• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

Recommended Posts

It would be harsh on him, but I would bench Giroud for Abraham. That Arsenal defense has a mistake in them, so a more fluid attack is the way to go. We need to exploit their aggressiveness in defense with good movement and interchanging of positions upfront. I would go for this:

Azpi Zouma Rudiger Alonso

Jorginho Kante

Willian Mount Pulisic

Abraham

I don't like Kovacic against teams like Arsenal, where playmakers are more valuable than ball carriers. Jorginho will be a weakness defensively against their rapid attacks, so the tactic would need to change if Kante isn't 100% fit, which I doubt he is. However, the upside of playing Jorginho is big in this match. The cool head and passing of Jorginho will be key in a pressure cooker final. 

Edited by Ibn Battuta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
5 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

It would be harsh on him, but I would bench Giroud for Abraham. That Arsenal defense has a mistake in them, so a more fluid attack is the way to go. We need to exploit their aggressiveness in defense with good movement and interchanging of positions upfront. I would go for this:

Azpi Zouma Rudiger Alonso

Jorginho Kante

Willian Mount Pulisic

Abraham

I don't like Kovacic against teams like Arsenal, where playmakers are more valuable than ball carriers. Jorginho will be a weakness defensively against their rapid attacks, so the tactic would need to change if Kante isn't 100% fit, which I doubt he is. However, the upside of playing Jorginho is big in this match. The cool head and passing of Jorginho will be key in a pressure cooker final. 

Bit cocky going into a Final without a keeper?.......and I do expect responses of better than Kepa etc!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Willian?

Don't forget also we went 3 at the back at The Emirates and it was a disaster. 

I’d rather play a 4231 but that’s just me. I don’t see Lampard changing it up at this point in time. If he does, I reckon that Willian will come in for Alonso: 

Caballero; James, Zouma, Rudiger, Azpilicueta; Jorginho, Kovacic; Willian, Mount, Pulisic; Giroud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bONes said:

Not sure where to post this, but here it is:

https://youtu.be/oylcYA6J5QU

Very very interesting - and even the unnecessary music was mixed to low volume!

Some great saves by Kepa in there btw.
His conclusion - get a defensive coach - Mine too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Very very interesting - and even the unnecessary music was mixed to low volume!

Some great saves by Kepa in there btw.
His conclusion - get a defensive coach - Mine too.

The double Liverpool save, he pushes the ball back into the danger area. Just mentioning this as I know you hate that. 😂 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bONes   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Very very interesting - and even the unnecessary music was mixed to low volume!

Some great saves by Kepa in there btw.
His conclusion - get a defensive coach - Mine too.

Yes. 
 

and a GK coach so that they can collect those balls in the air at the far post. Applies to both Cabs and Kepa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
10 hours ago, bONes said:

Yes. 
 

and a GK coach so that they can collect those balls in the air at the far post. Applies to both Cabs and Kepa

I mentioned this the other day: Christophe Lollichon & Carlo Cudicini both work at the club, But Hilario is the goalkeeping coach. 
Bit of a head scratcher that one..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

I mentioned this the other day: Christophe Lollichon & Carlo Cudicini both work at the club, But Hilario is the goalkeeping coach. 
Bit of a head scratcher that one..

Shay "do do do the funky" Given will be brought in as the new GK coach. I believe Frank wanted to bring him in last season

cue - DWMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The double Liverpool save, he pushes the ball back into the danger area. Just mentioning this as I know you hate that. 😂 

Doesn't that come off Tammy? - Kepa pushes it sideways onto his own player then it bounces out. That is how I recall it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now