• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 3

Bison   
32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I am honestly beginning to think Lampard is clueless.

Oh there's no doubt about that. He absolutely is clueless and has nobody in his coaching staff to mask his lack of ability.

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Bit harsh isn’t it!? 

Granted we were really poor, but my god, we haven’t even had a pre-season.  We had half the squad quarantining, then the international break come along. 

People were (rightly) complaining about the defending last season. The CBs were both solid this game. There was an occasion where I think Dunk got a free header but thats about it.

The goal should've been a routine save for Kepa as much as I feel sorry for the bloke. If anything, we looked short of attacking ideas and I can't help but feel that's to do with the fact we were playing Loftus-Cheek who looks utterly shot and Pulisic wasn't available. Havertz was also poor but can hardly be blamed after being with the team for a week.

Whether you think Frank is up to the task or not, this match is not a good example to support the argument that he's not.

Ham   
36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Dreadful first half, utterly terrible. 

Second half marginally better, Kante woke up for a start. 

Barkley probably our best player which says it all. 

I'd be enticing West Ham to part with Rice by offering RLC in part exchange. 

Kepa played like Gordon Banks. One eyed and dead. 

Brighton better than us in every aspect of the game and deserved more. 

Unfortunately I fear that West Ham have access to TVs. 

18 minutes ago, Daryl Blanche said:

Thought Christensen really impressed for a change, seemed aggressive in the tackle and looked every bit the cultured defender he was originally seen as. 

Kepa - poor needs replacing. Kante looked back to himself and am excited for the prospect of Zyiech in this team. Can’t believe people are questioning Frank already when we have Pulisic missing and a number of new signings to bed in - honestly get a grip! 

Agree with this and great to see some input from new members. 

36 minutes ago, ugogbuzue said:

Do you think Lampard is equal to the task? He seemed lost.

Seems like a troll or a bot?

chelboy   
37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Dreadful first half, utterly terrible. 

Second half marginally better, Kante woke up for a start. 

Barkley probably our best player which says it all. 

I'd be enticing West Ham to part with Rice by offering RLC in part exchange. 

Kepa played like Gordon Banks. One eyed and dead. 

Brighton better than us in every aspect of the game and deserved more. 

The lack of pre season will make Lamps have to experiment a bit. We need to be patient. I just hope his plans aren’t to use Havertz out wide very often. Him and Mount should be our CM’s for the next 5 years plus. Today both spent more time running backwards out wide than forwards. We couldn’t get them into the game and they couldn’t really support Werner which I was worried about from the start. I prefer both making late runs into the box rather than early runs in high positions. Thats more what players like Pulisic/ CHO and Werner do. 

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Oh there's no doubt about that. He absolutely is clueless and has nobody in his coaching staff to mask his lack of ability.

So why do so many of us disagree with you?

A cretinous post following a 3-1 opening day win.

• Like 2

Not everything is going to click on game one for any team, the negativity of people saying Frank doesn’t  have a clue is astounding. 

He has 6 brand new players who he’s barely learnt about in training. He’s still hindered by the goalkeeping situation and our most inform player at the restart Pulisic is out. Don’t see how you can’t be happy with a ground out 3-1 on the opening day considering the above! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chelboy said:

Seems Pulisic suffered a knock in training which is why he wasn’t in the squad. 

Hamstring against Arsenal I thought.

Ham   

Widely reported that we've now reached 2000 premier league points but I read somewhere that this was also our 600th win in total and 400th premier league win under Roman.