• Current Donation Goals

My Blood Is Blue

Season expectations/predictions/peculiarities 2020/21

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes - this is what puzzles me so much about our results.

I'm happy that there is a lot of randomness in football and the lower PL teams have always had games where they beat big teams.
But the simple consistency of our results, the really strong correlation between opponent position and result is really odd.

Hard to know how to interpret it, but I do have the feeling it implies that we are performing well below our abilities.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Some talk today of both of them being contacted by the club. Think there will be a change before long.

Grant Yesterday, Allegri, Tuchel today, Hayes tomorrow

If Frank beats Fulham the rumours go away until the next defeat. I tin DWMH was correct earlier in the month when he said if the club were going to do it it would have been after the chitty match due to the 10 day before the next pl match

18 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Grant Yesterday, Allegri, Tuchel today, Hayes tomorrow

If Frank beats Fulham the rumours go away until the next defeat. I tin DWMH was correct earlier in the month when he said if the club were going to do it it would have been after the chitty match due to the 10 day before the next pl match

martin or TVF I suspect.  I have been expecting it for a couple of months, and still don't quite understand why we aren't on manager 3 already this year.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

martin or TVF I suspect.  I have been expecting it for a couple of months, and still don't quite understand why we aren't on manager 3 already this year.

Possibly Martin as well, but yes. I think Frank is here until May now, but not beyond that. That is though because I am more pessimistic than others, and think the season is (for want of a less melodramatic way of putting it) beyond saving now, and CL qualification needs too much of a turnaround in form and even with that lots of things at multiple other clubs going our way. 

I wish that Daily Mail article was true of us; we absolutely have not been capable of beating teams regardless of their form or position. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I was very much of the thinking that after the City game, we had 16 days until our next meaningful game, no disrespect to Morecambe or Fulham and that would have been the time to do it, if we were going to make a change any time soon.

The fact that we haven't made me believe the club are prepared to just wait it out until the summer. The Avram Grant rumours only cement that opinion in my mind. IF he has been contacted I think it was with a view of taking over until the end of the season, I can't for one minute believe we would want him to come in as a coach to help the current set up, it just makes no sense.

So, my conclusion is that the time to make a change, if we wanted Allegri or Tuchel was after the City game but we dont. We want someone that is highly unlikely to come until the summer so sounded out Grant in case it gets any worse and then we go for our top target at the end of the season.

Could well be Simeone. 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

The fact that we haven't made me believe the club are prepared to just wait it out until the summer.

Or maybe longer? The 'Lampard Out' rhetoric is taking place on here, and not necessarily at Board level. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it has legs either. Happy to wait and see what happens.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

I was very much of the thinking that after the City game, we had 16 days until our next meaningful game, no disrespect to Morecambe or Fulham and that would have been the time to do it, if we were going to make a change any time soon.

The fact that we haven't made me believe the club are prepared to just wait it out until the summer. The Avram Grant rumours only cement that opinion in my mind. IF he has been contacted I think it was with a view of taking over until the end of the season, I can't for one minute believe we would want him to come in as a coach to help the current set up, it just makes no sense.

So, my conclusion is that the time to make a change, if we wanted Allegri or Tuchel was after the City game but we dont. We want someone that is highly unlikely to come until the summer so sounded out Grant in case it gets any worse and then we go for our top target at the end of the season.

Could well be Simeone. 

FB_IMG_1610561821491.jpg

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Or maybe longer? The 'Lampard Out' rhetoric is taking place on here, and not necessarily at Board level. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it has legs either. Happy to wait and see what happens.

Maybe, but I'd be amazed if it doesn't have legs. Even more amazed if discussions haven't already taken place at board level. 

It will take a monumental shift in results and performances for Frank to be here next year.