• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Holymoly   

So there's this stat going round that we have conceded 46% of shots on target against us this season. The highest in the league. Add to that the huge number of goals we've let in, the highest in 25 years and you have to ascribe some degree of blame to the GK. Just a bang average keeper may have made this season even better.

7 hours ago, Holymoly said:

So there's this stat going round that we have conceded 46% of shots on target against us this season. The highest in the league. Add to that the huge number of goals we've let in, the highest in 25 years and you have to ascribe some degree of blame to the GK. Just a bang average keeper may have made this season even better.

Sure. I'm not a huge fan, but the defenders in front of him aren't exactly covering themselves in glory, either.    

Ham   
6 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sure. I'm not a huge fan, but the defenders in front of him aren't exactly covering themselves in glory, either.    

Blimey O'Reilly.  It's MT.  

Good to have you back. 

On 7/24/2020 at 8:46 PM, thevelourfog said:

More or less the opposite for me; we need to steadfastly not over-commit for about 95% of this game. The more we push forward, the more vulnerable this defence is. 

That isn't to say we sit in our own box for 90 minutes because Christ knows we'd only do a Three Stooges skit there at some point anyway, but we should maintain a line at a comfortable position and probe from there. 

We need to not lose the 90, not win the first 10.

My concern is the scenario of reaching the 80th minute with both games being drawn, chelsea will need to press for a goal and not for the first time this season get hit on the counter. "Game Over"

Need to be 2-0 by HT, which will encourage Leicester to go for it against ManUre if they are drawing or loosing 

Willy for this game - Kepa "Who is shot to pieces" and is probably franks biggest call as head coach

23 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

My concern is the scenario of reaching the 80th minute with both games being drawn, chelsea will need to press for a goal and not for the first time this season get hit on the counter. "Game Over"

Need to be 2-0 by HT, which will encourage Leicester to go for it against ManUre if they are drawing or loosing 

If we draw, we make fourth. There is no scenario where we don’t make fourth with a draw against Wolves. 

So this is it, the longest PL season in history, finishing with no fans in the grounds and it all comes down to this... 90 minutes of football remains between Frank and his team and a top 4 finish. A season that has had so many ups, downs, twists, turns and everything else in between will finally be settled by 6pm on this Sunday in July.

The nerves are understandably high and the players will no doubt be feeling the pressure as they take to the pitch, but let's not forget that whatever happens today, we have so much to be proud of... Frank Lampard, the hero returning to lead this young team through the first steps of what will surely be a glorious phase in Chelsea's history. We've had Mount, James, Tammy, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek and Tomori, players from our own academy making impacts on the first team and learning with every game they play. We've witnessed the unearthing of an undoubted star of the future in Christian Pulisic.

Sure, we've had some horror moments, a goalkeeper who seems to have lost almost all trust, a defence with nobody to marshall them, injuries, injuries and more injuries... but with all that, we still go into this final game with it in our own hands. So much will have been learnt from this season and so much to take forward on to this next phase of Chelsea's history, a new era with a legend at the helm, how can any Chelsea fan not be excited by this?

We won't be in the ground with them today, but wherever you are and however you're watching, make some noise, send out some positive vibes, follow your superstitions, kiss your badge, thump your chest, drink your beer or your tea or whatever gets you through the game... it's one more push, one more performance, those blue boys can get this done, they WILL get this done - London is Blue and let's show them all why. COME ON CHELSEA!

Lampard.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

If we draw, we make fourth. There is no scenario where we don’t make fourth with a draw against Wolves. 

so you would be feel confident drawing with 10 minutes to go, bare in mind wolves have scored 18 goals in the second half on their travels with 12 of them in the last 20 minutes, Chelsea have scored 14 goals and conceded 11 in the 2nd half at SB (in the last 20 minutes 7 scored and 5 conceded)

I am not really into stats; however, the stats above do not fill me with the greatest confidence of going into the final 10 minutes with the score level 

1. Chelsea win & Man Utd win, Chelsea finish top 4

2. Chelsea win & Man United draw, Chelsea finish top 4

3. Chelsea win & Leicester win, Chelsea finish top 4

4. Chelsea draw & Man United win, Chelsea finish top 4

5. Chelsea draw & Man United draw, Chelsea finish top 4

6. Chelsea draw & Leicester win, Chelsea finish top 4

7. Chelsea lose & Man United win, Chelsea finish top 4

8. Chelsea lose & Man United draw, Chelsea finish 5th

9. Chelsea lose & Leicester win, Chelsea finish 5th

9 possible scenarios, 7 of which finish with us in the top 4. Positivity guys, come on!

I wonder what the spread betting odds are for the number of times during the match the Sky commentator to mentions the following

• Arrogance
  • Dippers winning the PL
  • Klopp's reaction to Frank telling him to go forth and multiply
  • ManUre
  • bruno fernades / pogba
  • chelsea conceding 52 goals