• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

7 hours ago, Bison said:

He seems to say this a lot after defeats. Basically something along the lines of 'my plan was working then they stopped doing it'. A plan that isn't sustainable or only capable of being played for 10-20 minutes is no plan at all. I lose even more faith every time I hear him speak.

I have heard JM, Antonio Conte, Sarri and now Lampard all level the same accusations against these guys. Basically its an inability to carry out instructions.

If your boss gives you instructions to complete tasks in the workplace and you basically do it well 50% of the time, I think its fair to say this would go down on your performance evaluation and likely would lead to you being replaced. Lampard will have to get new recruits in - simple. And, by the sound of things, seems like he is already in the process of doing so.

10 hours ago, chara said:

Indeed Strange days......anyone got an opinion regarding what might have happened if there had been no transfer ban?....

Massimillano Allegri would be the coach

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If your boss gives you instructions to complete tasks in the workplace and you basically do it well 50% of the time, I think its fair to say this would go down on your performance evaluation and likely would lead to you being replaced.

If I only got 50% out of most of my staff, I'd be replaced. 

The average workplace probably isn't the most helpful analogy for Frank.

Rob B   
11 hours ago, chelboy said:

His words about passing the ball around and slowing down are aimed mainly at the midfielders, most obvious being Jorginho. It’s quite obvious Jorg likes a slow build up and slow tempo type of game. He likes spraying 5 yard passes back and forth especially with Kova but in the end we didn’t play anything in behind them. I don’t really think either midfielder can play quick intense tempo football which is pretty much what the manager wants. When we play direct the game gets stretched and Kova and Jorg tend to struggle in those moments. He is not the type to play lots of long passes and balls in behind like Cesc. I don’t really blame Jorg and Kova for playing at this sort of tempo because I don’t think they have the stamina to play the way the manager wants.  

I think you could level that accusation at almost everyone based on Saturday tbh. Azpi, James, Alonso were all playing it backwards, in a safe but uninspiring manner.  

Lampard talked afterwards about playing through the lines and intensity and I think that very simply, we got the goal, dropped back 10 yards due to a combination of taking the lead, being knackered and being frightened about the ball over the top (all sub-conscious actions and not deliberate) and it invited Arsenal onto us.  As a result you’re being pressed which means you start passing safer, drop even deeper etc and the rest is history. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we really should have brought Pedro on for Azpi and gone 4-3-3 when the injury occurred.  Mount would have dropped back to stop us getting overrun in midfield and we would have had more outlets for the defenders to pass to between the lines. 

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

If I only got 50% out of most of my staff, I'd be replaced. 

The average workplace probably isn't the most helpful analogy for Frank.

That would depend on how effective the previous management teams were at getting them to perform. 

If you think that Frank should be fired before he has the opportunity to make any real changes to a playing squad that has been consistently substandard for 3 seasons now then that's your opinion.

Thankfully the club doesn't seem to share that view.

4 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If you think that Frank should be fired before he has the opportunity to make any real changes to a playing squad that has been consistently substandard for 3 seasons now then that's your opinion.

lol, it's not my opinion. It's your deranged imagining of my opinion, because it's a nice, easy one to argue against.

Edited by thevelourfog

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

That would depend on how effective the previous management teams were at getting them to perform. 

In the previous 5 seasons we had 2 PL titles, an improvement and the EL in Sarris year, and two sackings.
The bar is very high.
66 points, no trophy and probably Last 16 of CL is a poor standard for Chelsea.  We got 67 points before RA had bought us.

Indeed the only RA seasons where we have had less points that the year before and not sacked the manager were 05/06 (91 points still title winners) and 06/07 (83 points, FA cup winners, LC winners, CL semis).  And he was gone by mid- September.

Besides this is the wrong question.  The right question is whether the club wants a finishing jockey riding next seasons chargers or a team of stable lads who will care about their long term development.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Besides this is the wrong question.  The right question is whether the club wants a finishing jockey riding next seasons chargers or a team of stable lads who will care about their long term development.

Umm - stable lads which got the club into the CL which is a better return than a couple of the previous managers during RA era. 

You are however correct regarding those stable lads needing to win or in the first three of the group 1 trials next season and possibly winning a classic later in the season, especially as the owner has strengthen his stable more thoroughbreds. "Watch out Aidan O'Brien" :0)

Rob B   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

In the previous 5 seasons we had 2 PL titles, an improvement and the EL in Sarris year, and two sackings.
The bar is very high.
66 points, no trophy and probably Last 16 of CL is a poor standard for Chelsea.  We got 67 points before RA had bought us.

Indeed the only RA seasons where we have had less points that the year before and not sacked the manager were 05/06 (91 points still title winners) and 06/07 (83 points, FA cup winners, LC winners, CL semis).  And he was gone by mid- September.

5 seasons ago we had the likes of Courtois, Azpil, Cahill, Ivanovic, Matic, Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Fabregas, Oscar etc all relatively somewhere near their prime.  That squad was night and day compared to the current squad and I'm pretty confident that the club know this and set the bar accordingly this season. 

In the last 3 years it's one FA Cup and one Europa League, and this season just gone has been one of, if not the weakest squad that we've had in the Abramovich era, yet we still finished joint third, got to the final of an FA Cup and at least the last 16 of the Champions League. 

The powers that be have clearly seen enough in Frank to back him in the transfer market this summer - and rightly so - but you're right, they will want some bang for their buck and expectations will change accordingly. 

52 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The powers that be have clearly seen enough in Frank to back him in the transfer market this summer

I'm not particularly disagreeing and I wouldn't say Frank has done a bad job overall ( some areas have been good some bad).
But as for your statement, the club are certainly backing the next manager with money.  Not sure we can say it is Frank yet.