• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 3

16 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:
On 9/16/2020 at 1:25 AM, Blue Rod said:

Again I repeat; I never had an argument with you about us finishing top 4

Yes you did

26th Feb 8:21pm: I replied saying "so even with a better coach (in your eyes) we would be no higher up the table?". I also said if Lampard gets us top four with these players he deserves a bloody medal. I then asked the question again....and I quote..."You like a prediction Blue Rod...is he going to do it (top 4) or not?"... You replied with the following....."I have watched enough football to be able to form my opinion about the way things are going. We have absolutely no consistency , and we are as clueless against a conference team as we are against a European elite club" (end quote) . So again you avoided committing yourself to an answer but just said that you knew the way things were heading and we are clueless even against a conference team.  

27th Feb: I then replied : (Quote) "So I'll take that as a definite no from you that we will not get 4th. But I'll tell you what I think. Depends a bit on the teams around us of course but I think we will nick it" (end quote)

Pretty clear here.  Blue Rod ducked an argument about finishing top 4.  Nobly accuses him of ducking the issue.  7 months later Nobly accuses him of having the argument the didn't have and even quotes himself accusing him of ducking out of it as "proof".

I am impressed that Nobly has finally learnt to search for old quotes at last.  That is progress.  Next step he should try reading them.

18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pretty clear here.  Blue Rod ducked an argument about finishing top 4.  Nobly accuses him of ducking the issue.  7 months later Nobly accuses him of having the argument the didn't have and even quotes himself accusing him of ducking out of it as "proof".

I am impressed that Nobly has finally learnt to search for old quotes at last.  That is progress.  Next step he should try reading them.

Nice to have you back! Well firstly he said we'd never had a conversation about it...clearly we did .... secondly he did admittedly, kinda try and duck it but you're good at reading too Droy. We were 4th at that moment in time. BR said he knew which way this out of his depth coach and his team were heading. Oh, so we were heading somewhere. Would you say he meant up or down? I mean what is reasonable to assume? He said we were equally as hopeless against a conference side let alone Europes elite. And when I said "I'll take that as a no then" he failed to respond. So I may not have a technical knockout on the prediction, but it shows he's a chicken when it comes to backing up his comments. 

Nice try though. I see you're still smarting. Just let it go mate, it'll only fester.

Edited by NoblyBobly

Gutted for RLC. All looked mental tonight helped little by playing in his weakest position. Swapping him and Kai mightve aided both. 

Copying Naglesman for Werner couldve worked but didn't this time and threw a lowon confidence RLC to the wolves for my money. 

Ruben has rarely been fit for any lengyh of time and hisback issues have been worse than Chelsea have admitted and were only just under control when Romans idiocy led to an awful achilles injury that, at his size, could take another year to flatten fully. The twitter hate for Ruben appalled me as ot was one game and we need to see him fit before we can tell if he will everbe back to the Sarri form where he was amazing for us. 

Maybe even a last loan but his love of Chelsea means we should back him another attempt. He isn't a bogarde and in terms of talent he is way above Mount, Jorginho, Ross and close to Kai. Why he has always faced more hate than any othe youth product is beyond me. Best 8 at the club on form. 

13 minutes ago, mastiffchild said:

Gutted for RLC. All looked mental tonight helped little by playing in his weakest position. Swapping him and Kai mightve aided both. 

What was his position - a genuine question because I couldn't work it out and nobody seems to have said.  

14 minutes ago, mastiffchild said:

1.  He isn't a bogarde and in terms of talent he is way above Mount, Jorginho, Ross and close to Kai.

2.  Why he has always faced more hate than any othe youth product is beyond me.

3.  Best 8 at the club on form. 

1.  He certainly looked like a Boogaard; upset because he had been picked. 

2. He certainly received more love than any youth player up until last season except CHO (and the jury is re-considering him).
Young players get an awful lot of leeway at this club.  Kalou took 2 and a half years before almost anyone but me would criticise.
Like most youth players RLC was praised and hyped until he reached 24 this calendar year.

