• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 3

6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Just been watching their goal again. Kepa should have done better but, to me, the chief mistake was Mount (I think) going to help Alonso and leaving Trossard with too much space. 

Nah. It is on Kepa. People can point to various mistakes whenever a goal is conceded and bar when they throw one in, no goal is exclusively a GK's fault. However, if you want to be a big club winning things you need a GK that will bail you out at times. Kepa, doesn't do this, in fact he doesn't even make basic saves. Kepa is a complete busted flush as the problems he has are so many and he hasn't shown anything in his career to show that he may improve. This was obvious towards the end of his first season when people started to target him. 

chara   
7 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Just been watching their goal again. Kepa should have done better but, to me, the chief mistake was Mount (I think) going to help Alonso and leaving Trossard with too much space. 

Good comment..never quite a simple as it looks.

The issue with Kepa is that prior to flapping at the cross like he was falling off a stepladder and throwing one in he'd been adequate, had shown little of his normal jittery self but still eventually reverted to type. 

Nice lad, not good enough. 

Next. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

kratos   
14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The issue with Kepa is that prior to flapping at the cross like he was falling off a stepladder and throwing one in he'd been adequate, had shown little of his normal jittery self but still eventually reverted to type. 

Next. 

Lol glad your not my boss Mark.

28 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Next. 

His speed up off the ground following the save from Alzate shot was quite impressive. Few in the league could have matched that. Parts of his game are pretty good.......just the bit where he has to stop the ball going in the net let’s him down! 

chelboy   
55 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Just like we can blame the players for not stopping the Zaha shot or Keita shot too? Long shots happen for every team and you can’t block them all.  It’s just that our GK is the worst at dealing with them in the league. It’s a straight forward save, the chief mistake was the GK. 

Mount had to help double up on Lamptey as he had been getting the better of Alonso all game. It’s a simple shot with very little power. The ball goes under his hands which shows he could have reached it. It’s just very poor goalkeeping. Look at his positioning when the shot is taken. He is far too left of his goal not to mention his very little footwork. 

chelboy   
8 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

His speed up off the ground following the save from Alzate shot was quite impressive. Few in the league could have matched that. Parts of his game are pretty good.......just the bit where he has to stop the ball going in the net let’s him down! 

Maybe it was just the camera angle but that shot looked very down the middle ish. It’s a easier save to make and a good height. 

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Thank you. 

and welcome back 

Thanks Paul.

4 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Also wasn't/isn't a defender

Yes blimey Pete, you've been lurking too!! Whole lot of lurking going on. Feels like the old team is getting back together ( Bobs back now too and I even saw chrisb back on the site!).