• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 3

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I have read a few comments bemoaning the club's "decision" to let him go, when in fact the club wanted him to stay but he decided to leave to get first team football. 

Sure, the club wanted to keep him. But he knew that they wanted to keep him and loan him out. He chose to go somewhere where he was really wanted and would get minutes so fair play to him. 

If the club really believed in him and wanted him to stay he would have stayed. 

I liked Werner, Mount mostly, Jorginho and Kante, Christensen and James.
Havertz - on my tiny screen he seemed invisible and I have no idea where he was playing, but am happy to wait until he is 24 before we judge.

22 hours ago, Ham said:

RLC is the big loser tonight.  Chalk and cheese with Barkley.  

I honestly wonder whether Lampard will forget that awful performance.  He looks lazy, heavy and nervous.  

So many academy players have passed him. I think it's all downhill for him now.  It's not even a knee jerk decision either. 

Saves me the effort.

22 hours ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

I think his body is letting him down. All those injuries are taking there toll.

There really has been just one injury.

22 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Dreadful first half, utterly terrible. 

I am honestly beginning to think Lampard is clueless. 

Brighton better than us in every aspect of the game and deserved more. 

There is a lot in this - though H2 was better (and I had the advantage of knowing the final score before I saw their equaliser.
Can someone explain to me the formation?  I just couldn't understand it - 4222 some said.
My main concern is that in a squad with too many players we start with players who should be on their way now or January.  The job of a PL winning manager is to focus on the 16 or 17 players that will win him the title.  Sod the rest of them - a big squad will be a massive hassle if you do badly, and will behave brilliantly if you are doing well even if never picked.  Conte was brutal, and the dumped players brilliant.

The good news is we scored from a corner!!!!  And didn't concede from 4!!!   The appear to have been practicing this season - which is a brand new thing! Perhaps it is that coach from Wigan who learnt it in the Championship.
And they used our best crosser to take the corners (ditto).  Anyone would think that they practiced 100 corners and choose the best taker from each side.
It has been a very long wait.  Next I want to see hand signals and to see runners running loops and ending up where the ball drops.  Like other clubs do.

16 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Agreed with SFL - we would have lost points in that type of game last year. We've got to get some time to work with this group IMO.

Well yes - but then he had a year to work last season too, and was essentially playing the identical system to the year before.
It is a pretty damning comment really.

9 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

RLC looked way off the pace, but he was out for 13 months and played very little once he returned. 

He was out for 4 months - a little longer than CHO.  Like CHO he has failed to get games on form, not fitness.  Everything else is in his head.  Play or retire.

8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Probably a work in progress. He hasn't yet finished the chapter on RLC.

:)   I think the RLC chapter is finished - and it is not longer just me who is writing it.
He reminds me of a player that long ago decided to just take the money for the remainder of his contract and is rather put out to find himself actually picked.

8 hours ago, JaneB said:
10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Even Cole was 5"9 and he was the best player in the world in his position.

I think Joe Cole was actually only 5'7

Best player in the world in his position.  Somehow I have a hunch that Paul was talking about Ashley, not Joe.

6 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

On that subject, Droy was very prominent by his absence on the MDF last night. Might have been for the first time in my memory. Maybe others might remember others or know more about this present occurrence.

Hope he's OK. You know, given "the times we're living through" and all that.

He's been working - actually working with people, not even online!
So watched the Chelsea TV version tonight.
Actually I am rarely in the forum during games.  1 ht comment max.

JaneB   
11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Best player in the world in his position.  Somehow I have a hunch that Paul was talking about Ashley, not Joe.

Yes of course, that makes much more sense.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Welcome back! Good start for the mighty Wolves huh? 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Welcome back! Good start for the mighty Wolves huh? 

Thanks Ghost. Yep, Wolves came out fully charged up and firing. 

After our first game at Brighton we're now off to Anfield of course. Meanwhile, Wolves have to step up too, with a home game against Citeh. If Wolves can repeat their performance in the first half against Sheffield United then they could turn over Pep's lot I think.

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

I don't know :-(

(See NEW FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT 2020)

Sorry Jane. How do I find this please?

JaneB   
23 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Sorry Jane. How do I find this please?

