• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 3

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Great to have you back Pete! 

Thanks Mark. I think you and I have shared feelings about our club at the mo', but hey, it's early days yet ain't it and we can perhaps reconsider after.......after.........we’ll after how many games would you say mate? I'm gonna call 6 and then again after 10.

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

He is lurking.

Sadly Michael still not :-(

Why has Michael abandoned ship?

8 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes blimey Pete, you've been lurking too!! Whole lot of lurking going on. Feels like the old team is getting back together ( Bobs back now too and I even saw chrisb back on the site!). 

Hi Nobly. I hope things are OK for you? Few if any gigs I imagine?

Meanwhile, maybe I'm having a mental blackout, ( very possible...damn that party in 68), but who do you mean by “Chrisb”?

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes blimey Pete, you've been lurking too!! Whole lot of lurking going on. Feels like the old team is getting back together ( Bobs back now too and I even saw chrisb back on the site!). 

When is the single being released?

JaneB   
8 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Why has Michael abandoned ship?

I don't know :-(

(See NEW FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT 2020)

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

You think it was one of those...., Well think again and try harder this time. Because what you've just written never took place. You seem so desperate to win an argument that you make up a story. How sad.

I do get an awful lot of my predictions right. That is factual. But I have never said that everything I predicted came true. I would never have bet against us finishing top 4, because the quality of the teams and managers below us didn't pose much of a threat to us. 

(I guess you're chatting to me). Calm down calm down I was only joking about the £500!! ( it was grand)

However I did put you on the spot when you kept banging on about how useless Lampard was( and you do remember moaning about him don't you). . I said something like " well you like getting a prediction right Blue Rod , so what's the odds on Chelsea finishing 4th" and you said ( words to this effect) " absolute zero if they keep playing this dross" . So I couldn't get you to completely commit and you left yourself a little get out "if", but you barely said a good word about him after that so I don't think you had a change of heart. But if we had finished 5th I reckon you would have no problem remembering those predictions. But he did get 4th, very nearly 3rd and but for a shocking ref display ( which I still haven't got over) the FA cup.

I think you should find your happy place because despite a dull opening this is going to be a great season.  We are going to push all the way and win a trophy. 

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Just been watching their goal again. Kepa should have done better but, to me, the chief mistake was Mount (I think) going to help Alonso and leaving Trossard with too much space. 

While Mount should have closed Trossard down, the fact is that it wasn't the most powerful of shots... it was very much "hit it and hope for the best". Trossard tried his luck precisely because he knew he stood a chance against Kepa. And he scored precisely because Kepa was in goal. A top keeper stops that going in. That we don't have a top keeper will continue to hold us back until we do get one. Maybe that will be Mendy. Maybe Mendy is seen as competition to Kepa now and 2nd choice to an even better keeper  next season. Who knows?

Look at previous PL winners. Any of them have a keeper as poor as Kepa?

6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Hi Nobly. I hope things are OK for you? Few if any gigs I imagine?

Meanwhile, maybe I'm having a mental blackout, ( very possible...damn that party in 68), but who do you mean by “Chrisb”?

He used to post a lot. Just seen a post from him. 

Yes live music hit the buffers very early on.

5 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

The planet Zarg ma'am, at least that's how our planet has appeared to me for some months now. 

How will it end? When will it end? Indeed, will it end? 

Me not know.

Welcome back! Good start for the mighty Wolves huh? 

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Just been watching their goal again. Kepa should have done better but, to me, the chief mistake was Mount (I think) going to help Alonso and leaving Trossard with too much space. 

Not buying that. Shots from outside the area where your keeper has free sight of the ball and the shot isn’t even that good. 

Kepa has conceded 19 (!!!) goals from outside the area at Chelsea. That’s so remarkably bad it’s actually hard to believe. He simply fails with basic saves far too often, has a GK technique that makes saving harder and has a slow reaction. 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The issue with Kepa is that prior to flapping at the cross like he was falling off a stepladder and throwing one in he'd been adequate, had shown little of his normal jittery self but still eventually reverted to type. 

Nice lad, not good enough. 

Next. 

Indeed.