3.  What ever he is, he contributes the smallest to the midfield work load of all the contenders, even Barkley.  He is never going to be a top class midfielder, ever.  It is time to ask why he has been allowed to play that role when he really should have been played outwide to use his pace or up front from his early teens.
The best thing that happened on Monday was the recognition that Mount is the the only candidate remaining from last year to play at 8.

^ I will give another shout out for Barkley. 

He may not get a lot of game time this season and he may even leave us, but I think he is a useful squad member. He has a few faults ( which many have pointed out) but I have always enjoyed the positive aspects of his game, his physical presence in an otherwise small team,  the way he runs at a defence, his eye for goal, his ability to shoot from distance. Generally he's a sound player.  What do you get for 7m these days? ( David Luiz I suppose). 

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

^ I will give another shout out for Barkley. 

He may not get a lot of game time this season and he may even leave us, but I think he is a useful squad member. He has a few faults ( which many have pointed out) but I have always enjoyed the positive aspects of his game, his physical presence in an otherwise small team,  the way he runs at a defence, his eye for goal, his ability to shoot from distance. Generally he's a sound player.  What do you get for 7m these days? ( David Luiz I suppose). 

Yep. 

Not perfect but perfectly usable. 

Blue Rod   
On 17/09/2020 at 5:52 PM, NoblyBobly said:

Yes you did

No I'm not. 

It's a football forum not a dating site, but I'm sorry if my 'profile' doesn't float ya boat. Perhaps we can just be 'good friends?'

So lets just have a little recap and freshen up your memory. Granted it was a while ago and the sands of time can get in the way of details,  but if your gonna accuse someone of fabricating a conversation you need to be pretty damn sure of yourself.

We need to go back to the Bayern thread on Feb 26th. You were doing your usual knocking Lampard after a bad result. Tbf it was a busy old thread but feel free to check my quotes:

26th Feb 0:03pm You made a post about Lampard being out of his depth as a coach and someone like Conte knows how to maximise the qualities of players would do a better job. As we were in 4th at that point I replied asking what position did you think we would be in with Conte in charge at this point, and also what position do you think we will finish, given your low opinion of Lampard and the squad. You replied that with the improved coach we would still be in 4th but playing a kind of football that makes sense... (you ignored my question about where you think we will finish).

26th Feb 8:21pm: I replied saying "so even with a better coach (in your eyes) we would be no higher up the table?". I also said if Lampard gets us top four with these players he deserves a bloody medal. I then asked the question again....and I quote..."You like a prediction Blue Rod...is he going to do it (top 4) or not?"... You replied with the following....."I have watched enough football to be able to form my opinion about the way things are going. We have absolutely no consistency , and we are as clueless against a conference team as we are against a European elite club" (end quote) . So again you avoided committing yourself to an answer but just said that you knew the way things were heading and we are clueless even against a conference team.  

27th Feb: I then replied : (Quote) "So I'll take that as a definite no from you that we will not get 4th. But I'll tell you what I think. Depends a bit on the teams around us of course but I think we will nick it" (end quote)

And I will remind you just now what you said about Lampards performance this season and what you said back then:

Feb 26 8:37pm: "Of course it would be a tremendous achievement for the club and Lampard personally if we finish 4th or higher" (end quote)  ....well at least we agree on that then Blue Rod. Quite amusing all that and not a desperate gag in sight!

You've scanned the archives to find comments in which I write about our lack of consistency or progress, and you've used that as proof that I argued with you about us finishing top 4. I find this really amusing. Everytime I argue that we are not consistent, you'd translate that to mean that I don't believe that we will finish top 4. Brilliant

As Droy pointed out, I docked the question of top 4 finish. There has always been a much better way to assess Lampard's progress. And you didn't have to waste your time and energy searching archives to find my comments about our lack of progress and consistency.  In fact this argument started with me saying exactly that. You've basically trolled through archives to find me making the same points I made only a few days ago 

We finished last season playing worse football than we started with.  I suspect that we may have been carried by the momentum of what Sarri left behind. The football we played in those early games certainly did have elements of Sarriball both good and bad bits. Then slowly and steadily our football has lost any resemblance of shape or character. Secondly, not a single player finished the season a better player under Lampard. I can point out other evidence that we are not progressing.

