• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 1

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Pre-Season Friendly match against Brighton and Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hrs on Saturday, 29th August 2020 (Local UK time/date).

JaneB   
11 hours ago, tizerist said:

Is it hoping too much that this will be broadcast somewhere?

Yes, probably :-(

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/08/26/brighton-trial-return-of-fans-at-friendly

Not really the right thread for this, but seemed better to put here and clog up any others. How do people think we are likely to line up next season, presuming Havertz is probably the final outfield player deal to complete. Not sure whats going to happen on GK front, but I suspect a good shorter term signing for this season is the likely option we will look at. Maybe Foster, Romero type signing.

We do have some good really good options, I am struggling to fit Havertz in straight away and I expect some rotation between Giroud, Tammy, Werner in the No 9 position will open up games for Havertz, Pulisic , Ziyech to come in and out of the team.

CHO might be the player who really finds himself struggling for game time. He was generally disappointing last season, but maybe he will need to look at some time away on loan. RCL has chances to play deeper as all our central options came in and out last season, I think if he stays fit and finds some form, then he could cement a place in the team here.

I still expect Giroud to be heavily involved, I think Frank really started to respect and understand his impact in final quarter of last season. I think he could be a very useful player for the likes of Havertz and Werner to play off. First game of the season, I can see a team similar to below, if all players involved are still with the club.

Foster

James/Azpi       Silva       Rudiger      Chilwell

Mount    Kante   Kovacic

Ziyech       Giroud       Werner

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

18 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I'll keep my eyes peeled. 

Your showing your age " Police 5" :0)

JaneB   
50 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Not really the right thread for this, but seemed better to put here and clog up any others. How do people think we are likely to line up next season, presuming Havertz is probably the final outfield player deal to complete. Not sure whats going to happen on GK front, but I suspect a good shorter term signing for this season is the likely option we will look at. Maybe Foster, Romero type signing.

We do have some good really good options, I am struggling to fit Havertz in straight away and I expect some rotation between Giroud, Tammy, Werner in the No 9 position will open up games for Havertz, Pulisic , Ziyech to come in and out of the team.

CHO might be the player who really finds himself struggling for game time. He was generally disappointing last season, but maybe he will need to look at some time away on loan. RCL has chances to play deeper as all our central options came in and out last season, I think if he stays fit and finds some form, then he could cement a place in the team here.

I still expect Giroud to be heavily involved, I think Frank really started to respect and understand his impact in final quarter of last season. I think he could be a very useful player for the likes of Havertz and Werner to play off. First game of the season, I can see a team similar to below, if all players involved are still with the club.

Foster

Mount    Kante   Kovacic

There is now a thread for our expectations for next season :-)

Rob B   
56 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Foster

Mount    Kante   Kovacic

Some interesting dynamics when considering the first 11 to be picked against Brighton given that it is only now 2.5 weeks away;

Firstly, is Mount going to be ready as he is currently quarantining? There are rumoured to be 7 others in the same position, but Mount is probably the only nailed-on starter if you assume Pulisic is still injured.  Is Chilwell going to be fit as I understand he is currently injured?  Will Silva be given a break as his season has only just finished? I read this morning that he also needs to quarantine when he arrives?   

To say there are lots of moving parts at the moment is an understatement.  What we do know is that Azpi and Kante are now fit, Ziyech is likely to play given the departures of Willian and Pedro, and Werner surely has to be in somewhere too.  I would therefore expect it to look a bit more like this (initially): 

Kepa 

Azpi       Rudiger.   Zouma.  

James     Kante.   Kovacic    Alonso 

Ziyech.   Giroud.   Werner 

But I expect this to change very quickly after the first few games, starting with the keeper,  and also the formation.  Mount, Silva, Chilwell and Havertz will all play more games than not next season IMO, which I think will see us move more towards something like this (injuries, form and rotation permitting): 

New Keeper 

Azpi/RJ.    Zouma    Silva.    Chilwell 

Mount    Kante    Havertz 

Ziyech.       Werner.      Pulisic 

JaneB   
23 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Must be on somewhere........... I'll keep my eyes peeled. 

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/08/28/watch-chelsea-s-first-pre-season-fixture-live-

Here you go Paul (and others) :-)