• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 3

chelboy   
3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Hamstring against Arsenal I thought.

He came back from that but suffered something again this week. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Widely reported that we've now reached 2000 premier league points but I read somewhere that this was also our 600th win in total and 400th premier league win under Roman. 

And incredibly add those 3 figures together and you get a total of 3000.....which just happens to be the exact amount of goals we have scored under Roman in all competitions!! 😱

4 minutes ago, chelboy said:

He came back from that but suffered something again this week. 

Jesus Christ. Havertz with massive ice pack on his leg after game. 

Ham   
11 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Jesus Christ. Havertz with massive ice pack on his leg after game. 

Wasn't that Werner?

Ham   
14 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

And incredibly add those 3 figures together and you get a total of 3000.....which just happens to be the exact amount of goals we have scored under Roman in all competitions!! 😱

Confused.gif.4f0bada605baf7df3c79c94c2b46f4e2.gif

Mind...Blown

Not the most cohesive performance. Lacked width a bit and quick passing movements. 

On the bright side Werner was as sharp as a tack, good movement and really does bend his runs well to attempt to stay onside. 

Havertz struggled a little, but some classy touches and ran 70 yards at the end of the game to correct a mistake - fair play to him. With the players we have to come in, we can only get better. 

Sluggish, but as Lampard said - we might have drawn the same game last season. 

Glad to win but we were way off the pace. If Brighton could finish we would have been in big trouble. That said, I'm pretty sure we would have drawn or lost this kind of game last season.

Positives:

- Werner. Looked constantly dangerous and worked his socks off. When the rest of the team is clicking I think he's going to score a lot of goals for us.

- Reece James grew into the game and the goal was stunning. Frankly he bailed us out.

- Christensen was very good tonight. I'm not his biggest fan but he looked comfortable and made some crucial interceptions. Hope he keeps that up.

- Three points! The most important thing.

Negatives:

- Kepa should have saved the goal clearly. But for me what was equally concerning was the way he flapped and seemed incapable of dealing with balls into the box. His indecisiveness is likely to be down to confidence. Still, we need a new keeper in asap.

- Loftus-Cheek was dreadful in my opinion. Absolutely appalling. He looked off the pace and couldn't string passes together. I've never been so relieved to see Ross Barkley on.

- I thought Alonso looked like he was running in treacle when up against Lamptey. Might be down to fitness.

Still, the only thing we will remember in the long run is we got 3 points in a game that proved difficult. Just need to up our game for Liverpool.

KTBFFH

27 minutes ago, Ham said:

Wasn't that Werner?

Yes it was sorry. He said he got it when kicked for penalty. Said he was in pain for rest of game. Actually makes his performance even better.

Don't worry about Havertz as he will be great. The way he always keeps the ball low when he shoots reminds of Jimmy Floyd H. 

This was a strange game due to new players, players not knowing each other, zero pre season, internationals, injuries etc. 

3 points on the board. Lets forget it and worry about dippers.

Oh and just read that Klopp has been having a pop at Chelsea due to our high spending!! Not sure what our net spend is over last 2 seasons but I bet its a darn site less than the dippers. Lamps was laughing apparently.

I have feeling him and Lamps don't get on? 

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Oh and just read that Klopp has been having a pop at Chelsea due to our high spending!! Not sure what our net spend is over last 2 seasons but I bet its a darn site less than the dippers. Lamps was laughing apparently.

I have feeling him and Lamps don't get on? 

Lampard should ignore the hypocrite. The best response is by wining on Sunday.