• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

It would be harsh on him, but I would bench Giroud for Abraham. That Arsenal defense has a mistake in them, so a more fluid attack is the way to go. We need to exploit their aggressiveness in defense with good movement and interchanging of positions upfront. I would go for this:

Azpi Zouma Rudiger Alonso

Jorginho Kante

Willian Mount Pulisic

Abraham

I don't like Kovacic against teams like Arsenal, where playmakers are more valuable than ball carriers. Jorginho will be a weakness defensively against their rapid attacks, so the tactic would need to change if Kante isn't 100% fit, which I doubt he is. However, the upside of playing Jorginho is big in this match. The cool head and passing of Jorginho will be key in a pressure cooker final. 

Edited by Ibn Battuta

chara   
5 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

It would be harsh on him, but I would bench Giroud for Abraham. That Arsenal defense has a mistake in them, so a more fluid attack is the way to go. We need to exploit their aggressiveness in defense with good movement and interchanging of positions upfront. I would go for this:

Azpi Zouma Rudiger Alonso

Jorginho Kante

Willian Mount Pulisic

Abraham

I don't like Kovacic against teams like Arsenal, where playmakers are more valuable than ball carriers. Jorginho will be a weakness defensively against their rapid attacks, so the tactic would need to change if Kante isn't 100% fit, which I doubt he is. However, the upside of playing Jorginho is big in this match. The cool head and passing of Jorginho will be key in a pressure cooker final. 

Bit cocky going into a Final without a keeper?.......and I do expect responses of better than Kepa etc!!!!

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Willian?

Don't forget also we went 3 at the back at The Emirates and it was a disaster. 

I’d rather play a 4231 but that’s just me. I don’t see Lampard changing it up at this point in time. If he does, I reckon that Willian will come in for Alonso: 

Caballero; James, Zouma, Rudiger, Azpilicueta; Jorginho, Kovacic; Willian, Mount, Pulisic; Giroud

3 hours ago, bONes said:

Not sure where to post this, but here it is:

https://youtu.be/oylcYA6J5QU

Very very interesting - and even the unnecessary music was mixed to low volume!

Some great saves by Kepa in there btw.
His conclusion - get a defensive coach - Mine too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

The double Liverpool save, he pushes the ball back into the danger area. Just mentioning this as I know you hate that. 😂 

• Haha 1

bONes   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes. 

and a GK coach so that they can collect those balls in the air at the far post. Applies to both Cabs and Kepa

bert19   
10 hours ago, bONes said:

Yes. 

and a GK coach so that they can collect those balls in the air at the far post. Applies to both Cabs and Kepa

I mentioned this the other day: Christophe Lollichon & Carlo Cudicini both work at the club, But Hilario is the goalkeeping coach. 
Bit of a head scratcher that one..

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

I mentioned this the other day: Christophe Lollichon & Carlo Cudicini both work at the club, But Hilario is the goalkeeping coach. 
Bit of a head scratcher that one..

Shay "do do do the funky" Given will be brought in as the new GK coach. I believe Frank wanted to bring him in last season

cue - DWMH

14 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The double Liverpool save, he pushes the ball back into the danger area. Just mentioning this as I know you hate that. 😂 

Doesn't that come off Tammy? - Kepa pushes it sideways onto his own player then it bounces out. That is how I recall it.