• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 3

Just now, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Klopp doing a Wenger. Moaning with a little bit of a point, but mainly because it effects him and his team and he is frustrated. We are getting lots of stick again which I understand. At least we won’t be getting the what you going to do when your sugar daddy leaves comments.

I don't think they have got a point. We are one of the few teams who respected the fifa fair play rules ( I don't hear Klopp having a pop at City) , United spent 200 mill last season ( don't hear Klopp having a pop at United) , Liverpool's squad was not built on a shoestring .. It cost big money and Dippers regularly outspent us. And finally Kloppy, we got 150mill from Hazard sale burning a hole in our balance sheet and two seasons of spending to do in one season. I'm sure you'd love a little walk in the park this season. Toothy idiot. 

7 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Oh and just read that Klopp has been having a pop at Chelsea due to our high spending!! Not sure what our net spend is over last 2 seasons but I bet its a darn site less than the dippers. Lamps was laughing apparently.

I have feeling him and Lamps don't get on? 

I think Klopp is worried about our ceiling tbf. Lampard would do well not to get drawn in. 

Timo Werner looks absolute class. Positioning and acceleration seems top notch. He really has a motor on him. The difference calculated speed up top makes is huge. Teams could play us a certain way with Giroud. Difficult to do with Werner up top. 

I am a little worried about our tactical set up. We cannot play both Mount and Kai on the wings like this every again. No threat down the wings, and extremely vulnerable down the flanks. It might have worked if RLC had a world class performance, or if we had someone like Zidane playing in the middle. But we do not. Kai should have had the role of RLC last night. I believe Lampard was too slow to make the right changes. 

Edited by Ibn Battuta

Blue Rod   

New players, same manager, same old problems. Disorganised in attack, 2nd to every loose ball, meaning no anticipation whatsoever. Brighton moved through our midfield with such ease they could have been facing a Championship team. 

I always said that Lampard needs to do a lot of work on the team. And I didn't mean signing new players, important as that is. So far it seems that is the only work he's done since last season. 

1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

New players, same manager, same old problems. 

One game in. 3 points. 3 goals. Same old moaning.  I seemed to remember a bet we had last season at some point. I said we'd finish top 4 and you said we had no chance!! 

54 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I live in Brighton and know lots of Seagull fans. They have been raving about Lamptey since he arrived. They think they got a bargain.

Lamptey is some player. The club tried to tie him down but he chose to move on. Probably the right move for him considering he had both Azpi and James ahead of him. But in hindsight it would have been nice to have him and James at RB and Azpi and Chilwell at LB...

38 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

They did. He is a very good player and a shame he left but he made the right decision.

Holymoly   

I don't know what to say after that, but when did that ever stop me from dumping in my two bob's worth?

How on earth we won that by scoring three goals I have no idea. We were disorganised in attack, midfield was invisible and the goalkeeper was shakey. Amazingly the only area of the pitch that could be said to have been an improvement over last season was in defense and you could argue that  three of those players probably wouldn't make the starting lineup if everyone was fit.

I'd agree with Frank however that last season we may well have ended up dropping points after the equalizer.

Werner showed an attacking edge that might be useful should he ever find himself with support either side of him. Similarly Havertz seemed to have something about him but with a lack of a midfield to operate with him he was a tad ineffectual. I kept thinking if we had Hazard in this situation he would have energised the team into some sort of pro-action. As it was we had Mount out of position, RLC playing like he'd never seen a football before and the two full backs had no midfield to overlap.

I suppose the important thing is 3 points, especially with the Scum at the weekend. Hopefully some of last night's absentees will be ready by then and Werner's knee doesn't blow up like a balloon.

Edited by Holymoly

Not a match I will spend too long thinking or worrying about to be honest. Poor performance for sure, but job done and we start with a win.

Positives - Zouma and Christensen did fairly well, but stiffer tasks ahead. Werner looked very sharp in that first half and Barkley improved the team when he came on.

Negatives - The shape/formation didn't look right and didn't seem to suit any of the midfielders. RLC was woeful after being given a chance to impress, looks more a mental issue to me. Havertz probably the less said about that debut the better, but its one game after a few days training and in a new league. Still maintain that we look a far better team centrally with Kovacic than without him. Glad to have him back available at the weekend and he needs to start.

Again, we concede a goal that the GK should save and it has the potential to completely change the result. We got bailed out but an undeserved great goal a minute later. The Kepa mistakes will continue to happen, getting bailed out by 30 yard rockets moments later , will not continue to happen!

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I live in Brighton and know lots of Seagull fans. They have been raving about Lamptey since he arrived. They think they got a bargain.

he will look even better in the championship next season :0)

2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

When he came on for Chelsea at Arsenal he was also magnificent. And he wasn't up against Alonso. In fact he has not played a bad game since I've been watching him in the PL.

yeah - looks good in a side destined for the championship.

If he was that good, one of the bigger boys in the PL would have taken him or even  a Bundesliga team "the current trend"