn't enjoy the Champions League anyway. Of course if we are winning, GO LEICESTER!

chara   
12 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I will be watching this one from behind the sofa, only venturing out if we are three clear with five minutes to play. Hopefully United stuff Leicester and make it all academic. The Foxes do owe us one after all and they wouldn't enjoy the Champions League anyway. Of course if we are winning, GO LEICESTER!

Ah Holymoly.... man after my own heart!!!!!

6 hours ago, Ham said:

I don't think the criticisms of Kepa and/or Jorginho relate to this game in isolation.  

A majority of our fanbase, as far as I can see, are not satisfied with the performance of either over a period of time. 

Which is fair on the majority of our fan base if that's the view on Jorginho generally as a footballer.

All I'm saying is that he's an experienced guy in a game that is going to require cooler more experienced heads. Last year I would say rush Kante back into the starting lineup... but this year though? Not me. 

Jorginho and Kova to continue IMO.

play willy tomorrow its too dangerous to risk kepa

• Like 1