• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Ben Chillwell

bert19   

Great stuff.  Getting our business done promptly with a player that could be here long term.  Good luck to him! 

Sir   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not convinced - but I'm open to persuasion.  As Joan Armourplating would sing.

Why so? I don’t watch much football anymore unfortunately, so I have no idea if he’s any good or not.

Just now, Sir said:

Why so? I don’t watch much football anymore unfortunately, so I have no idea if he’s any good or not.

Well I too will be looking at him closely for the first time when he appears for us (out with injury so it might be a while - which perhaps explains why we didn't announce this earlier).

What I think now has very little weight compared to 3 or 10 games in.  My hunch is that he is great for a team competing for 3rd or 4th, but only a bit part player in an 85+point team.  But it is a hunch set in blancmange.

Welcome Ben Chilwell!

Perhaps a bit unfair but I’m not convinced he’ll make the cut. I do struggle to see how he’ll be any worse than Alonso/Emerson. But for £50m you’d expect a clear improvement. 

Nonetheless, he’s of good age and English. Think he’ll gel with the rest of the team seamlessly. Will be very interesting to see how him and some of the younger lads will take to Silva (if he signs) and how they react to him being made captain (read some rumours in the press today saying Lamps would make Thiago Silva club captain). 

Here’s for hoping he will be a massive success at the club. 

Welcome!

Very pleased with this signing. Maybe I'm overrating him but I think he's a big improvement on our current left back options.

Ham   
26 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Welcome!

Very pleased with this signing. Maybe I'm overrating him but I think he's a big improvement on our current left back options.

Much more pace and intensity going forward (and getting back hopefully).

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Much more pace and intensity going forward (and getting back hopefully).

If he is asked to play as advanced as all our FBs over the past 3 managers then he isn't going to be getting back.   It isn't about getting back nowadays, it is about dragging the AM with you and letting someone else cover the space.