• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

On 7/26/2020 at 7:21 PM, paulw66 said:

Win this and it's been an incredible season, for various reasons

Its written in the stars ( I have my inter galactic sources).

On 7/26/2020 at 11:15 PM, CarefreeMuratcan said:

That is incredible to consider.

And even in the following trophyless seasons of 2011 and 2014 we mounted significant title challenges that only tailed off near the end of those seasons. 

The only quiet season in the Roman Era from a challenge front was the infamous 2015-2016 season.

When you lay it all out like this it's astonishing. Can never take it for granted. 

We moan a lot but we are quite a lucky bunch!

22 hours ago, bONes said:

Not sure where to post this, but here it is:

https://youtu.be/oylcYA6J5QU

Question. 

Has VAR done anything significant to stop the player argy bargy in the the pen area when a corner comes in? How many times has a pen been given for grabbing a pulling as ball comes...I doubt very often and yet we have chosen to go zonal ( now semi zonal!!) for this very reason. Just go back to man marking. You know your job . If an occasional pen is given for pulling I think its worth the price. The spaces we leave through zonal are shocking.

8 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Has VAR done anything significant to stop the player argy bargy in the the pen area when a corner comes in? How many times has a pen been given for grabbing a pulling as ball comes.

Good question.  But yes, there is much less argy bargy I reckon than in recent years.

The clip is interesting, clearly what players are doing in the early examples is illegal - blocking off the likes of Kante so that a corner passed to edge of the box leads to a clear shot on goal with no shot-blocker.  But it is still pretty mild compared to the blatant shirt tugging that went on before.

I'm not anti-zonal, it seemed to work for Sarri much better than it does for the current lot.  I think we need someone on the coaching staff who had played in the dark areas of the box.  (Allardyce part time).

Ham   
6 hours ago, bert19 said:

I mentioned this the other day: Christophe Lollichon & Carlo Cudicini both work at the club, But Hilario is the goalkeeping coach. 
Bit of a head scratcher that one..

Cech works at the club and he's NOT the GK coach above all 3 of them 🤷🏻‍♂️

bert19   
29 minutes ago, Ham said:

Cech works at the club and he's NOT the GK coach above all 3 of them 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeh, I mean he's basically the Sporting/Technical Director or Director of Football type figure, so I can live with that.  But if his goalkeeping coach is still around and so is Cudicini, surely they can put their skills to use to help here?

Edited by bert19

24 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Yeh, I mean he's basically the Sporting/Technical Director or Director of Football type figure, so I can live with that.  But if his goalkeeping coach is still around and so is Cudicini, surely they can put their skills to use to help here?

Adviser.  That is a big step down from Sporting or Technical Director.  Some journalists jumped the gun and got it wrong, but the myth still remains

Rob B   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Adviser.  That is a big step down from Sporting or Technical Director.  Some journalists jumped the gun and got it wrong, but the myth still remains

Timo Werner's first interview on the official CFC website today literally refers to Cech as the Sporting Director. 

I think you are getting hung up on semantics personally

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Timo Werner's first interview on the official CFC website today literally refers to Cech as the Sporting Director. 

I think you are getting hung up on semantics personally

Sporting Director is generally the boss above the  manager.  Cech is certainly not that.

and:  ‘I know of the players before when they won the Champions League with Drogba, with my new manager Frank Lampard, Petr Cech as the technical advisor, it is like a little dream for me but I want to become, not a same player like them, but I want to be part of a new era here so I will play to try to give my best.’
is in the text accompanying the clip.  So if he said Director in the video someone has thought it worthwhile correcting it.