• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Thiago Silva

chara   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think he was still playing for PSG until last weekend.  Some game being played somewhere.

A bit awkward for too many leaving stories to have come out earlier.

Hmm..there is that of course.....any thoughts on how long this has been "in the works" ?....can't imagine it was a spur of the moment decision...

ury8c0lkf3k51.jpg

Now, this is nicer than PSG shirts isn't it? 

Welcome Thiago and family. 

• Like 2

JaneB   

Lovely pic :-)

I'm hoping, and I'm pretty sure this will be the case, that as soon as this guy walks onto the field he will bring an air of authority and leadership which we have been badly missing.  He has a great aura about him.

Jasonb   

An interesting move by the club, we have seen plenty of aging forwards purchased yet I don't recall too many defenders.

Players from the French League I recall that have succeeded were Leboeuf and Desailly .

A 1 year contract is also unusual looks like he is hedging his bets in case it does not work out.

Despite the 1 year contract I think he might well do well here. 

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

Players from the French League I recall that have succeeded were Leboeuf and Desailly.

Gallas, Drogba, Essien, Malouda, Cech? Or am I missing something? Desailly came from Serie A, didn't he?

44 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Gallas, Drogba, Essien, Malouda, Cech? Or am I missing something? Desailly came from Serie A, didn't he?

Missing some bloke called Hazard from Lille.

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Blimey! That's why I'm wondering if I'm missing something with Jason's post. If anything and if pushed I'd probably say the French league is the one we've had most success buying from!

Just now, thevelourfog said:

Blimey! That's why I'm wondering if I'm missing something with Jason's post. If anything and if pushed I'd probably say the French league is the one we've had most success buying from!

Yes.  Mind you to be fair PSG is not "in" the French League.  Rather it sits "on top" the French league.  A 31 point cushion in 2016.  That is why the world went crazy for Monaco players when they briefly usurped them in 2017.

Jasonb   
21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I was thinking defenders and for me Gallas is a good shout.

JaneB   

Oh my goodness, he's a fine figure of a man.  Can't take my eyes off those thighs!!!

silva.jpg