• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

Just now, Jasonb said:

Giroud did well,  in the first he was instrumental in our goal and was in space ready to be slid in for our second when Mount decided to go for glory. 

He might have switched earlier yet Abraham may not have been any better.

Fine margins, injuries and a ref not giving us much.

I think Giroud did ok. But I believe the team as a whole suffered a lot because his lack of pace meant that Arsenal could be a lot more aggressive defensively. That suffocated our midfield completely. We needed more pace upfront imo. 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I expect Mike Riley had sleepless nights last night over Anthony Taylors appalling performance yesterday. I expect he will be on the phone to the club first thing Monday to apologise. 

Whilst he's there he can throw in one for the 2017 final and the United game where Batshuyai had his nut sack rearranged by Slabhead. 

Unlikely, until refs have to or choose to go public they will continue to hide

3 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I think Giroud did ok. But I believe the team as a whole suffered a lot because his lack of pace meant that Arsenal could be a lot more aggressive defensively. That suffocated our midfield completely. We needed more pace upfront imo. 

We played to high and didn't have the speed of mind or foot to recover. Desperately need a commanding CB  who would probably also be captain material. Think back to the days of JT, thats what we miss, somebody to attack everything.

When even Matt Stead of Football365 who has an almost psychopathic hatred of Lampard and Chelsea thinks the referee wrongly  booked (and sent off) Kovacic and Mount then you know we've been royally Stitched up. 

I'm annoyed that Lampard has said nothing about Anthony Taylors performance instead humbly taking the blame for our loss onto our own shoulders but I suppose he knows with a coward in charge of the PGMOL we have no chance of a level playing field. 

I feel a bit stupid for moaning about the ref when we did more harm to ourselves but Taylor has a record as long as his arm for refereeing ineptitude when refereeing our games, well, I say ineptitude but it's worth investigation when we are always on the receiving end of them and never the beneficiary. 

12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just read that of all the red cards given in FA Cup finals, two thirds of them have been given to Chelsea players by Anthony Taylor. 

Two thirds of them to Arsenal's benefit.

(but there have been at least 5 in last decade or so I think.)

Ham   

With 11 on the pitch and our sub choices I reckon we would have won that. 

They had nothing special on their bench at all. 

For the second time in a row in FA cup finals v Arsenal the ref decided the result.  

I'm not annoyed at the players or SFL after this one as we didn't have a level playing playing field. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

With 11 on the pitch and our sub choices I reckon we would have won that. 

They had nothing special on their bench at all. 

For the second time in a row in FA cup finals v Arsenal the ref decided the result.  

I'm not annoyed at the players or SFL after this one as we didn't have a level playing playing field. 

I cannot imagine we will encounter another Anthony Taylor Cup final seeing as, breaking precedent this was his second. (I wonder why?) 

Mind you a fish rots from the top down and Mavis is as rotten as the day is long so I'm sure they'll do us again. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I cannot imagine we will encounter another Anthony Taylor Cup final seeing as, breaking precedent this was his second. (I wonder why?) 

I heard that it would be a disappointment to any ref who got this behind doors event as his single FA cup.  Normally friends and family get to sit in luxury seats and it is a celebration of the ref too.

Not that I agree - at least give it to some lesser known ref who is going to retire on age this year anyway.

chara   
6 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well Chara I'm living the dream right now. I'm house sitting in France for my sister whose away. Fab place next to a stunning river with outside heated pool... and its hot hot hot!!...its tough but sometimes you gotta help your family out. Only fly in ointment was the match which I had to watch alongside a gooner. Tbh he was decent and didn't rub it in too much. That cup saved their season...for us it would have been the cherry on the cake. 

Anyway time to cycle to the shops for breakfast then back to the pool to reflect on next season!

Ah NB....impressed by your self sacrifice... a true tough Chelsea man.....I don't envy you that breakfast..fresh bread rolls maybe?...a great cup of coffee?....and probably in tshirt and shorts...oh the hardship..... but of course...SOMEONE has to do it.

Not a good performance, the likes of Rudiger, Christeansen, Jorginho, Kepa, Caballero and Alonso must be shown the door by Frank, keeping them will almost certainly cost him his job.  Pedro was good when he came n, and it was so sad to see his career with us end the way it did.  We wee also unfortunate to lose Azpilicueta and Pulisic to hamstring injuries, and worse still, we had Stevie Wonder again as the ref and Mr Magoo operating VAR.  I hate Arsenal witha passion, the annoying thing most of all is that this Arsenal team is mediocre at best, and we made them look good.  Without Aubameyang they'd be in a relegation battle.  We really must get a top class goalie and at least 3 good defenders and a defensive midfielder if we are going to challenge for the title next season.