• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 3

Lamptey was in the last 6 months of his contract and wanted to leave, guess he thought he wouldn't get ahead of James and Azpi. I don't really blame the club getting something for him, and he was offered a new contract. My guess is we weren't in any position to insert a buy back, maybe a % of next sale.

He made the right decision too tbf.

Edited by Lump Of Celery

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Lamptey was in the last 6 months of his contract and wanted to leave, guess he thought he wouldn't get ahead of James and Azpi. I don't really blame the club getting something for him, and he was offered a new contract. My guess is we weren't in any position to insert a buy back, maybe a % of next sale.

He made the right decision too tbf.

For all the nonsense that gets written about us and players, Lamptey has shown the way, just don’t sign a contract.

JaneB   

First game, away win, not great, players missing, enough said.  

No need to start the inevitable 'everything is still awful'

The only thing I would say is that Frank has just said he is happy with Kepa (I don't think he is).

Lovely interview from Werner. 

Thought Christensen really impressed for a change, seemed aggressive in the tackle and looked every bit the cultured defender he was originally seen as. 

Kepa - poor needs replacing. Kante looked back to himself and am excited for the prospect of Zyiech in this team. Can’t believe people are questioning Frank already when we have Pulisic missing and a number of new signings to bed in - honestly get a grip! 

• Like 3

JaneB   
3 minutes ago, Daryl Blanche said:

Thought Christensen really impressed for a change, seemed aggressive in the tackle and looked every bit the cultured defender he was originally seen as. 

Kepa - poor needs replacing. Kante looked back to himself and am excited for the prospect of Zyiech in this team. Can’t believe people are questioning Frank already when we have Pulisic missing and a number of new signings to bed in - honestly get a grip! 

Get a grip? On the matchday thread? You must be joking!! 🙄

Agree on Christensen. Good game from him. Important to acknowledge when he actually does play well. 

Also worth noting that it's maybe 6 players we were missing from what will likely be our best XI - new goalkeeper (Mendy), Pulisic, Kovacic, Ziyech, Chilwell and Silva. And arguably Azpi would have started at LB if he'd been back in training longer. 

Hope the team for Liverpool is closer to full strength.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

Rob B   
29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I am honestly beginning to think Lampard is clueless. 

Bit harsh isn’t it!? 

Granted we were really poor, but my god, we haven’t even had a pre-season.  We had half the squad quarantining, then the international break comes along, mixed in with a load of new arrivals, and probably 5-8 players still training with the team that need to be gone.

It’s about as chaotic a preparation for a new season as you could possibly get. We need to give them at least 10-15 games to find a rhythm and understand each other IMO.

Defence looked quite solid today, but we got it badly wrong higher up the pitch. We had three number 10s on the pitch, but two of which were playing out wide, and two who do not track back and work hard at all.  RLC and Harvertz should not share a pitch again for a while!  Both players who offer nothing in terms of pressing or defensive play.

Edited by Rob B