2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

You've scanned the archives to find comments in which I write about our lack of consistency or progress, and you've used that as proof that I argued with you about us finishing 4th

I "scanned the archives" because you told me I was a liar and had fabricated an argument we never had...and guess what... I found it. Actually it wasn't that difficult. I just picked a match this year where we got pummeled and there you were, true to form,  saying Lampard couldn't even beat a conference team let alone Europes elite. I myself have complained about our lack of consistency many times...so that argument is not going to ruffle my feathers at all. I suggest you go back and re read that thread.  You know very well the way you have put the boot into Lampard and the team this season so don't you be a liar. You continue to do it now.

I find this really amusing.

Good, at least I made you smile:)

As Droy pointed out,

Ah yes your white knight in Droy shaped armour. Did you know he actually pulled up one of my posts recently from about 3 years ago to try and prove I contradicted myself.

not a single player finished the season a better player under Lampard.

There really is nothing good you can say about him is there? As far as expectations go, who do you think did better this season? The worlds greatest coach "Pep Guardiola" or rookie Premiership coach (with transfer ban) Lampard? 

Look mate, we all have our own styles of posting . We all have our axes to grind. You, if I may so (with respect) are a bit of a know it all. Nothing you ever say or said is wrong . Everything you say comes to pass. Everything you predict happens. So I just called you out on it. I asked you twice a very simple question in Feb...."In your opinion will we or wont we finish top 4...what is your prediction". I told you my prediction but you just bottled it. Why didn't you just say "yes I think we will or no I don't think we will"? You had your chance but you didn't want to give a straight answer because you knew that at the end of the season, if you were wrong, their might be a slim chance that you might need to argue your way out of it. However I did make clear in my initial post that I recalled you'd been evasive when asked the specific question (and I was right) . What you then did, was deny any such conversation/disagreement had taken place. It actually went on over 4 pages for 2 days. What were you and I doing in those posts....writing each other fan mail? 

Now perhaps we can move on and look forward to the season ahead. Predictions at this point are imo a bit ludicrous. Lampard is our coach so lets get behind him as we would all the players. But Blue Rod, I don't have a job at the moment thanks to Covid , so if I feel like trawling through the archives for as long as it takes me to find something, I will....it passes the time. And if I'm accused of fabricating something that I didn't (by you or anyone else), you can bet your bottom dollar that's exactly what I'll do.    

Edited by NoblyBobly

23 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I "scanned the archives" because you told me I was a liar and had fabricated an argument we never had...and guess what... I found it.

You found your lie.  Well done.

24 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Ah yes your white knight in Droy shaped armour.

Actually Blue Rod is one of two regular posters I block.

24 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Did you know he actually pulled up one of my posts recently from about 3 years ago to try and prove I contradicted myself.

You do it all the time - your track record on who said what is on a par with your knowledge of kitkat ownership.  That famous.

26 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Lampard is our coach so lets get behind him as we would all the players.

irony irony

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You found your lie.  Well done.

It's surprising what you'll find if you look hard enough. For instance I just found this cryptic piece of nonsense^ 

p.s. Can you tell me how that book mark thing works?

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Actually Blue Rod is one of two regular posters I block.

I'm surprised I'm still on your Christmas card list tbf

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You do it all the time - your track record on who said what is on a par with your knowledge of kitkat ownership.  That famous.

I keep telling you...let it go man (but if only you could find a cracking example)

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

irony irony

I got my first team and I've got my subs. New season new slate. Not had a go at anyone (quick get searching).