• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 3

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Brighton and Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:15 hrs. on Monday, 14th September 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

paulw66   

So we have just the one friendly before the real thing starts? 

Going to be tricky integrating half a new team so quickly

20 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Well at least we are well prepared to play Brighton.
Brighton on the other hand won't have a clue what they will face.

Neither do I.

JaneB   
41 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think so Paul.  I can't find any info about any more friendlies.  I guess with the internationals as well, time has run out

3pt point banker for Frank "Hopefully" - Could not bare the thought of the listening to certain sky pundits gloating about the the loss

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

3pt point banker for Frank "Hopefully" - Could not bare the thought of the listening to certain sky pundits gloating about the the loss

I suppose it all depends if they're gifted two more penalties which I expect will be the story of the season for us.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I suppose it all depends if they're gifted two more penalties which I expect will be the story of the season for us.

That, and red cards

Why on earth they felt the need to play international games before the season starts is beyond me, they claim not to be friendlies, but that really is all they are. Makes it a lot harder for us to introduce the new players, which could be tricky in that second game vs Liverpool! I would expect to see Silva, Werner and Ziyech start (if Ziyech is fit); Werner and Ziyech have been training with the team for a while and Silva is so experienced I think he can comfortably be dropped in and we desperately need him back there. Havertz I would guess off the bench and Chilwell injured.

My guess is:

Kepa

Azpilicueta  -  Zouma  -  Silva  -  Alonso

Kante  -  Jorginho

Ziyech  -  Mount  -  CHO

Werner

Subs: Caballero, James, Rudiger, RLC, Havertz, Tammy, Giroud

edit - I'm assuming Pulisic isn't fit enough yet.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

Ham   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Why on earth they felt the need to play international games before the season starts is beyond me, they claim not to be friendlies, but that really is all they are. Makes it a lot harder for us to introduce the new players, which could be tricky in that second game vs Liverpool! I would expect to see Silva, Werner and Ziyech start (if Ziyech is fit); Werner and Ziyech have been training with the team for a while and Silva is so experienced I think he can comfortably be dropped in and we desperately need him back there. Havertz I would guess off the bench and Chilwell injured.

My guess is:

Kepa

Azpilicueta  -  Zouma  -  Silva  -  Alonso

Kante  -  Jorginho

Ziyech  -  Mount  -  CHO

Werner

Subs: Caballero, James, Rudiger, RLC, Havertz, Tammy, Giroud

edit - I'm assuming Pulisic isn't fit enough yet.

Chilwell has been training for a few days now. 

Edited by Ham

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Chilwell has been training for a few days now. 

Has he been doing full first-team training? My assumption was he was about 3 weeks away from full fitness when we signed him, so wasn't expecting to see him until the League cup match at earliest?