• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, me too - it's a massive call, but Frank has shown he isn't afraid to make them.

At the very least, I feel the Caballero will make an attempt to save every shot on goal.

No idea how we move Kepa on, if that is what we try and do, hue wages, massive transfer outlay... we're not going to recover much money on this at all. Loan for a few years back in Spain at the hope he finds some confidence and form, I would guess.

Yep it will be a series of loans and an option to buy in the future I would suspect.

Just now, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Yep it will be a series of loans and an option to buy in the future I would suspect.

Meanwhile, everyone in world football will know how desperate we are to sign a GK... £££

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Besides which, I don't see the logic to your argument; why are we any more at risk of being hit on the counter at 80 minutes on than we are in the first half?

I think logic went out the window several pages ago - this is all about fear and superstition now.

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think logic went out the window several pages ago - this is all about fear and superstition now.

Wolves sounding like some of those great Barcelona sides we duelled with! 

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Meanwhile, everyone in world football will know how desperate we are to sign a GK... £££

All the more reason we need a positive result today. Champions League income is crucial.

• Like 1

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Effectively we don't have a keeper for next season, one will be determined to move on, the other is 39 in September.
Either a big named keeper or a new manager must be lined up already I guess.

image.png.5461e94c2642e1a3d1ecb69758fb82f5.png

3 at back again - not sure that is right for Wolves.

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, me too - it's a massive call, but Frank has shown he isn't afraid to make them.

At the very least, I feel the Caballero will make an attempt to save every shot on goal.

No idea how we move Kepa on, if that is what we try and do, hue wages, massive transfer outlay... we're not going to recover much money on this at all. Loan for a few years back in Spain at the hope he finds some confidence and form, I would guess.

But what a situation that we approach a game of this magnitude with the coach feeling he has to choose a 33 year old journey man keeper over our £71mill record signing. 

On 23 July 2020 at 6:16 PM, Never happy said:

Everyone sees me as doom and gloom, but I'm telling you now WE WILL GET THE POINT NEEDED IN FACT WE WILL WIN.

As long as Frank swollows his pride, and dumps Kepa and Willian.

keep the same system (the team picks itself)

WILLY

.                            Azpi.             Zouma           Rudiger 

Jorgino 

James .                           Kovacic.                         Alonso

.                            Mount.                              Pulisic

.                                                   Giroud

anyone of three from mount,Pedro or odi

Even if wolves were to beat us they would need Leicester to get thrashed by United, to stand any chance of finishing 5th.

wolves will not put up much of a fight to win it, on 6 August  they have a more important game, a home match in Europa league, if they can win the Europa league they will be in the champions league next season.

Frank let me pick the team today

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Effectively we don't have a keeper for next season, one will be determined to move on, the other is 39 in September.
Either a big named keeper or a new manager must be lined up already I guess.

image.png.5461e94c2642e1a3d1ecb69758fb82f5.png

3 at back again - not sure that is right for Wolves.

We're not getting a new manager in for the start of next season Droy, I'll happily take any bet on that.

Agree though that we essentially have no GK for next season, I would expect us to go out and go for a proven, older keeper rather than trying to unearth the next big thing, even if it means we just bring someone in with only the next 2/3 seasons in, we need someone solid there to let us continue to progress without the nerves and stress at the back.

Didn't we play 3 at the back earlier in the season when we beat them away?