Page 1 of the Chelsea Forum

48 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Page 1 of the Chelsea Forum

Thanks, duly observed.

Blue Rod   
6 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

(I guess you're chatting to me). Calm down calm down I was only joking about the £500!! ( it was grand)

However I did put you on the spot when you kept banging on about how useless Lampard was( and you do remember moaning about him don't you). . I said something like " well you like getting a prediction right Blue Rod , so what's the odds on Chelsea finishing 4th" and you said ( words to this effect) " absolute zero if they keep playing this dross" . So I couldn't get you to completely commit and you left yourself a little get out "if", but you barely said a good word about him after that so I don't think you had a change of heart. But if we had finished 5th I reckon you would have no problem remembering those predictions. But he did get 4th, very nearly 3rd and but for a shocking ref display ( which I still haven't got over) the FA cup.

I think you should find your happy place because despite a dull opening this is going to be a great season.  We are going to push all the way and win a trophy. 

Again I repeat; I never had an argument with you about us finishing top 4 and I have explained in my last post quite clearly why I would never have had that argument. You are fabricating stuff that never happened. Maybe you think it's funny. But it also makes you come across as quite desperate.

As for Lampard, my opinion on him after a full season and our first match this season is that he's not up to the job that he has taken on. Quite frankly, I think ambition got the better of  Frank Lampard.  He didn't have to, and didn't need to come to this job so early in his managerial career and with barely any experience of note.  

I do hope that we have a great season. But I would be surprised if Lampard is still here the next one. I respect your views on how this season will turn out for us. Perhaps you could spend more time expressing such views and less trying to be funny.  

Faramir   
On 9/15/2020 at 0:18 PM, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

His speed up off the ground following the save from Alzate shot was quite impressive. Few in the league could have matched that. Parts of his game are pretty good.......just the bit where he has to stop the ball going in the net let’s him down! 

This comment is hilarious. Thanks!

Edited by Faramir

On 9/16/2020 at 1:25 AM, Blue Rod said:

Again I repeat; I never had an argument with you about us finishing top 4

Yes you did

You are fabricating stuff that never happened

No I'm not. 

Maybe you think it's funny. But it also makes you come across as quite desperate.

It's a football forum not a dating site, but I'm sorry if my 'profile' doesn't float ya boat. Perhaps we can just be 'good friends?'

So lets just have a little recap and freshen up your memory. Granted it was a while ago and the sands of time can get in the way of details,  but if your gonna accuse someone of fabricating a conversation you need to be pretty damn sure of yourself.

We need to go back to the Bayern thread on Feb 26th. You were doing your usual knocking Lampard after a bad result. Tbf it was a busy old thread but feel free to check my quotes:

26th Feb 0:03pm You made a post about Lampard being out of his depth as a coach and someone like Conte knows how to maximise the qualities of players would do a better job. As we were in 4th at that point I replied asking what position did you think we would be in with Conte in charge at this point, and also what position do you think we will finish, given your low opinion of Lampard and the squad. You replied that with the improved coach we would still be in 4th but playing a kind of football that makes sense... (you ignored my question about where you think we will finish).

26th Feb 8:21pm: I replied saying "so even with a better coach (in your eyes) we would be no higher up the table?". I also said if Lampard gets us top four with these players he deserves a bloody medal. I then asked the question again....and I quote..."You like a prediction Blue Rod...is he going to do it (top 4) or not?"... You replied with the following....."I have watched enough football to be able to form my opinion about the way things are going. We have absolutely no consistency , and we are as clueless against a conference team as we are against a European elite club" (end quote) . So again you avoided committing yourself to an answer but just said that you knew the way things were heading and we are clueless even against a conference team.  

27th Feb: I then replied : (Quote) "So I'll take that as a definite no from you that we will not get 4th. But I'll tell you what I think. Depends a bit on the teams around us of course but I think we will nick it" (end quote)

And I will remind you just now what you said about Lampards performance this season and what you said back then:

As for Lampard, my opinion on him after a full season and our first match this season is that he's not up to the job that he has taken on.

Feb 26 8:37pm: "Of course it would be a tremendous achievement for the club and Lampard personally if we finish 4th or higher" (end quote)  ....well at least we agree on that then Blue Rod. Quite amusing all that and not a desperate gag in sight!

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Like 2