• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

so you would be feel confident drawing with 10 minutes to go, bare in mind wolves have scored 18 goals in the second half on their travels with 12 of them in the last 20 minutes, Chelsea have scored 14 goals and conceded 11 in the 2nd half at SB (in the last 20 minutes 7 scored and 5 conceded)

I am not really into stats; however, the stats above do not fill me with the greatest confidence of going into the final 10 minutes with the score level 

In my case, the final minute.

Holymoly   
10 hours ago, Ham said:

Blimey O'Reilly.  It's MT.  

Good to have you back. 

Certainly more welcome than Malcolm Tucker.

If Frank picks Kepa and we lose because of a mistake by him, then Lampard needs to go, sorry if upsets people BUT everyone can see it, that Kepa is s**t.

It has to be big Willy and not little Kepa

26 minutes ago, Never happy said:

If Frank picks Kepa and we lose because of a mistake by him, then Lampard needs to go, sorry if upsets people BUT everyone can see it, that Kepa is s**t.

So if Frank picks Kepa today, Kepa makes a mistake and we lose, we sack Frank... ignoring all the good things he’s done this season? What if we lose and still get 4th? Still sack him?

Wow.

Bison   

Hope Lampard has learnt his lesson from the Sheffield game and matches up with the opponent's formation today.

1 hour ago, Never happy said:

What if he picks Willy and Willy throws one in? 

It's not like he hasn't done it before. 

Both our Keepers are deeply flawed. 

1st step should be to identify who scouted them both and replace them. 

Who goes if he picks Cabs and Cabs makes the mistake?

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Beat me to it - but I think the truth is that the defensive coaching has to go whatever.  (if it exists).

5 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

My concern is the scenario of reaching the 80th minute with both games being drawn, chelsea will need to press for a goal and not for the first time this season get hit on the counter. "Game Over"

Need to be 2-0 by HT, which will encourage Leicester to go for it against ManUre if they are drawing or loosing 

Been covered, but 80 minutes and both games drawing is fine. The absolute worst thing we could do in that scenario is take unnecessary risks. 

Besides which, I don't see the logic to your argument; why are we any more at risk of being hit on the counter at 80 minutes on than we are in the first half? It's not like 2-0 down at half time would be good news.

The sensible thing is to take risks when they're needed. If we get to 80 minutes and we're in a position where we need to score, then go for it; if you get hit trying to score a goal you desperately need to score, that's bloody annoying but it's life. If you get hit trying desperately score a goal you don't need, that's just idiocy. 

It's not about playing for a draw (which we clearly don't ever do and probably couldn't manage anyway), it's about knowing and choosing the right moments to commit. If Wolves sit 10 men in their box from the first minute, then by all means go at them. If they look like they want a go at us, hold your line in a safe position and pick your moment.

What if Kepa starts and we lose because he makes a mistake but United smash Leicester?

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

That could well happen. Its a massive decision from Lampard and he will probably go with his gut. I believe it will be Willy today.  In some ways if he picks Kepa and Kepa has a mare and we lose top 4 , the criticism of him will be really violent and aggressive questioning his backbone in not dropping a struggling keeper. If Willy messes up people will be less critical of that decision because he was trying to fix a keeper problem. But I'm hoping that not Frank's thought process. He just needs to pick who he thinks in more in form and most importantly who is most confident. For me that's Willy.