• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

All the floors and vulnerabilities of the squad were there for all to see on the big stage and I am sure they were discussed with the hierarchy dueling franks debriefing.

Let the Arse have there Andy Warhol moment, its all history now and time to move on.

In franks two season as a manager he has managed to reach a final at wembley each season, unfortunately  he has lost both of them

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Post match Lampard said that the tactics were to press them which worked for the first goal then we just stopped doing it and started playing the ball around our own box in triangle inviting them on , something else he didn't want to happen.

I think we all know that Giroud can't press for 45 mins and it is daft to ask him to.  Once one drops off, they all drop off as they know it stops being effective.

Bison   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I said exactly the same thing myself , if you're a professional footballer , you shouldn't need every decision to be made for you , Reece , Jorginho and Azpi should have noticed immediately what was happening and stopped it.

Post match Lampard said that the tactics were to press them which worked for the first goal then we just stopped doing it and started playing the ball around our own box in triangle inviting them on , something else he didn't want to happen.

Once this Bayern Munich farce is over with expect a volcanic eruption and players flying out the door , Lamps has high standards , if they players haven't they'll be off.

I'm expecting , Kepa , Caballero , Christensen , Emerson, Jorginho , Willian and Pedro for starters .

He seems to say this a lot after defeats. Basically something along the lines of 'my plan was working then they stopped doing it'. A plan that isn't sustainable or only capable of being played for 10-20 minutes is no plan at all. I lose even more faith every time I hear him speak.

Leo91   

He's learning on the job. Remember this guys. But he has changed games in the past with brave decisions. Very disappointing game. Arsenal sat deep, we pushed up; they capitalized on the space in behind, we couldn't break them down. We fizzled out in the end but it was a piece of sheer quality from one of the best strikers in the world that finished us off. Just wasn't to be.  We move on and go again. 

Leo91   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think we all know that Giroud can't press for 45 mins and it is daft to ask him to.  Once one drops off, they all drop off as they know it stops being effective.

That nasty elbow to the back from Luiz was real clever. Goes unpunished and puts Olivier off his rhythm. 

Edited by Leo91

35 minutes ago, Bison said:

He seems to say this a lot after defeats. Basically something along the lines of 'my plan was working then they stopped doing it'. A plan that isn't sustainable or only capable of being played for 10-20 minutes is no plan at all. I lose even more faith every time I hear him speak.

The thing is, I understand what you are saying but I'm sure it's not as simple as press them we win goodnight. 

There will be all manner of instructions given to the players. 

I think we have wilfully thick senior players with a bit of the old green eye at the new players coming through. 

Mind you, we also managed to engineer a situation for ourself where half the squad don't even know if they're going to be here next year all whilst we were asking them to go for it so they lose their places to Werner, Ziyech and Havertz next season. 

Strange days. 

chara   
37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The thing is, I understand what you are saying but I'm sure it's not as simple as press them we win goodnight. 

I think we have wilfully thick senior players with a bit of the old green eye at the new players coming through. 

Mind you, we also managed to engineer a situation for ourself where half the squad don't even know if they're going to be here next year all whilst we were asking them to go for it so they lose their places to Werner, Ziyech and Havertz next season. 

Strange days. 

Indeed Strange days......anyone got an opinion regarding what might have happened if there had been no transfer ban?....who would have gone or been seriously sidelined...as Mark says about half the squad not being here next year..... was the ban a stay of "execution" for some?....would Frank have been appointed..tend to think he would as can't really see anyone else ,,,,, views?

chelboy   
33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Strange days. 

His words about passing the ball around and slowing down are aimed mainly at the midfielders, most obvious being Jorginho. It’s quite obvious Jorg likes a slow build up and slow tempo type of game. He likes spraying 5 yard passes back and forth especially with Kova but in the end we didn’t play anything in behind them. I don’t really think either midfielder can play quick intense tempo football which is pretty much what the manager wants. When we play direct the game gets stretched and Kova and Jorg tend to struggle in those moments. He is not the type to play lots of long passes and balls in behind like Cesc. I don’t really blame Jorg and Kova for playing at this sort of tempo because I don’t think they have the stamina to play the way the manager wants.  

16 minutes ago, chelboy said:

His words about passing the ball around and slowing down are aimed mainly at the midfielders, most obvious being Jorginho. It’s quite obvious Jorg likes a slow build up and slow tempo type of game

Did you watch Jorginho last year?  It was pinball football.  Not long balls, but very very rapid ones and rarely more than 2 touches.

I sometimes thing that during periods of frustration people imagine their own versions of the past 24 months.

chelboy   
12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Did you watch Jorginho last year?  It was pinball football.  Not long balls, but very very rapid ones and rarely more than 2 touches.

I sometimes thing that during periods of frustration people imagine their own versions of the past 24 months.

Pinball? Hardly, After the first 2 months it stopped, it became a slow build up and slow tempo. Only in the 2nd half of the Europa final was when I witnessed the good attacking football we played in the first two months. Between that it was usually a slower tempo. Pinball is what City play consistently.